Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yhuiwen

Sweet Home Reno Journey

After 6months of struggling, we manage to sell away the old unit and get a slightly bigger unit at the same area.

In order to save cost, we decided to "design" the unit by ourselves..... Everything start from scratch.... Luckily we manage to get contact with the contractor that help us to Reno our unit 10years back.... He provide a lot of ideas, suggestions and solutions.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yeah...finally I make it! This is my old unit....done by the same contractor.....

basically all in dark tone.....my ceiling was color in black before....

this time round we want all in bright tone :good:.... no more "black" or dark brown in our new house :sport-smiley-018:.

We like Scandinavian a lot. Most likely we will heading toward this theme, and there are a lot of reference in the Reno talk.

Floor plan

Floor plan of my new unit :help:,the room are so small nothing much I can do.

the study room was hacked by the previous owner, thus left three room and a huge living room. ;) My hubby want to hack away the wall between study room and balcony thus it made the living room even bigger now.

my contractor likes his idea, according to him the wall is blocking the natural light entering into the living room.
Edited by Yhuiwen

before and after hacking

wow..... they are fast..... floor hacked in one day.... second day on wall and clearing the debris :good:

Guess I should be able to see the floor partially ready by next week .... so looking forward. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Yhuiwen

we were very very busy last week, busy for the last min shopping, price comparison.....

choosing floor tile... wall tile... searching for kitchen sink , tap, hood and hob :help:

very very tired..

The final decision made after at least 7-8 visits to Hafary, i guess the lady can recognise us ... so pai seh :D

">http://http://s356.photobucket.com/user/yhuiwen/media/DSC_0121_zpsgb9snv5m.jpg.html'>DSC_0121_zpsgb9snv5m.jpg

We should be able to see my NEW common toilet , MBR toilet and Living room tomorrow... :thumbs up:

Looking forward..... :sport-smiley-004:

And we are suppose the pass our contractor the Kitchen sink, and measurement for cooker hood and hob... by last Friday but due to our busy schedule we havent get any of these items ready. :help:

Hmm.... sometime shopping can be very stressful task too..... :P

I feel very thankful and Pai Seh to our Super Contractor, for his kind understanding and "co-operative" :P . There are a few occasions that he had to meet up with us outside or in our new unit late evening just to update us the progress and also share with us his "precious opinion and suggestions"....

Edited by Yhuiwen

The wall tile for both toilets done ....my hubby regret taking the running tone wall tile for common toilet but I m alright with it.

DSC_0197_zpsj0t11hld.jpg

Kitchen wall tilling done....and according to my contractor they are preparing for the kitchen top so they need to collect my kitchen sink for more accurate measurement .

DSC_0198_zpsixbkena9.jpg