Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nana Chan

Little Woody Home (Scandinavian 4Rm Resale Woodlands)

20150427_191819.jpg

20150427_192637.jpg

20150420_194033.jpg

20150427_192058.jpg

Apologise for the poor image quality.. cos now don't have any working lights in the house, and we can only go over for inspection after work, so bo bian had to use Hubby's handphone lights to take all these "progress" pictures.. :P

Edited by Nana Chan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Over the last week, there're some miscommunication on the design of our shoe cabinet..

But I'm glad Dennis took the time to explain to us, and everything was resolved quickly..

I can only say that some things you think is "common sense", its not that common.. so DO NOT Assume. ASK.

What your ID/Contractor gonna do is that, they will only follow exactly whats on your Contract/3D/Detailed Drawing.

So if something looks different, I suggest you ASK, EVERYTHING if possible..just to double confirm.

We thought we did, but apparently..we still miss out something.

We found a missing door on the detailed drawing of our half ht shoe cabinet. We then look back at our 3D drawing, we notice one of the cabinet was indeed open up with no door. Which at first we thought that 1 door was open up on purpose to let us see the interior of the cabinet.. It was a "common sense" thing to us that it must have been drawn wrongly, as our dinning table are gonna be quite near to it..

So we just casually highlighted it to Dennis, thinking he would most probably just laugh and ask his drafter to change it. But No.

He said that we didn't mention it earlier. :jawdrop: And then he continue saying the so call "missing door" is actually a "design". :jawdrop:

IMG-20150415-WA0017.jpg

I don't know about others, but I do not appreciate the so call "design" as the cabinet is gonna be just beside our dining table..

So we thought omg.. its again a ID say we didn't mention, and We say that he didn't inform kind of issue.. :(

Anyway ended up he say he will change it and add the door in for us.. so at least we still get what we wanted so no complains.. ;)

If you're doing your renovation now, perhaps its good to look at your 3D and detailed drawing again to have a peace of mind later.. :)

--------------

Then we're also unsure of the mechanism of the TV swivel system, and how the wires are hidden..

We asked if he have a detailed drawing to show us how everything are gonna be connected and the reinforcement done on the TV panel to ensure it is safe for TV mounting.

He said no at first, but eventually drew out something on his own to explain to us.. :):good:

IMG-20150427-WA0023.jpg

Appreciate all of his patience to explain and reassure us..

So far still didn't feel that we chose the wrong ID.. I hope I can say the same when the reno is done. :D

Edited by Nana Chan

Shopping Time - Newly bought from Hoe Kee..

Blanco Granite Sink - NAYA 8 in anthracite colour

Blanco Mida Tap

46624_114694.jpg

Image.jpeg

Fujioh SLM 900R Hood

Fujioh FG 3793 SVGL

slm_900.png

fg_3793_svgl.png

ip073133_1_MV.jpg

And my matchy Tefal Kettle from Courts. :lol:

Edited by Nana Chan

IMG-20150415-WA0017.jpg

my unit has a very similar layout as your. im planning to build a shoes cabinet just beside the main door too. will you be able to let me know how much your ID charge for it and what is the dimension? i'm quite worried that the whole thing will look very bulky if i will to have it across the whole wall to the height of the window.

looking forward to see the finish product of yours.

my unit has a very similar layout as your. im planning to build a shoes cabinet just beside the main door too. will you be able to let me know how much your ID charge for it and what is the dimension? i'm quite worried that the whole thing will look very bulky if i will to have it across the whole wall to the height of the window.

looking forward to see the finish product of yours.

PMed you. :D

Does your ID provide 3D drawing for you? If yes, can ask to provide 2 designs for your shoe cabinet (1 with half height, 1 with full height) for you to compare and see which you like better..

As the window of my dining area quite small, I dare not do full height worry that might block more lights away from that tiny window.. :lol:

Edited by Nana Chan

PMed you. :D

Does your ID provide 3D drawing for you? If yes, can ask to provide 2 designs for your shoe cabinet (1 with half height, 1 with full height) for you to compare and see which you like better..

As the window of my dining area quite small, I dare not do full height worry that might block more lights away from that tiny window.. :lol:

thanks for the information.

I'm already staying at my place! regret not getting a shoes cabinet made during my reno. the ready made shoes cabinet is so awful... serve me right for being stingy. ha... so now i got to find another carpentry for this small job. hope that i wont get chop carrot. :unsure:

debating with myself if i should have the cabinet seated on the floor or suspended and put some fake grass under it.

Hi Nana,

Please share with me your ID's contact. Saw the designs and colours all look very nice. Thanks in advance. :good: :good:

Hi, could you pm me your ID contact no? thank you

Hi Nana,

Please share with me your ID's contact. Saw the designs and colours all look very nice. Thanks in advance. :good: :good:

Hi!

PM-ed. :)

Did u replace all the water piping too?

Hi, only the basin, shower and washing machine pipes are changed as we're changing the location.. those big pvc pipes will be painted over. :)

Edited by Nana Chan

Its the 4th week of our reno now..

- Hacking done

- New common toilet entrance done

- Patch up old air con unit hole between MBR and Service Yard done

- Make good edge for hacked walls done

- Kitchen, 2 Toilets and Service Yard flooring and wall nicely done up~

- Big Pvc pipe base (for both toilet and service yard) nicely done up

- Washing Machine Base nicely done up

- Kitchen bottom cabinet base all nicely done up

- Old Air cons and Air con pipes, Old clothes rail, Curtains rail all removed

- Electrician 1st round for whole house rewiring done. Running of lighting points, install switches and some sockets. (very impressed by this electrician's working attitude and service. :good: will update more with pictures soon~)

- Air con pipes, stainless steel brackets, control wires, drainage line and condensing unit installations done.

- All Windows done

Will update with pictures soon.. :)

Edited by Nana Chan

Hi, only the basin, shower and washing machine pipes are changed as we're changing the location.. those big pvc pipes will be painted over. :)

Orh those sewage piping you didnt change out? Is advisable to change it. Just my 2 cents :)