Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrsfelicialee

Home Is Where The Heart Is - Reno Journey

Hi there,

Yes, all the carpentry comes with ABS trimming and white internal for all carpentry.

They do charge but i can't remember how much is it for 1m.

E did mention to me that he is able to throw it FOC for me since I didn't have lots of carpentry works but I thought that it's not necessary so didn't request them to do it for me.

Yes, they will only meet up when you've received your keys as they normally do a onsite measurement before sending their quote to you.

I felt that this is really a plus point as some contractors might quote base on floor plan when the actual site measurements might be bigger hence the price difference.

Would love to read up your T-blog soon when you've commence your renovation.

Happy Renovation! =)

Thanks Ferlicia for the reply. I do have contractor who is willing to quote on floor plan more of a draft quote and requested to view on site and measurement to finalised the quote. Anyway, glad to hear that they are willing to provide FOC internal colour pvc depends on situation.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

IKEA

I believe IKEA is a place where almost all new homeowners will visit and purchase some of the furniture and other misc stuffs.

So we are like most homeowners, we purchased a toddler's wardrobe, queen size bed frame and bedside table. Obviously these items required delivery and assemble so we gladly paid for it and make arrangement for the delivery date.

So on that day, we make our self available and waited from 10am - 1pm. (Delivery time is supposed to be 10am - 2pm). Since J&E's workers are doing up the carpentry works, I can't sit at my place for 5 hours. So I informed IKEA customer service staff to get the delivery team to call me at least an hour before they deliver the stuffs. However we waited till almost 1.15pm and no calls, so we decided to leave and instruct J&E's workers to help us inform the IKEA delivery team where to place the stuffs. So off we left. Got a call at 1.45pm from the delivery guys and when I inf them that I've left the place but the contractor's will inform them where to place the furnitures.

They REFUSE to assemble my items... stating that they required a HUGE place to assemble. (Like 3 empty bedrooms are not huge enough for them to assemble) And because my contractors are doing works there.

WTH!!! Plus they were rude.. They told me off that I'm supposed to wait for them and not the delivery team waiting for me. (HELLO!! I waited since 10am lor!!!)

Anyway they delivered my stuffs without assembly and left. Till date after a few calls and emails, no news of IKEA delivery team on refunding my assemble charges!!

So to all new homeowners. please ensure that you're done with your renovations, acid wash and stuffs before arranging delivery and assembly from the IKEA team!!!

19016951661_ed9be47346_z.jpg

*Sorry for my wordy post!! Got kinda pissed off with the ikea delivery team!! :angry2:

Edited by mrsfelicialee

wow the excuse by the delivery guys for not assembling your furniture is ridiculous but I'm even more shocked by the customer service of the ikea team regarding the refund of your assembly charges! I hope you get it sorted out soon!

Progress (17 June - 22 June)

Last weekend, we went up to our place and happy to see lots of progress. Carpentry Works are all done and all lights are up too!

Now we are awaiting the installation of kompacplus top, plumbing works and final coat of painting

Kitchen

19008305872_d281c800e8_z.jpg

19016873211_01f8a4fac5_z.jpg

Living Room

The finishing product of my shoe rack! Super love it!! :good:

19013809235_26d59235ea_z.jpg

Tracks light from TB... We have a bit of cheap trill playing with the remote control. Didn't know that the track lights come with remote.. :notti:

18987565936_67cebeb503_z.jpg

19008318372_f641ed18e1_z.jpg

Dining area and the pendant light!!! All our lights are super matchy to our house theme!!

19013811515_e8125b22b3_z.jpg

Lamp for our main door entrance (From Ikea)

19008314112_3077d6de0b_z.jpg

Service Yard

I feel that the light bulb that intially comes with the lamp is not bright enough.. gotta ask the electrician to help us to change to a bigger watt one.

18391232764_e8d7d139ca_z.jpg

19008307852_4d625a0b73_z.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet

Didn't managed to get a bigger angle for this pic...

We ask J&E to install the mirror and vanity top with kompacplus.

18826213718_1b1d8c7fcb_z.jpg

wow the excuse by the delivery guys for not assembling your furniture is ridiculous but I'm even more shocked by the customer service of the ikea team regarding the refund of your assembly charges! I hope you get it sorted out soon!

Hi eastlovin

Yes!! The delivery guys asked me to pay extra $35 for them to make a separate trip to assemble the furniture when my renovations are all done. Which I think is totally ridiculous when the person arranging this delivery & assemble service didn't inform us that they are unable to assemble furniture if flat is undergoing renovation.

Hi, would you mind sharing the Taobao links to these lighting fixtures please? They look great! Looking especially at the squarish one right in the middle, as well as the long strip light at the bottom left.

Also, if you could share the contact of J&E that would be brilliant. Thanks!

This week is a delivery week... most of our furniture and taobao stuffs has arrived. As mention earlier on that our renovations are a little behind schedule so we are kinda of worry that with all the furniture around, J&E's workers will have a tough time when they are about to do the acid wash.

Hope all will turn out fine.

Things that we bought & delivered!

1. Lighting bought from Taobao.

18670281271_85034ca87f.jpg

Edited by contrabandkarma

• Like 1

• Dining table set (Purchased from Taobao)

17404338942_5f97428dc7.jpg

hi there , do you mind sharing the taobao link u got this from? I tried to search and only show rakuten shop. thanks!

Hi Felicia

Thanks for your sharing your reno journey so far...perphaps if you don mind can you PM me your contractor's contacts?

Thanks in advance =)

Hi, would you mind sharing the Taobao links to these lighting fixtures please? They look great! Looking especially at the squarish one right in the middle, as well as the long strip light at the bottom left.

Also, if you could share the contact of J&E that would be brilliant. Thanks!

Hi there, the link to the light.

3rd row, 1st light: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=24500368432&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

2nd row, 2nd light: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=41297405125&spm=2014.12193480.0.0