Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Hi, I am very inspired to buy things from TB after reading and seeing your purchases. Did you buy directly or use service like 65daigou?

Some buy directly, or simply, if you are buying a lot, it is better to buy directly and use a forwarder to consolidate all in forwarder's China warehouse.

Once ready, then ship all to Singapore. I rem 65daigou charges base on per item plus shipping which will add up the cost and defeats the purpose of Taobao.

Myself used Amcon as the forwarder. A local company with arms in China.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yest evening we had our white kitchen backsplash up, now our kitchen is completed!!

Backsplash for the cooking area will make it easier to clean:

20150623_1_zpsjvntwawu.jpg

1/2 height backsplash for the other side to add some dimension to the otherwise plain-looking tiled wall:

20150623_2_zpszthdz9rg.jpg

We requested for white to match our B&W kitchen. Very pleased with how it turned out :)

Can you share what's the cost (pfr?) for the glass backsplash? Is this crystal white glass? Would appreciate if you can PM me the contact too. TQ

I hope it isn't tiles, otherwise I'll have to stick some decals or something. Dun think I have the money to hack. Already thinking of doing decal for my bedroom door and also on the living room wall. any good custom decal company to intro?

Hi kyooko,

So far I didn;t venture into decals sorry I don't have any contacts for that. I'm not sure what kind of decals you are looking at, but I think should be able to find some on taobao? I had a look & seems this shop sells quite alot, you might like to take a look?

http://moli99.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.w5001-1823243457.2.hEKLlD&scene=taobao_shop

Hi, I am very inspired to buy things from TB after reading and seeing your purchases. Did you buy directly or use service like 65daigou?

Some buy directly, or simply, if you are buying a lot, it is better to buy directly and use a forwarder to consolidate all in forwarder's China warehouse.

Once ready, then ship all to Singapore. I rem 65daigou charges base on per item plus shipping which will add up the cost and defeats the purpose of Taobao.

Myself used Amcon as the forwarder. A local company with arms in China.

Hi Mitty & OceanEleven,

Taobao is SUPER addictive! Guarantee once you start, you can't stop.. hehe.

Depending on what I buy, I use different forwarders.

Taobao small items like clothing, jewelry, home accessories, kitchen goods, toys, etc:

Ship using Taobao's own forwarder 4PX.

Taobao big items like lighting, furniture, rainshower,dangerous goods like bulbs etc:

Ship sea freight using Amcon,

Other China goods like H&M China, Forever21, etc:

Ship using 65daigou's airmail or seamail service.

Amazon USA items:

Ship using their free service if spend above US$125

Amaozn USA (if no free service), Forever21, H&M US & all other US online sites:

Ship using 65daigou or VPost USA/.

Note that other than 4PX (charge using actual weight) & Amcon (charge according to cubic metre): the others charge according to actual OR volumetric weight, whichever is higher. So services like 65daigou & VPost, the shipping can go up quite high, depending on how the vendors package the goods.

Can you share what's the cost (pfr?) for the glass backsplash? Is this crystal white glass? Would appreciate if you can PM me the contact too. TQ

Hi Khng, the glass backsplash is $17psf. It is crystal white glass. It is purely white with no greenish tint. I specified white as I need to match my black & (mainly) white kitchen. Have PM-ed you the contact.

Nowadays our fave activity is to pop by our new home so we went by after work again yesterday. The painters had plastered & touched up so the place is looking even better than usual^^

Finally we get to unwrap our new bed & mattress & set them up! We didn't buy any pillows yet, the bed is looking somewhat naked so I put 2 Kitty cushions (from our living room sofa) on it. Don't they look comfy there..hehe

20150624_2_zpsc9hyrokb.jpg

This shot is taken with just lighting from WIW. Good to know that on days should hubby need to get ready for work, I won't be disturbed from my sleep since the light spillover is minimal.

20150624_1_zpsqfbfsvum.jpg

Time for a little romantic cosy corner highlight! Following shots taken with just bedside lamps on.

20150624_3_zpsgmtosovj.jpg

Taken from window, foot of bed.

20150624_4_zpsuzma6smr.jpg

1/2 sleeping space + 1/2 wardrobe space makes up our MBR!

20150624_5_zpsenkndbut.jpg

I know I have said it many times, but I like the concept & colour scheme of your MBR most! I wld however need a 5-room MBR size (slightly bigger) as my hubby & my clothes & bags wld never be able to fit into ur WIW space :P

Nowadays our fave activity is to pop by our new home so we went by after work again yesterday. The painters had plastered & touched up so the place is looking even better than usual^^

Finally we get to unwrap our new bed & mattress & set them up! We didn't buy any pillows yet, the bed is looking somewhat naked so I put 2 Kitty cushions (from our living room sofa) on it. Don't they look comfy there..hehe

20150624_2_zpsc9hyrokb.jpg

This shot is taken with just lighting from WIW. Good to know that on days should hubby need to get ready for work, I won't be disturbed from my sleep since the light spillover is minimal.

