Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syafia Diyana

Classic European & American Mixed Home

Hello! One word- FINALLY!!!!

Finally someone on the same wavelength as me! I absolutely adore your concept. Am trying to adapt it for my new home too. Nowadays, everywhere I turn to, it's scandi/ retro/ industrial- no offense to those having this theme, it is beautiful in its own way but just not my cup of tea.

Anyways, cant wait to the final result of your home. We seem to have almost the same moodboard.

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I'm on a personal quest to get ppl on this forum to not follow these cookie-cutter trends - and, if they absolutely must, to at least make it their own with some design touches. Anyway, I'm on board with this look. Feels really classy and timeless. All the best to you both with your respective homes!

Fa,

thisbtotrendmustdie.wordpress.com

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I'm on a personal quest to get ppl on this forum to not follow these cookie-cutter trends - and, if they absolutely must, to at least make it their own with some design touches. Anyway, I'm on board with this look. Feels really classy and timeless. All the best to you both with your respective homes!

Fa,

thisbtotrendmustdie.wordpress.com

Thanks. It's always good to portray your own touches to your home not just because its a trend. That's going to be a place that you will live in. Classy and timeless is in my blood... :notti:

As for my kids room, I have a 5 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. Therefore am having them to share the same bedroom till they are big enough to sleep in their own room. As for the other room, will maintain it as their play room. So here is my color scheme for the kids shared bedroom. Half Blue and half Pink:

cute-pink-striped-wall-sticker-backgroun

1269382361HH1902.jpg

Am buying extendable bed for the kids from Ikea. Cheap and practical use of space. Am getting a simple Ikea wardrobe as well for them Since the size of the wardrobe is not big, therefore am buying 2 so they can have their own wardrobe.

busunge-extendable-bed__0249446_PE387732

busunge-extendable-bed__0312907_PE512945

hensvik-wardrobe-white__65574_PE177068_S

Still deciding on getting them these Ikea chest drawers for them to store their own personal things.

busunge-chest-of-drawers__0243403_PE3827

busunge-chest-of-drawers__0243401_PE3827

For the playroom, still deciding on the color scheme. I want it to be colorful and playful. Will update soon.

Key collection will be quite soon. I can't wait to get all this done and over with... Stay tune...

Hi,

I want to have similar shaker style kitchen cabinets like yours. But my BTO won't be ready until next year. So I will have to wait a long time to have my dream kitchen. Intending to have two-tone kitchen cabinets. All white for top cabinets and navy blue for bottom cabinets with Kompacplus kitchen top. I am also aiming for a copper farmhouse sink but it is sooooooooo expensive and hard to find. Sigh!!!!!!

Did your ID said anything about it being difficult to make the cabinet doors? Almost 90% of all kitchen cabinets that I have seen in Singapore are made of laminates.

Hi,

I want to have similar shaker style kitchen cabinets like yours. But my BTO won't be ready until next year. So I will have to wait a long time to have my dream kitchen. Intending to have two-tone kitchen cabinets. All white for top cabinets and navy blue for bottom cabinets with Kompacplus kitchen top. I am also aiming for a copper farmhouse sink but it is sooooooooo expensive and hard to find. Sigh!!!!!!

Did your ID said anything about it being difficult to make the cabinet doors? Almost 90% of all kitchen cabinets that I have seen in Singapore are made of laminates.

HI.

Congrats on getting your new home. Don't worry, as long does it sound, a year will pass by real soon. I am still counting down to gets the keys next month latest early July. Totally understand the insane wait that literally killed us. Lol. :D

As for the kitchen cabinet, right from the 1st meeting, I specifically informed the ID way before signing anything that I wanted solid Nyatoh wood and strictly no laminate. In fact everything was designed by myself, my ID only put in on drawing and to make it a reality. I am indeed a very fussy person when it comes to design and type of material that I want to use. So my ID have to follow everything that I want. After all, that's what we paid them for. But so far so good, my ID tried his best to accommodate all of my needs and requirements. Solid Nyatoh is definitely way more expensive than laminate. But it sure last way longer than laminate. Therefore, your selected ID must be able to give what you want. You have to be firm with them on your exact requirements on design and material. So good luck to you. I wish you all the best. :D

Edited by Syafia Diyana

Finally I have finalized my tiles selections... :sport-smiley-018:

My Dry Side Kitchen Backsplash...

IMG_4069.jpg

Kids Aka Common Bathroom One Sided Wall Tile (To cover the existing ugly wall)

IMG_4065.jpg

Master Bathroom Marble like Wall Tiles

IMG_4072.jpg

Master Bathroom Feature Wall Tile

IMG_4070.jpg

Master Bathroom Combination Tiles

IMG_4074.jpg

Finally made that decision to change from the pinkish granite to the white marble like Quartz for the kitchen counter top. Though I have to Top up on the cash, I guess it will be all worth it... :D

IMG_4079.jpg

Hi Syafia, what herf colour did you choose? I've never seen it before. Scottish walnut?

HI. Yes Scottish walnut is the colour. Its a very deep brown. Not black. Apparently used to seeing only Evorich but there's another supplier that provides HERF as well. I choose the Europe Unique instead as they have the colour selection that I wanted as Evorich colours are way to light for me. Options were given by my ID. So choose the colour instead of the supplier brand. Hope that helps.

Hi there I like the marble like quartz! any idea who is the supplier? My contractor offered me iquartz and I dun see any marble like design from the website.

Hi there I like the marble like quartz! any idea who is the supplier? My contractor offered me iquartz and I dun see any marble like design from the website.

Hi, The quartz are from iQuartz. Product name is Bianca Ariston. Hope that helps.