Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Just popping by to say hi, after your well-wish at mine! I really like the bottom half of your shortlisted bedframe, the wood bit, as well as the gray(?)wood table.

All the best!

Thanks for stopping by. Yep I love the bed frame unless I see something I really love it if not I will be settled with this one.

The greyish table is actually a coffee table with uneven distress wood.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yup that color wood from castlery range is very nice from table to console to bed frame and side tables too. :)

yep, I know you are eyeing it as well :)

I hope by the time I make up my mind and ready to buy they still have the collection that I like.

Decision Making - ID Confirmation

Finally sent out the thank you email to all the designer I met for the past 1 months and inform them that I am not going to engage their service (feel bad, as I know they did put in effort on the work)

Throughout the entire month of July, after meeting numbers of designer, which all of them presented me a good, creative and beautiful layout plan.

I finally made up my mind and decide to work with Artist Room.

The decision made are purely because the chemistry I have with them, and I really appreciate they actively listen to my needs and wants during the meeting.

And presented a layout plan which I think is going to be very functional for my day to day life and habits.

So now I am waiting for next meeting to see what mood they going to propose, I am so excited. (finger CROSS)

Edited by nextstep

Excited you mean ;)

Congrats and good choice of ID when it comes to space planning and design wise.

Their works are really good if you are open to hacking down all walls or as many as you can allow them to :)

Eagerly await your updates...

Excited you mean ;)

Congrats and good choice of ID when it comes to space planning and design wise.

Their works are really good if you are open to hacking down all walls or as many as you can allow them to :)

Eagerly await your updates...

haha, yes is excited!!!:P:P

Peiseh, "Ang Mo Bo Ho" do excuse my spelling and grammer error.

Yep they are good, but you always need to give them more times,

This is what I read of one of the blog here http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/52851-the-experience-our-first-home/so I am mentally prepare.

As I am not rushing to move in to the new unit, so I give them time to come out with plan, but this always means I need to pay a few more months of rent. :unsure::unsure:

Congrats on your ID choice! Looking forward to see your reno...

I didn't check out Artist Room during my ID search. It'll be refreshing to see the works of another ID...

Congrats on your ID choice! Looking forward to see your reno...

I didn't check out Artist Room during my ID search. It'll be refreshing to see the works of another ID...

Thank you thank you, yep I am looking forward whats the designer will come out with.

But need to wait for them now.

Yes..that's probably the only downside about them..but work of art worth waiting for?? :)

Guess it applies to you in this case.

Yep, for me it worth the wait.

But again have to see what will be the mood they come out with. But I have to say in terms of layout, they are the best among the designer I met.

From bro ZzzMonster know that your reno start tomorrow, happy for you and look forward more update from you ya.

Edited by nextstep

This weekend I finally made my 1st purchases. My ID call me up last week to make appointment with me so that I can go down Hangrohe with him.

Because this is the last week Hangrohe having their SG50 Promo.

Manage to get all the mixer and showers head that I need for the house.

This is what I got.

For MBR Shower

37__hpp93011_eps.jpg?3

18__hpa00686_tif.jpg?11

For MBR and Common Shower

37__hpa01119_tif.jpg?37

51r9WPnjIyL._SY355_.jpg

For Kitchen

37__hpa01217_tif.jpg?27

One down, more to come.

Going to meet my ID later this week, can't wait to see what design and theme they going to come out for the house.

Edited by nextstep

I finally confirm the layout plan and get my ID to submit application for reno permit.

At this moment we target to star work on the 14th Sept.

Now better go pray pray and wish this reno process smooth smooth.

Need some advice from all of you, my ID purpose to use Craft Bricks in my kitchen wall.

I do think it will looks good but I wonder can it take heat? Anyone have any experience on using Craft Bricks in the kitchen?

I finally confirm the layout plan and get my ID to submit application for reno permit.

At this moment we target to star work on the 14th Sept.

Now better go pray pray and wish this reno process smooth smooth.

Need some advice from all of you, my ID purpose to use Craft Bricks in my kitchen wall.

I do think it will looks good but I wonder can it take heat? Anyone have any experience on using Craft Bricks in the kitchen?

craftbricks as backsplash in the kitchen?

If you cook often, i think better not since the oil and dirt will stained the bricks. :dunno:

craftbricks as backsplash in the kitchen?

If you cook often, i think better not since the oil and dirt will stained the bricks. :dunno:

This is what I am thinking as well, but need to see do I have extra budget to get that wall done.

I don't think I will cook that much, even if I do most of the time I think I will use the oven.

But again cleaning is something that I am very lazy to do :P

Ya... craftbricks difficult to maintain in the kitchen...

Btw, what's your theme or design like?

Ya lor, so this is the last thing I think I will go for, but again I think I will like the effect of the wall in the kitchen.

My house don't really have a distinctive theme, is more of simple and clean look, if I get the 3D drawing or got more detail will share here.

The more it close to the reno date the more stress I am, just worry things won't turn out to what I am expecting. Haha.