Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Carpentry works PART II (Cont')

Our Walk-in Wardrobe - C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E.D !

:dancingqueen: My Dressed-Up ROOM everyday! Really love the white cabinets and sleek trimmings on the doors....a touch of class in my personal space!

*Stay tuned to the other furnishing and decor in this room. Promise it will be a sweet aw-ing sight :P *

2015-04-11%2022.20.08_zpsetlatgp2.jpg

My carpentry updates shall stop here. Up next! Our house will be in colours ! ! ! For a sneak peek, I caught a shot of the open tin of paint while Painter-worker A was painting our house. :notti: Will update soon in our world of colours :)

20150411_152802_zpsvm9wo5yh.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

omg i super love the panel-design kitchen cabs! its exactly what i'm looking for and i was so so worried that the contractors might not be able to replicate it! They really done a great job i must say!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: and the trimmings on your wardrobe? i think we have the same style in mind now hahahaha

Thanks chower thanks clownprince!

This part of our house which we wanted to spend the least attention & budget on has now became the best area I love! LOL. At least this wld motivate me to cook more. I guess. :P

Hi!

Your entries are addictive and it is so exciting seeing the goodness of reno coming altogether into pieces. Do you mind sharing his contact. Me too are looking for contractors instead of ID since we know what we want. :)

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

End of Week 5 ~ We are in a home of colours now !

The past week had grew even more EGGciting seeing our house slowly coming into 'life' with our selected colours painted on our walls! Since ours is a country-style theme, the few ideal colours would be towards the neutral hues e.g. barley white (off-white tones), nude/creamy brown, bisque, bluish-grey and pale blue, to compliment our flooring and white furniture. However, the Hubby and I decided to steer (slightly) away from such 'recommended' hues as we wanted some punch of energy and cheery vibes in our home. Hence! We decided to paint the all famous Laura Ashley's Duck EGG (aka the Tiffany & Co colour!) that would be above our featured - wainscotting in the living hall! :dancingqueen: To not divert too much from the neutral hues, we selected Nippon's Sail White (1199) for the rest of the living room walls. From the Nippon brochure, Sail White appears to be white with a tint of light greyish tone...but after Mr Painter has completed the hall with this colour, we thought it look WHITE :dunno: Thankfully for the Duck Egg colour, which is one of our best decisions, it helped contrast against Sail White and our white beadboards, bringing Summer into our home! :D

Below is a sample of Laura Ashley's Duck Egg coloured wall:

2015-04-18%2022.54.36_zpspdvarioa.png

Laura Ashley's Duck Egg --- INSPIRED.

20150413_102404_zpsbuikntt8.jpg

20150413_103233_zpsenddixcx.jpg

(Shot taken from the passage-way)

Remember in my post no. 2, that we wanted our bedroom 3 ceiling painted in the Duck Egg/Tiff & Co colour to hold some consistency throughout the living hall at one glance?? *TA-DA!* Here it goes.....!

20150413_102736_zpsxwxyg7qu.jpg

(Shot taken from the wall lined with wainscotting)

20150413_104736_zpsoemr4qij.jpg

(Shot taken from bedroom 3. See the Duck Egg coloured ceiling above??? :P)

EGGciting hall we got, don't we? :dancingqueen:

Edited by CountryGlow

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

End of Week 5 ~ We are in a home of colours now ! (Cont'...)

Next, :thumbs up: to our kitchen and service yard! How I wish we could paint our kitchen walls as well but they are already laid with wall tiles (courtesy from HDB). So....We decided to give our service yard a brush of SUNshine to match our baby blue cabinets for an even more country feel :wub:

(Please note that the yellow in the picture below (right side) appears more striking than real life.)

1429365247642_zpsvigfwtsd.jpg

Our SUNshine colour in the service yard is taken from Nippon's Earth Yellow (3142).

Inspired by this :notti: Some sort of similarity?? *Hehe*

Screenshot_2015-02-04-22-37-02_zps8uxmnj

Master bedroom & Bedroom 2

Also inspired by the ceiling colour of our bedroom 3 (in the previous post), we decided to adopt the "coloured ceiling" concept for all our bedrooms i.e. coloured ceiling in the master bedroom and coloured ceiling in bedroom 2. As we had to consider the design/colour of the wallpaper which we will have on one side of the wall, for both bedrooms, we have to choose a ceiling colour that is most similar to compliment yet contrast the wallpaper. Tough choice I must say :rolleyes:

Well...tough choice but still must have a choice! So for our Master bedroom, we chose Nippon's Angel Pink (1162) which is a shade of pale yet sweet rosy pink that brushes across our ceiling sky as we look up from our bed....imagining the sweetness that lies in the day ahead when we first open our eyes each morning #thinkpositive

20150413_101029_zpss3x4cqqr.jpg

(Sorry if the picture can't depict the Angel Pink colour accurately. Look at the white ceiling across our passage-way and you shall see our sweet pale pink ceiling! :P )

Last colour for our home is in Bedroom 2 - Our Walk'in Wardrobe!

Ceiling colour - Nippon's Indigo Mist (1129)

20150411_143631_zpskerbibhn.jpg

(Once again, the actual lilac colour of my bedroom 2 ceiling is slightly lighter than what's shown in the picture.)

Colourful home we got, don't we? :paint::lol:

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

End of Week 5 ~ We are 'potatos' yet We Did it !

