Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Hi chiffon!

I think I'm gonna like ur MBR! The way u partition it with black glass panels *thumbs up* But seriously, is there sufficient walking space at the sleeping area?

Like the corner you have hacked through thru ur BR3 too! Unique idea! Will it be framed with black aluminium frames? Or it will be ur toy display room? :P

Btw, can u share the link for your Laundry bag & wall art posters of the shoes, purse perfumes designs?

Thank u! :)

Some updates on the progress.

Taobao stuff arrived:

gallery_66449_747_20111.jpg

Running black conduits:

gallery_66449_747_63453.jpg

Aircon installed:

gallery_66449_747_58439.jpg

Hollow space patched up:

gallery_66449_747_3799.jpg

MBR partition up:

gallery_66449_747_17977.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi chiffon!

I think I'm gonna like ur MBR! The way u partition it with black glass panels *thumbs up* But seriously, is there sufficient walking space at the sleeping area?

Like the corner you have hacked through thru ur BR3 too! Unique idea! Will it be framed with black aluminium frames? Or it will be ur toy display room? :P

Btw, can u share the link for your Laundry bag & wall art posters of the shoes, purse perfumes designs?

Thank u! :)

Hi CountryGlow,

Thanks! The sleeping area will only have a bed with a small bedside table, probably just enough space to walk in. We'll have to make do cos the MBR is really small & we do not want to hack into the other room.

The other corner I hacked will have a white-framed window that looks into my toy room. I'm thinking to style it like a boutique. The type where you look in a shop window & see lots of stuff displayed everywhere. I have always wanted my own "boutique" so it will be like a dream come true^^

Here are the links:

Laundry bag:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.73.SYGShT&id=39404618217&ns=1&_u=d1taaa02b2a6&abbucket=14#detail

Art posters of shoes, purse & perfume:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.135.AuuYEu&id=35302053670&_u=d1taaa021d38

WOW! Camping in to see your boutique! ! :good:

Looking at the TB decor items, you really like cutsy stuff and an absolute Hello Kitty Fan! ! Hehe!

Thanks for sharing the links! Thinking how can I (force) fit the pretty art posters in my room too..LOL

Hi CountryGlow,

Thanks! The sleeping area will only have a bed with a small bedside table, probably just enough space to walk in. We'll have to make do cos the MBR is really small & we do not want to hack into the other room.

The other corner I hacked will have a white-framed window that looks into my toy room. I'm thinking to style it like a boutique. The type where you look in a shop window & see lots of stuff displayed everywhere. I have always wanted my own "boutique" so it will be like a dream come true^^

Here are the links:

Laundry bag:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.73.SYGShT&id=39404618217&ns=1&_u=d1taaa02b2a6&abbucket=14#detail

Art posters of shoes, purse & perfume:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.135.AuuYEu&id=35302053670&_u=d1taaa021d38

WOW! Camping in to see your boutique! ! :good:

Looking at the TB decor items, you really like cutsy stuff and an absolute Hello Kitty Fan! ! Hehe!

Thanks for sharing the links! Thinking how can I (force) fit the pretty art posters in my room too..LOL

Thanks! Yes, I'm an ardent fan of Hello Kitty^^

I've been reading your blog, your house is very nicely done up in soft sweet colors, especially your WIW, with the Laura Ashley feel. Did you know that there is a Laura Ashley Kitty too? Hehe

I bought the art posters but I have no idea where they will go yet.. Maybe they will work if you hang them near a vanity paired with a vase of flowers?

Are you serious? Laura Ashley Kitty? :jawdrop: I know Hello Kitty is British but with Laura Ashley? Interesting... :seeya:

Haha! I would wish to hang the art posters in my WIW but with the wallpaper, wld be an overkill of decor. Let me think hardER! :lol:

Yes, recently Sanrio collaborated with Laura Ashley for this collection. It is all in soft pink featuring roses. very tempting indeed!

20150514%201_zpsopwpzqni.jpg

So far I only purchased a tiny plush & 2 files. trying very hard to resist the rest of them..

20150514%202_zpssftrdftc.jpg

I know what you mean. The art posters would stand out more on a plain wall as compared to a patterned wall.

Edited by chiffon

After purchasing the essential stuff, next up is the decor stuff. I am a person who cannot resist pretty /cute stuff (especially when they are cheap or on sale) so I may have ended up purchasing more of what I actually needed. I have no idea where I'm going to place them yet..

