Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

IMG_0154_zpsn6g4lhzr.jpg

The gap I meant is highlighted in my "ugly drawing" as shown :).

Its mainly being able to flush the ends to the walls and not leaving a gap to be seen. But if HDB walls are slanted on the sides then when you place a factory manufactured cabinet with straight lines against a slanted wall you will see a gap due to the uneven surface.

Hope this helps :)

Ahhhhh thank you! That sheds a LOT of light actually.

They are coming for site measurement on Saturday, so I'm waiting to see what they say.

Thank you! :sport-smiley-018:

your 3 room looks huge! is it really 65sqm? mine's only 3150 for living room, 6700 in length and kitchen+yard is 3700. i probably have bigger toilets than yours but i would rather not if i have a choice :(

Yes! It is. My living room is shorter than yours, mine is only about 5.2m in length (actual size when we measure without the walls), and 3.18m wide. So I think it's probably smaller than yours? The actual measurements is quite different (since there are the walls) and the living room is quite "short" on first look, but I think it sorta grew on me...

After measuring and everything it's more than enough for all the furniture I wanted, so I think yours will be even better! :)

My kitchen + yard is 4.02m, so slightly longer on the long side, but the short side is only 2.9m (service + yard). I gave up the hacking of the kitchen/SY wall because I wanted to keep the divide.

I think people underestimate the 3R, but it really is petite sized la... Haha!

Also, maybe your bedrooms are bigger? :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just signed the contract + paid deposit with our contractor today!

Going to choose tiles on Friday, then it's gonna be pretty quick from then!!

NEED TO PLACE THAT TAOBAO ORDER NOW!!!:jawdrop:

Taobao Purchases

Bidet Spray x 2

TB2siw3cVXXXXXMXXXXXXXXXXXX-2455217622.j

Hansgrohe Shower Set (with sink tap)

TB2DUvXdXXXXXXZXpXXXXXXXXXX-1065497361.j

Hansgrohe Tap (same as above, for the other toilet)

TB2PcxHfXXXXXXxXpXXXXXXXXXX-1081950379.j

Hansgrohe Rainshower Set

TB2Oz8ufXXXXXauXpXXXXXXXXXX-278702629.pn

Gold Kitchen Faucet (trying this one out)

T2zSiIXi4cXXXXXXXX_!!1657540924.jpg

looks great.. can't wait for your updates on your beautiful home.

Taobao Purchases (contd)

Hansgrohe Accessories (not sure authentic or not)

TB2BWP3dXXXXXXOXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1073767381

TB2BefZdXXXXXbeXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1073767381

TB2KbQhdXXXXXX0XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1073767381

Hi babe, popped over to your tblog after I saw your comment on mine! Your writing style makes for really easy + enjoyable reading :) methinks your home will turn out beauutiful!

P.S Thanks for comforting me on my false ceiling haha <3

looks great.. can't wait for your updates on your beautiful home.

Thanks! Can't wait to share. We're starting works on Monday!

Hi babe, popped over to your tblog after I saw your comment on mine! Your writing style makes for really easy + enjoyable reading :) methinks your home will turn out beauutiful!

P.S Thanks for comforting me on my false ceiling haha <3

Thanks!! Yours too!! :dancingqueen::thumbs up:

BATHTUB!

LARGE.jpg

We found a steel-enamel tub for 50% off at $250! :thumbs up: Not suuuuuper cheap but a good price nonetheless. So fast hand fast leg hooted it. It will be delivered on Saturday. Hehe! So excited!

TILES

We went to Hafary today and picked a total of 4 tiles!

Forgot to take proper pics of them :bleah:

For our Living, we decided to follow the Pinterest pictures and went for a cozy, darker-toned wood tile.