Time for a little romantic cosy corner highlight! Following shots taken with just bedside lamps on.

20150624_3_zpsgmtosovj.jpg

20150624_4_zpsuzma6smr.jpg

20150624_5_zpsenkndbut.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Nice clean look! :good:

Had a simlar concept at my old place. What you have all at one glance.

Downside is collect dust and various sizes and color of hangers plus clothings may make it look a little congested.

I doubt the this WIW is sufficient for both, just the Missus alone will fill it up with excess. :bleah:

My place current has a 18 feet wardrobe and is filled up, spilling over to another room.

I know I have said it many times, but I like the concept & colour scheme of your MBR most! I wld however need a 5-room MBR size (slightly bigger) as my hubby & my clothes & bags wld never be able to fit into ur WIW space :P

Nice clean look! :good:

Had a simlar concept at my old place. What you have all at one glance.

Downside is collect dust and various sizes and color of hangers plus clothings may make it look a little congested.

I doubt the this WIW is sufficient for both, just the Missus alone will fill it up with excess. :bleah:

My place current has a 18 feet wardrobe and is filled up, spilling over to another room.

Thanks! I love the color scheme too. Was inspired by this pic I happened upon online one day & the paint color was MAJOR LOVE at first sight!

20150625_1_zpsnq0advea.jpg

Would have bought it immediately if not for the fact that it was only available in Denmark. I tried my best to match the color though, so still happy with it in the end.

Ahh... the clothes issue. We can never have too many clothes, hehe. Did consider before to use 1 of the bedrooms to make a bigger WIW, However, I think my love for toys far outweigh my love for clothing, so much so that I think I can live with having lesser clothes (& subsequently clothing space) if it means both my hubby & I can have our own toyrooms, so we scrapped the idea.

Having such a wardrobe would definitely "force" us to be less lazy & tidy it more often?

Some things we can consider to make it look nicer:

1) to use only the same hangers throughout.

2) to organize clothing according to color.

Just to add on, any intention of adding bedside table?

Should need them for I see plug beside, may need for placing handphone, air diffuser etc.

Bedside table is still in consideration, as we only have 40cm space on each side, so we would need tiny tables (if we can find them).

Else, we are thinking of getting a simple bench & putting it at the foot of the bed to hold stuff like our iPhones & iPads & mugs of hot choc^^

Yet another weekend has passed! Last Fri, we headed to the Taka sale & we were happy to make off with some needed purchases.

Bought new feather pillows to complete our bed:

20150629_1_zpshlvry1vi.jpg

& a Zojirushi electric air pot as well as a set of WMF saucepan & pots (not pictured). Been looking around for a nice-sized one to fit our kitchen. Glad that this one has the required functions & priced reasonably too.

20150629_1a_zpss1v1pf5m.jpg

Bought a lovely Kitty plate & bowl from the Luminarc range at 20 + 10% off. Been eyeing this for a while so was really happy to get them. My only Hello Kitty purchases during the sale. Spent all my time in Taka walking around in the homeware section instead of going to the toy section like I usually do. I am a changed person now with new priorites haha.

20150629_10_zpsewwgyaxl.jpg

On Sat, we had our first delivery from NTUC! Essential goodies filling up our entrance. We have oil now! We can finally start cooking our own meals instead of ordering fastfood all the time! *happy* Hubby was the one who did the ordering. Apparently beer is conisdered an essential.. LOL

20150629_4_zps1up8wcr3.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Home decor stuff continues..

Added a B&W Kitty cushion (from F21) to match our living room. The mini pink bolster Kitty next to it hides a lap blanket (ssential in case the aircon gets too cold):

20150629_3_zpsqna1uyyr.jpg

Hung up the black Kitty apron that matches our kitchen:

20150629_5_zpsid5r3qyp.jpg

New flower plantpots for hubby & me:

20150629_2_zpsetkc1sh3.jpg

Hubby's toys decorating his sofa:

20150629_8_zpskhdi0r6c.jpg

Playing around with the decor arrangement at my cabinet below the window. Looks like it is designated as a beauty counter now with all my kitty perfumes, handcream, lip balms & jaccessories placed there.

20150629_7_zpsycf8nawz.jpg

Finally brought my princess home! A wedding gift from my hubby. Isn't she gorgeous?

20150629_6_zpswhtz3gcs.jpg

Simple breakfast made by hubby with the toaster he bought. Now I can have all the toast I want!

20150629_9_zpsloohu8nx.jpg