Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ohinho

Renovation Budget And Timeline

Hi,

I have 614 sqf condo with 1 bed room, 1 study room, 1 bath room, open kitchen and living room, balconies.

How long does the renovation usually take, once I engage the company until completion?

How much budget should I consider in general?

I am planning to do following:

Overall

- repainting

Bedroom

- Adding some function to Bay Window space

- Add wardrobe

Study room

- Need to hack the wall, and re-design the room

Living room & open kitchen

- Add wall-bookshelf & wardrobe

- Maybe change some kitchen layouts

2x Balconies

- Add some wardrobe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I have 614 sqf condo with 1 bed room, 1 study room, 1 bath room, open kitchen and living room, balconies.

How long does the renovation usually take, once I engage the company until completion?

How much budget should I consider in general?

I am planning to do following:

Overall

- repainting

Bedroom

- Adding some function to Bay Window space

- Add wardrobe

Study room

- Need to hack the wall, and re-design the room

Living room & open kitchen

- Add wall-bookshelf & wardrobe

- Maybe change some kitchen layouts

2x Balconies

- Add some wardrobe

I think its a bit hard to be sure of the pricing, but a reno like this may easily cost 30-40k, taking maybe 6-7 weeks. But also might need to confirm the details with a contractor/designer.

Last time I did a reno with this designer and he gave some pretty good advice. You can try calling him and talking to him about it. His number is 8330 xxxx.

Hi Ohinho,

Here are some suggestions based upon my past experiences with various interior designers and contractors:

Painting - approx 1-1.5k Max

Depends largely on the type of paint you select as well as the number of colours. I have met unethical renovators whom mix cheap paint with quality paint to in order to lower their material cost. Gotta me a little cautious on this part.

Wardrobes and Bookshelves - approx 10-13k (just a guess)

Most carpenters charge by per foot run. So it would be better to measure and provide (at the very least) the width of the intended space which your wardrobe will be situated.

You will have to provision for additional charges for things like sliding door with glass.. Drawers .. Things like that.

Wall Hacking - approx 1-1.2k

Renovators usually have a minimum charge to perform hacking work. If the surface area is small, you would probably be paying a minimum of $600.

Lastly, as you are staying in a condominium you can expect an additional mark-uo of 20-30% (as compared to a HDB) as condo management usually requires renovators to perform additional legwork and administrative tasks to comply with their building regulations.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to share some contacts with you.

Cheers!

hi. for renovation period, can take at least 1 or 2 month times. is need to hurry, contractor may want u to pay more to rush for u.

for budget it can take about 10k or higher, depend on the material u choose to use. if on budget, try to use those material that are cheaper.

if u need, i can recommend my contractor to u, he has about 25-30 employees, so if u need to hurry, he will be the correct person to look for. more worker do faster.

pm me if u need his contract.