445_2876.jpg

Looks like this, code is E615099

Walkway and rooms

Even though I wasn't a fan of light colored wood (a bit too Scandinavian), we found a modern classic bedroom picture that used light grey wooden tiles. So we went for this one. At first, our contractor didn't recommend the walkway to be different tiles as the LR, but my hubby insisted on it cus he wanted a clear demarcation of "zones". We will also have a baby gate at the walkway to prevent the bunnies from going into the rooms or toilets. So I hope this turns out well! :dunno:

Something like this:

435_2817.jpg

code is XWS6041

For our MBR toilet, we decided to go with my favorite marble-esque tiles for one wall, and light grey for the floor!

144_2546.jpg

Can't find the exact one for this... It's the lighter color below and rough surface. RV6301R

3_62.jpg

Light streaks but slightly more streaks than this! HAHA. Code 36021 for this!

SUPER excited today even though was stressed during tile choosing, cus so many decisions but we went with the not-so-safe option but followed Pinterest... Hopefully it will turn out right!

:sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

Tile choosing is reeally fun, and your choices look interestingly good! Grey turns out pretty, somehow :) My hubs was also the one who was very clear about what he wanted re tiling, too; maybe it's a guy brain thing? So exciting, things are going to take shape real soon!

Chose the dark wooden color even though my hubby didn't understand it.. I was afraid a polished tile would take away the "cozy" feel and make it too sterile. These were the two photos I used to convince him. Can see the style forming more and more now! Modern classic :jammin:

80bd07f5e69d43bcdeff5c5948676abe.jpg

973b2d985016.jpg

The contrast with the grey walls and white skirting (yes, we actually bought WHITE tiles for white skirting!!) :jawdrop:

f807d714e4d6461e379f6345a72c664b.jpg

Love how with the dark floors and bright walls -- the choices are limitless for furniture!!

253e6d4bb5ad619ccd3dc98c116a7966.jpg

This inspired our bedroom floors. This floor is a bit too Scandinavian for my liking, but I think with a bit of tweaks, can be made into modern classic too!

Hopefully it won't turn out disastrous!! I always say, the plans in my head are either heading for total failure or total success. :sport-smiley-003:

Tile choosing is reeally fun, and your choices look interestingly good! Grey turns out pretty, somehow :) My hubs was also the one who was very clear about what he wanted re tiling, too; maybe it's a guy brain thing? So exciting, things are going to take shape real soon!

Hahaha!! Not so fun for me, very stressful. But of course, hopefully the "feeling" will come out.

He only had an opinion on the divide thing (divide the tiles during walkway or in the rooms only) haha. :bleah:

But glad he made that decision!

Yep, bathtub is being delivered tomorrow and aircon on Monday.. Everything will be fast and furious from there! :sport-smiley-018:

Can la can la, you articulated your ideas clearly. And glad he's supportive! Mine says he's here to refine (read: shoot) my suggestions cuz they're often too fantastic :bleah:. Your carpentry and laminates also finalised already?

Can la can la, you articulated your ideas clearly. And glad he's supportive! Mine says he's here to refine (read: shoot) my suggestions cuz they're often too fantastic :bleah:. Your carpentry and laminates also finalised already?

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: Why he so mean hahaha

I have no carpentry with my contractor as of now. All movable furniture because I am a perpetual designer (ie 职业病)

Kitchen we're still undecided on going with IKEA or Edmund. Waiting to hear from IKEA today if can finalize by this weekend, that'll be great. :)

MISCELLANEOUS:

Decided to start a miscellaneous post because... I realized today that I will probably be buying a lot of things that I *should* only buy after I move in. 8|

Nonetheless, good deals must snatch, right? HAHA!

Saw a good deal on English porcelain-ware and my highly-coveted gold cutlery (these were MIJ, and is a nice surprise!). Even though I have a set of perfectly good WMF cutlery, my hubby told me the contrast with the porcelain-ware was so beautiful, he let me get them. And they are in theme as well, ma, right? :notti:

1054axl.jpg

Swee boh?! I think I am the only one who's excited about kitchenware... :D