Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syafia Diyana

Classic European & American Mixed Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good stuff. Keep it going.

I have yet to look at any furnitures. Want to see how our "theme less" reno comes out than decide what furniture will fit.

We have almost the same dining chairs. For furnitures, you might want to try Taylor B at Keppal Road. GORGEOUS stuffs.

Edited by Mummyoftwo

Noted on the furniture store. I hope the fancy stuffs there don't come with a large price tag. For me it's simple. Great design doesn't have to be costly as long as we are smart in searching for the exact same item for The lowest price... 😁 Nevertheless, will check out the place. Thanks babe.

Hi Syafia! I found another lover of the same theme!! Hooray!!! It's so true...Victorian/European classic themes are so hard to come by....I'm doing a French Country style theme for my new house and my hubby & I had a hard time searching for an ID, contractor, furniture & furnishings to complement the desired home decor I want...we went to a few IDs and finally, we decided to be our own ID instead as we know what we want. In the last few months, I have done enough research to finally put together the design, colour scheme & decor for our house. Like you, we share the exact same floor plan too ;)

I read through ur blog and saw ur photos.....They are exactly what we have designed & bought (I'm referring to the furniture) :)

A European classic home cannot do without wainscoting, pretty designed floral wallpaper & a fireplace!! As mine is French country style, I'm doing bead-board instead. And I'm getting the Laura Ashley design wallpaper for my rooms! We're starting our renovation this Thursday and hopefully have the time to do up a T-blog of my Reno journey :)

Oh yes....besides Taylor B, we got our furniture from JS Manhatten Interior. Her prices are not cheap but we manage to buy all our pieces at her storewide sale & tea parties. Turn out quite reasonable... :)

HI CountryGlow. Good luck with your reno journey. Am still patiently waiting for my keys now. Hopefully not later than July so I could kick start the reno and be done and over with this headache madness. Lol.

I have checked out both Taylor B and JS Manhattan website. However they are both more to Victorian / French theme. Very suitable for your concept. Nevertheless, I will still check out the stores to see what else is there in their showroom. From what I see online, the price of the dining chairs online are rather steep. We are looking at about $500-$700 per piece. I got mine at a good bargain of $300 per piece. Got them from Knock Knock at Furniture Mall in Toh Guan. Retail price is $399 but after much bargain, manage to scale down to $300 per piece. The cheapest I have found in Singapore. Lol. :jammin:

As for the chesterfield corner sofa, I will still source for the best bargain price. Worst case scenario, will make a trip to JB and purchase them there if price is much lower including GST and transportation fees.

I just checked JS website too. And it fits Country Glow's French theme. I'm not an ambassador for Taylor B or anything but yeah, you should check out the actual place in person. A gem!!! They are more towards European style- you'll definitely find something you will like there to suit your theme. And their website... doesn't really do justice. I love that place to bits, however the service could do a tad better though :unsure:

Pricewise, they have the most affordable chesterfields (yes I have a chesterfield too) in Singapore. I saw a very similar L-shaped chesterfield you are looking for at Pa****me, but they are generally more pricey than anywhere that I've checked out.

Ive scouted JB too, nothing much. Cheaper yes but the transportation is quite a killer and more often than not, will make overall price unjustifiable. But of course, you can still have a look2 see2!

Just so excited to find someone on the same boat! :sport-smiley-004:

OK, before i continue with the design ideas, I'd share a little bit on the insane ID / Contractor search.

Sounds crazy but this is my 1st home so I want everything to be perfect plus I want to make sure that I can find the right person to be able to understand my concept and able to do up the designs that I have laid for them and most importantly, with the most reasonable price and the best chemistry between me, hubby and the ID / Contractor.

We started hunting for a contractor since last year July - August. A year before the expected keys collection. We have seen countless (I really lost track of the number as it was too many) no of Id / Contractor with my floor plan and an idea board with me every time I meet them. It was quite simple explanation as I laid all the pictures of my ideas in order and exactly how and where it should be placed. Weirdly, most of them do not understand what I am saying. Lol. As though I was speaking an alien language.

Fast forward, very few end up getting back to us but all the quotations were more than $60k. The rest went dead silent perhaps they don't need my $?? Only 1 of the ID that came back to us very promptly and the vibe was good from him right from the 1st meeting last September. He seems to understand everything that I said which is great and totally non pushy and don't mind the idea that we will only get the keys in July. The chemistry was good and we were very comfortable with him and we decided to have a second meeting with him just before CNY. After going through the details and again with more bargain, pens down, we signed the contract with him having all that we need within our budget. We will be meeting up with him again for our 1st deposit and further discussion next weekend and hope to be able to see some 3D by then.

Edited by Syafia Diyana

Mummyoftwo, you mean ParisHome? Lol. I was there yesterday to check the showroom. 1stly, the sofas are not comfortable at all. Secondly the cushions where we sit on are extra charges. They are very pricey and on top of that the delivery charges are base on 30% of your purchase price. That's completely absurd. :furious: Therefore, I completely strike them off my list.

YES! :D. They are incredibly pricey aren't they. We ALMOST wanted to purchase a sofa from them but when we got to know they need 100% payment and items will arrive only 10weeks later, we thought that was ridiculous.

Mummyoftwo... Thank you so much.. I went to drop by Taylor B a while ago during lunch and I think I just died and went to Furniture Haven. Lol. The things there are gorgeous.. But the service there are so bad. So will come by again another day when I have more time.. Thank you again. :)