Decor stuff: Clocks, various knick-knacks

gallery_66449_747_14204.jpg

Hi, could I have the apple and chestnut decor and Apple vase's link, please? Thanks.

More (pink) stuff that I purchased for our new home. Lots of macarons for decor, hehe.

20150515%201_zpst19fte2s.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Carpentry has been delayed due to the laminate we chose being out of stock. Is expected to be up in another 2-3 days' time, so we will look forward to i\t!

Our sink, hob, hood, tap, oven & fans arrived:

20150518%201_zpsowewan7x.jpg

Sink & tap installed:

20150518%202_zpspvxb5zd4.jpg

Did anyone go to the Philips carnival sale? Finally went yesterday. Was about to go on Sat afternoon when we got a call for our TV delivery so that changed our plans last min. The weather was such a scorcher, we were glad to get out of there fast. Here are our sale purchases for the new home: induction cooker, pressure cooker, vaccum cleaner, steam iron,& juicer.

20150518%203_zps1vaissm4.jpg

Oh, and our MBR partition was up too. Pretty happy with it as it is what we wanted:

20150518%204_zps4hndl4o5.jpeg

Edited by chiffon

OMG I think I found a friend who is a fan of pink! (but yours is so extreme! LOL)

Love your pink items and macarons display! But where are you gonna display them? Your 'glass boutique'? So interesting! I simply love decor and display items! Have loaded more of such in my TB shopping cart but I'm having 2nd thoughts now - Will I be so diligent to dust/clean them often? Kinda worried that they are gonna invite and contain dust at my extend of laziness to the word H.O.U.S.E.H.O.L.D.C.H.O.R.E.S :sport-smiley-018::bleah:

Oh BTW - I saw these Hello Kitty art posters from the link you shared with me! Not sure if you saw them and are interested? :P

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-182724607.14.9VlUH1&id=20839507283

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-182724607.2.9VlUH1&id=16229553818

More (pink) stuff that I purchased for our new home. Lots of macarons for decor, hehe.

gallery_66449_747_41221.jpg

Look like the design you found on Pin! :good::good: :good: :good:

NOW! Your glass panel partition makes me wanna redo my master bedroom too! LOL.

And shucks! I forgot all about the Philips Carnival sale :wacko:

Did anyone go to the Philips carnival sale? Finally went yesterday. Was about to go on Sat afternoon when we got a call for our TV delivery so that changed our plans last min. The weather was such a scorcher, we were glad to get out of there fast. Here are our sale purchases for the new home: induction cooker, pressure cooker, vaccum cleaner, steam iron,& juicer.

gallery_66449_747_64476.jpg

Oh, and our MBR partition was up too. Pretty happy with it as it is what we wanted:

gallery_66449_747_45922.jpeg

Edited by CountryGlow

OMG I think I found a friend who is a fan of pink! (but yours is so extreme! LOL)

Love your pink items and macarons display! But where are you gonna display them? Your 'glass boutique'? So interesting! I simply love decor and display items! Have loaded more of such in my TB shopping cart but I'm having 2nd thoughts now - Will I be so diligent to dust/clean them often? Kinda worried that they are gonna invite and contain dust at my extend of laziness to the word H.O.U.S.E.H.O.L.D.C.H.O.R.E.S :sport-smiley-018::bleah:

Oh BTW - I saw these Hello Kitty art posters from the link you shared with me! Not sure if you saw them and are interested? :P

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-182724607.14.9VlUH1&id=20839507283

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-182724607.2.9VlUH1&id=16229553818

Hehe, I really like pink, all shades of pink. I had such a hard time trying to decide on a color for my toyroom & MBR cos all the pinks look so nice!!

Everything I bought will most likely be in my toyroom aka boutique. I love decor & display items too! That is why I'm always buying them, I just cannot resist them. I will just buy first & worry about the dust part later.

Thanks for the links! I won't be getting them though, cos I already decided to frame up 2 of my Kitty hankies for the room. I have bought the frames from taobao. Will update again when they are done^^

Look like the design you found on Pin! :good::good: :good: :good:

NOW! Your glass panel partition makes me wanna redo my master bedroom too! LOL.

And shucks! I forgot all about the Philips Carnival sale :wacko:

Thanks! Your compliment makes me feel so happy! Hubby wasn't too keen on the idea in the beginning, as we weren't sure how it was going to turn out, but he let me go ahead & take the risk. so I'm really glad that it turned out well.

I think with GSS coming up (or has it started already?), it's not too bad if you missed the Philips sale, cos there will still be lots of stuff with good discounts.