Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi snowy89, the insect screens are confirmed for us, no negotiation. Haha :notti:

Your unit probably have lesser insects due to the location?

Anw, will reply your PM soon! Cheers!

Awww, I would love to have you as my next door neighbour! It would have been lovely but it okay because you are the next block only. :D I personally don't find many insects at home, only the occasional visit of the pesky houseflies when I happen to cook. Do sweep along the corners of the house, there seem to be a number of long legged spiders. I always crush them when I mop the house. I think you can monitor first before you decide to purchase the insect nets since they don't come cheap and seem troublesome when you need to open/close the windows.

I heard it would be ready on the third quarter, we can only keep praying.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, really love the overall look.. really very nice :) .. could you pm me how much did you pay for the hob and hood? Thank you

cheers

Moon

Hihi bgmoon!

Thank you :)

We bought our Fujioh hood & Rinnai hob from this neighborhood shop at Circuit Road area.

Got them at a special price of $855.

hi, really love the overall look.. really very nice :) .. could you pm me how much did you pay for the hob and hood? Thank you

cheers

Moon

Hihi bgmoon!

Thank you :)

We bought our Fujioh hood & Rinnai hob from this neighborhood shop at Circuit Road area.

Got them at a special price of $855.

Hi CountryGlow,thanks for sharing. Is that RB2GI?

Cheers

Hi there!

Have PM-ed you my contractor's details!

freeder - Cool! Victorian concept is also another challenging theme and not easily come by. Hope you a good ID/contractor to make your Victorian dream come true :good:

Hi..

Pls PM me your contractor contact..
Currently , in the midst of planning a Victorian concept..
TIA.

Rgds,
Mike

Hi, can you pm me your contractor's contact please. thank you!

Hihi Lavender 7799,

May I know which door knob are you referring to? If you are referring to the black knob, the only black door handle is installed to our MBR door. We bought it from Shanghai Tong Lee, located at Textile Centre along Jalan Sultan.

And yes, it comes with lock function - push lock on the inside and key lock on the outside.

Hi countryglow ,

I love your room's black door knobs ! Care to share where u got them from and if the knobs comes with lock function?

Thanks so much :)

Edited by CountryGlow

Hi blueheart, thanks much! Have PM-ed you the details you require! :dancingqueen:

hi mind pm me your contractor contact and the cost of the whole renovation? TIA nice house you have and i love the concept of your home gym:)

It's time to update on my Taobao (TB) loots!

Disclaimer (first): I must really give myself a big pat on my shoulders, I'ld say. *pat pat* As I'm a potato shopping on Taobao! (Ok, maybe after you got hooked on to shopping on TB, it will really turned you into a couch potato. Haha)

This is my first time shopping on Taobao and the challenge of course was the language, still is actually! Besides making Google Translate my good friend, I have invested lotsa time ploughing through many others' t-blogs who had shared generously on how to shop on TB. Since I couldn't really communicate well with the sellers directly, plus all the alipay and ali-card etc, I decided to take the easier way out and engage Peeka as my agent and forwarder to help me purchase and ship my orders over. Happy to share that I have ordered about $1,200 worth of items from TB - LOL! No idea how did I accumulate all those purchases (maybe it's really soooo addictive!) but I must really say, all the efforts to learn shopping on a foreign site really paid off! Great savings especially on lighting and accessories which cost a bomb for the designs of my theme! :sport-smiley-018: I can't help it but beam (with pride) when I share all my buys with my hubby because Missy Po-ta-to has succeeded! :)

Anyway, below are my loots which are currently still pending at Peeka China receiving centre, waiting for my last item to reach, packed and then shipped out. :(

Shipment would likely take 2 - 3 weeks and now, we are quite worried if the delay of the items will cause any delay in the fixture of things during the renovation. :help: Should have ordered earlier before the long CNY break in China....well, we will have to be positive! Below are some loots ordered by Missy Po-ta-to:

A) First up! Lightings...

