Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

My toyroom.

Billy bookcases along 1 wall:

20150530_7_zps3ulhzvs3.jpg

Liatorp sideboard under the window:

20150530_8_zpsfusoauvb.jpg

Kallax shelf at the other wall, PC desk in centre of window, coffee table yet to be shifted:

20150530_9_zpserqotfor.jpg

Glass display cabinets next to door:

20150530_10_zpsfizdfhw7.jpg

Overall look, view from doorway:

20150530_11_zpsvd9qs2qf.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi chiffon,

I really like ur MBR design.

Do you have the dimensions of the MBR partition, the walking space between the wall and the partition and the wardrobe space? Am worried if my room will be large enough.

Could you also share you id friend contact and breakdown of the quotation? My email is tan_ming_hao@hotmail.com

Many thanks!

Hi chiffon,

I really like ur MBR design.

Do you have the dimensions of the MBR partition, the walking space between the wall and the partition and the wardrobe space? Am worried if my room will be large enough.

Could you also share you id friend contact and breakdown of the quotation? My email is tan_ming_hao@hotmail.com

Many thanks!

Hi mntan,

Thanks! My partition is mainly 8cm wide & 150cm long. The space allocated for WIW is 160 x 150cm, which I am intending to do an L-shaped pole system. Hope this plan can give you a rough idea of the area. (Note: it is not drawn to scale) I have PM-ed you my friend's contact.

MBRplan_zpsoji54lei.jpg

Hi chiffon, i cannot wait to see the finished outcome with the furniture in the MBR and all. Do continue to update i will stay tuned! Thanks for the dimensions and contact.

Hi chiffon, i cannot wait to see the finished outcome with the furniture in the MBR and all. Do continue to update i will stay tuned! Thanks for the dimensions and contact.

Thanks! Will definitely update^^

Some minor updates:

Shoe cabinet is in! Can't wait to set up dining table & chairs for a cosy eating corner :)

20150604_1_zpswogkl1jc.jpg

Doors for kitchen cabinets are in as well:

20150604_2_zps1uskxcv1.jpg

Overall view of kitchen: alot of white with some black + glass

20150604_3_zpsqmyw5gig.jpg

Today was Ikea delivery & assembly round 2, so we made it early to our new home in the morning. While waiting, we fixed up the step stool that we got with our Ikea member points.

It's going to be used as a side table. Roses & pot from TB. Finally have the chance to dig out TB stuff from bomb shelter!

20150606_1_zpsrgpizi3y.jpg

Everything from TB too except wood box & glass candle from H&M:

20150606_2_zps6peb3uxk.jpg

TB decor again. Can you tell I love knick knacks? (especially diamond-shaped stuff, hehe)

20150606_3_zpsxmk1mehi.jpg

Glass boxes from H&M:

20150606_4_zpsc1v7rsfr.jpg

Hubby's sideboard in place. Simple sleek design. It's going to house all his game consoles.

20150606_5_zpsct2btzzx.jpg

Finally our shoe cabinet is completed today!

This was my initial design for it, and this is the completed look:

20150606_11_zpskxtjzbfd.jpg20150606_6_zpstmp37001.jpg

The top part using black brushed metal laminate to simulate the look of window panes, to let in the wind & light. Top open shelves so that it is functional as a display cabinet. Bottom as privacy divider. So happy to see it "come-to-life"! First thing that we will see when we come home everyday^^

Our living room & dining area is predominantly black & white with some touches of grey. Looks kind of monochromatic at the moment. Will try to add some color to it soon.

Shoe cabinet - view from kitchen. Love the coat stand we got from Ikea as it fits perfectly next to it. Just a DIY idea suggested by my ID friend: if I ever get tired of it as a coat stand, I can add some bulbs & convert it into a floor lamp. Great idea, isn't it? Some distance away you can see our TV console. However as it is too messy over there, I shall leave the photo for another day.

20150606_7_zpskyzaprs2.jpg

Shoe cabinet - view from dining area. It looks exactly the same front & back, except here, the doors are fake.

Assembled our dining table & chairs from TB. Purchased the same chair in 4 colors so as to play on the opaque & translucent tones. I really like how they look together^^

20150606_8_zpsjdesbe8o.jpg

Dining area - view from walkway. Very happy cos now it is really starting to feel like a home!

20150606_9_zpsex74300s.jpg

Weekends are now spent mostly at our new place, doing minor cleaning as we wait for pending stuff to be wrapped up.

Changed around the decor for the bar counter. Added an antique basket from Daiso & 2 glass bottles from H&M.

20150607_1_zpsex2gwv8x.jpg

Hello Kitty cup holder ready for use:

20150607_3_zpsbhjrd6vx.jpg

Love the tap that hubby picked out matched with my Kitty sponge holder:

20150607_2_zpsggah6pts.jpg

New tea for the home arrived from Japan. Love the cute tins!

20150607_4_zpsnsja2nkl.jpg

Tried out the dining lamp without the shade, think I prefer it this way:

20150607_6_zpsks54nylt.jpg

DB box outfitted with mirrors. Very convenient for that last-min check before leaving the house & also serves to brighten the space.

20150607_5_zps7vp7yrp9.jpg

Hi,

Can u share with me ur quote for ur living rm + bedrms floor tiling and whose ur id, is ur reno smooth sailing ?

Edited by bsxk

Hi,

Can u share with me ur quote for ur living rm + bedrms floor tiling and whose ur id, is ur reno smooth sailing ?

Hi bsxk,

I have PM-ed you our ID contact & tiling quote. As mentioned, our tiling is on the high side because we chose an Italian tile, but it is the best decision we ever made. We love love love our flooring! The look is classic & goes well with any type of theme, and the light color makes our tiny space look so much bigger. Our tiler did mention that this tile is not easy to work with though, cos it is made of a harder material than usual, so it is quite difficult when it comes to cutting it.

So far, other than a few minor hiccups, our reno is still going well.