The second half of our egg-citement had not ended with our colourful walls because our Taobao loots have arrived! :jammin:

I must say it was not easy bringing in our first shipment of Taobao stuff as both Hubby & I are Chinese-potatoes. WE DID IT ANYWAY and the items are in good condition when we received them! (except for 1 broken lamp that cost us less than 10 bucks, which we can forgo. The other was a pair of broken soap dispenser which we are checking with the agent on exchanging) For the rest, they are good quality and don't differ much from what were shown on the website. Thank God for that! :lol: I shall not say further and show our loots!

When the parcels arrived....total 14 parcels, at 126kg. :jawdrop:

20150413_124032_zpsgh5wlito.jpg

And we spent half the day trying to de-package our parcels and crate-boxes. *Phew* :sport-smiley-003:

20150413_142720_zpsdlevt74v.jpg

First up! :rofl:My LIGHTS!

Hanging above my round dining table

2015-04-19%2000.59.57_zpssuzyn1su.jpg

A pair of wall lamps at each side of the cottage-window opening

PS: The 'chandelier' hanging inside bedroom 3 is missing its lamp shades, which I forgot to throw them on before snapping this shot :P

PSST: See that glowing poster & frame inside the bedroom? *whispers* It belongs to The Hubby, which he can't wait any longer to hang up his AvEnGeRs poster in his LED-lighted poster frame. :unsure:;):sport-smiley-018:

1429377247709_zpsuljy9o3m.jpg

Another pair of pretty wall lamps along the passage-way

20150415_155037_zpsvyqlzn7c.jpg

Black vintage lamps for both bathrooms

One of the lamps broke and we had to scramble to buy another lamp for the common bathroom :wacko:

2015-04-19%2002.03.46_zps1gilfwjt.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

My LIGHTS! (Cont')

Petite & sweet lamp for our baby blue kitchen

We regretted not buying 2 of those as one seems miserably small for the kitchen. Too late now as we can't extend another wiring for 2nd piece :(

20150418_172728_zpsdka7pecy.jpg

Close-up shot!

20150415_113520_zpsa5j8mk4i.jpg

Next, :rofl:for The Wife's and The Hubby's Clothes...

A laundry sink which I bought to hand-wash my delicate clothes at our service yard

Quality of ceramic sink and stainless steel cabinet are thumbs up! :good:

20150415_181817_zpsruveburf.jpg

Trousers rack installed into our wardrobe for The Hubby

We were a little disappointed that the frame is plastic material although the rest are steel/metal rods (feels heavy). The sliding tracks are smooth and are 'soft close' too! :good::good:

20150418_100047_zpsdxfqxxck.jpg

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

Our Bathrooms ! :bath:

Our sliding bi-fold doors for both bathrooms have been installed!

White frosted glass for our common bathroom

20150415_141913_zps7d4hpo2r.jpg

Master bedroom bathroom

Clear transparent glass with white frames for our bathroom in the MBR :P

20150415_141342_zpsat5lahll.jpg

20150415_142012_zpsqeo4zlyg.jpg

3-door mirror cabinet from Taobao

YEAH for my storage! :jammin:

20150415_180535_zpsnmik0qgm.jpg

Rain shower and triple wall-soap-dispensers

The rain shower is a steal! Quality is superb and very heavy...even Mr Plumber asked me where I bought it from :sport-smiley-018: From Taobao of course! Haha!

20150415_172338_zpsmyqe4uro.jpg

20150415_180506_zps3bblqxbs.jpg

PS: All other bathroom accessories were bought from Heritage Bathroom Gallery.

PSST: Both our bathrooms don't look impressive as we had not changed the original tiles and structure which HDB provided. Headache now...How to transform these bathrooms to be more country-feel? Wanted to install wall lamps beside the mirror but it's too late at this point of time. I've also bought paintings and pops of flowers to throw in...but still.....ANYONE has SUGGESTIONS??? :(

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

End of Week 5 ~ We are proud of our Maison De Style Champetre ! :yamseng:

At this point of time, our renovation is probably 80% completed. Contractor J had helped us to do one round of acid wash around the house, and we are left with some minor touch ups for the cabinets, painting works, installation of kitchen/other accessories and our doors for the MBR and bedroom 3. Thus far, we have been very satisfied with Contractor J and his quality of work. And is certainly worth recommending... :good:

For those who have requested me to share on my contractor's contact, I will be sharing with you all soon. Please give me some time to get back to you as we have been superbly busy at work and our reno. :)

There are some 'external works' still pending our actions before we can shift in in proper:

- Installation of air con units

- Installation of wall paper for MBR and walk-in wardrobe (bedroom 2)

- Delivery of our French furniture

- Delivery of electrical appliances for the kitchen

- Curtain installation (still sourcing for ideal ones :P )

- Misc. stuff as I can't think of them now....

Week 5 ended with the installation of our 3 ceiling fans (with lights) which we purchased for the living hall, our MBR and the walk-in wardrobe. Nothing fanciful about our ceiling fans since we opted for old school country feel. The good thing is, these fans fitted our pockets well and compliment our Maison De Style Champetre! :dancingqueen:

Before I end this post, I shall share some pictures on our newly renovated living hall. Can't wait to shift in our furniture which completes the over all look! :) :) :)

20150418_100833_zpswitirtus.jpg

20150418_182952_zps6tjg8q3l.jpg

20150418_173356_zpsh8yrbrni.jpg

This is our 36" fan in our walk-in wardrobe :lol:

20150418_173203_zpskssyres6.jpg

Our French furniture will be delivered next! Stay tuned for our post on that! :yamseng:

Edited by CountryGlow