Top left: 2 wall lights in the living hall beside our fabric sofa

Top centre: Pretty sweet hanging light for the kitchen

Top right: Wall light above my side table next to our bed

Middle left: Cosy cottage hanging lamps for bedroom 3 (purchased from Singapore at a steal!) We intend to spray the metal parts white (one of our min DIY project)

Middle right: Hanging lights above our dining table (totally LOVE this lamp)

Bottom left: 2 wall lights along our walkway into the rooms

Bottom centre: Downlight for the area right outside our MBR toliet

Bottom right: Simple lamps for both toliets. Another one which we plan to spray the metal portion white! :)

B) Decorative accessories - what can we do without them :wub:

Love these flowers which will be popping everywhere in our house. Half of them will be go to the 2 bathrooms as we are not going to change HDB's original bathroom design, hence we hope by throwing pops of colourful flowers around the bathroom would do the simple trick of customising them like our own :)

Design switch frames for the living hall and rooms

Paintings for the kitchen

Paintings%20for%20kitchen_zpspkumbojm.jp

Paintings%20for%20kitchen_vege_zpsawg5lw

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

End of Week 4 ~ We are VERY into Motion! Carpentry works PART II

Guess this has been the most exciting week since reno started! Our carpentry for the kitchen cabinets, walk-in wardrobe and wainscoting (what I considered the "highlights" of our new house) are 95% completed! All have been smooth except for some minor touch-ups and to install the knobs and handles for our kitchen cabinets and wardrobe :rofl: I don't know about the speed of carpentry work for others but I must really give 10 thumbs-up to Contractor J's workers for their efficiency and commitment to deliver the best job for us. Must say that so far, all the different workers Contractor J has engaged (i.e. tilers, cornice-er, carpenters, electrician/plumber) are all friendly and take pride in their work. The hubby and I have left the 'work-in-progress reno scene' feeling happy and settled each time as we could always strike a nice conversation with any of the workers, with them sharing so much knowledge on each stage of the reno. I guess their friendliness and productivity let us feel assured that each part of the renovation works are in good hands. :paint:

Anyway, back to our cabinets..we will be buying our door knobs and handles from Taobao :P Since shipment would take about 2 weeks to reach, we told Contractor J to only send his guys back to help us finish the installation later this month.

We will be getting the below pumpkin-look-alike door knobs for our kitchen and shoes cabinet.

Tiffany green pumpkin for the shoes cabinet and white pumpkin for our kitchen cabinet :)

At the middle and bottom right would be the knobs and handles for our wardrobe doors. Single white silvery rose knobs for the doors and white ceramic handles for the drawers. Love our choices which are unique and can't find them locally...hopefully they fit prettily on our cabinet doors :yeah:

1428771356995_zpsf9xfucpr.jpg

Our baby blue (aka farmhouse) kitchen - C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E.D !

*I'll let the below pictures do the talking* :dribble:

Overall kitchen cabinets on the right side

:lol:Doors alternate between panel-design and box-frame to match our beadboards wainscoting in the living hall. And a white solid surface top to compliment and contrast the sweet baby blue cabinets. Our Samsung fridge will be placed at the far-right corner of the kitchen.

A close-up on our top mount kitchen sink* (from Sim Siang Choon) / High curve-design tap (from Heritage Bathroom Gallery) / Fujioh hood (SLM 900) / Rinnai hod (2Gi) - latest model black tempered glass top with 2 inner flame burners

:deal: Our Samsung fridge, Fujioh hood and Rinnai hob were purchased from a neighbourhood store (*ahem* competitor of Goh Ah Bee) called Kah Hock Repairer & Trading. Bought our other electrical appliances from them as well...shop and save! :sport-smiley-018:

*Some regrets that we had not selected an Apron front kitchen sink instead since it will further enhance our farmhouse (& maybe rustic) kitchen...

Kitchen on the left side - with only bottom cabinets

Close-up shot of the panel-design doors - Great job done by Contractor J's carpenters! :thumbs up:

Our baby blue kitchen - inspired!

Did our cabinets achieve this design which we got our inspiration from? I hope we did (with some photoshop and better lighting)! :P

Hi CountryGlow,

I love your pictures for the kitchen! Can share the TB links to the chefs pictures?

I would also like the TB links for your handles (white) and knobs (eyeing white too)

I saw them in Ikea but they are selling $5.90 for a set of 2 knobs (not as nice as yours) so I am hoping to get nice ones from TB for less.

Overall, I like country but it's a big NO -NO from hubs :( So, going scandi cum country (hehehehe)

Regards,

Weiyan