Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmeeshell

Any Id/contractors To Recommend?

My BTO is due next year and I'm planning to start looking around for ID/contractors. I have about 80% of the design in mind already, so not sure whether to go for ID or contractors. Suggestions?

And does anyone have any good (and patient) contractors to recommend? I do need one that can do some basic design or suggestions (for the remaining 20%) and the 3D colored drawing for us to visualize. He also needs to help me coordinate with other works, like aircon and flooring.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

am currently using jimmy tan from 3D innovatiions for my new 5 room (DBSS). also got him from FB where there were many good comments about him. True enough, he turn out to be professional, friendly and helpful. you may wan to enquire a quote from him.

My BTO is due next year and I'm planning to start looking around for ID/contractors. I have about 80% of the design in mind already, so not sure whether to go for ID or contractors. Suggestions?

And does anyone have any good (and patient) contractors to recommend? I do need one that can do some basic design or suggestions (for the remaining 20%) and the 3D colored drawing for us to visualize. He also needs to help me coordinate with other works, like aircon and flooring.

Thanks!

Look for my friend Evelyn 8118xxxx.Maybe she can help you. Told her is Ker recommended. Thanks!

For carpentry works, can direct look for carpenter (direct factory price)

GoldPines located at Woodlands Industrial Park E5, can call Mr Barry 8322 xxxx :thumbs up:

hi,

I would like to share my experience with my ID as i had recently completed renovation for my 3 room resale HDB Unit. I would like to thank fellow forum user Zhiz who recommended me his ID in another thread he started.

I had met up with a total of 10+ ID and contractors. Most of the IDs are actually contractors and the worst is actually a group of graduate interiror designers i found online. They were late for more than half an hour, do not have the decency to call me and not a word of apology. They do not look like they have much experience and are totally unprofessional.

It was frustrating for me having met up with a handful of contractors and IDs where most simply do not make the cut and when i stumbled upon Zhiz's recommendation about his ID (Jessie) from Inside Living, i was pleasantly pleased when i met her. As opposed to the rest of the IDs who came in pairs or even more, she turned up alone armed with a measuring tape and floor plan. I have one ID who showed up forgetting the floor plan.

As the pre-mix cement rule kicked in somewhere in June, most of the IDs i saw employed the "scare" tatic to hurry me into signing the dotted line or risk forking out at least a thousand for the pre-mixed cement.

This ID is different and after reviewing the quotation, i had indicated that i am running a tight budget would like her help to cut out possible items to save on the cost. As the wet works/tiles and carpentary made up the bulk of the cost, she was able to offer me alternative solutions and I ended up not needing the pre-mix cement at all and I have dropped some of the items which did not affect the asthetic element as much like screeding of toilet wall and dropping the wall tiles and having wall tiles on my shower room only. I have come across more than one ID who suggested i take up renovation loans from the bank. This is a stark contrast to my ID who try to offer solutions and alternatives on what are the items that can be dropped to keep cost within control and budget.

While most people had concerns that a female ID may not have a good working relationship with the contractors, it was definitely not the case for her. As with any activity that requires coordination, occasional minor hiccups are expected but Jessie ensured that these were being fixed. I will not say the entire renovation is 100% flawless but the overall experience has been a positive one. She exhibited professionalism as evidenced by how she works;before renovations started, she gave my neighbours a heads up and even plastered her namecard should any of my neighbours require rectification works should their units be affected due to renovations carried out in my unit.

After my final inspection of the unit, i had requested for assistance to install things like doorbells, blinds etc and also some minor rectifications needed and she was responsive enough to see them through. I dare not say that she is the best but at least among those whom i met, i can certainly attest that she is the best choice I had made.

One word of caution, as she may be handling multiple projects, she may not be immediately responsive. I communicated with her using whatsapp most of the time and i will call her only when it is urgent and requires immediate attention. Other times, i will simply wait for her to respond later.

I was glad i found an ID through this forum and i am happy with the renovation and i will be glad to share her contact.