Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yeah, that's what my contractor tells me too!

It comes in one piece so I can always place it somewhere to see if it works first before really securing it in.

I get the hit or miss though, so far the faux fireplaces haven't been amazing in local houses. Am hoping the LED fire helps my endeavor...

Am just following a few pics on Pinterest and hoping it works well. Lol. My hubby say, even Scandinavian in HDB was pioneered by one person before it spread like wildfire right... So he say we see nice can already. :P

But I hope so...

Actually if i am ever going to put a faux fireplace, i would get the contractor to erect one up using bricks. Sometimes it's the raw-ness of the whole piece that churns out reality from the "faux" element. Not to mention, overly refined textures are the give away. For me I would create a "real" fireplace which is no longer in use, rather than one in immaculate condition. Something for you to ponder.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Actually you just need the overall impression. leave the delicate details alone they come in later. when i did my own ID for my 3 room flat, i showed the contractor all the sketches and i realize words left too much for interpretation. The other impt crucial detail is colour, which i am sure you can see in your own vision.

Yeah I showed my contractor all my sketches. They are all done in pencil only though. LOL.

The color part I agree, I have my vision with about 80% of it, but as you said let the details come in later so I guess I'll supplement colors with decor.

Crossing my fingers and toes it works out... To a certain extent! :P

Actually if i am ever going to put a faux fireplace, i would get the contractor to erect one up using bricks. Sometimes it's the raw-ness of the whole piece that churns out reality from the "faux" element. Not to mention, overly refined textures are the give away. For me I would create a "real" fireplace which is no longer in use, rather than one in immaculate condition. Something for you to ponder.

Bah. I get what you're saying but I'm not into the raw look. Lol! That's why my theme slowly floated into modern classic I guess.

But you're right... A lot of it are because the character is not there due to the age of the items. Something to ponder. :P

Asking my contractor to construct one though, IMO, is an even greater risk since he doesn't really want this challenge (lol), and it's gonna cost me at least 50% more or even double the cost of what I'm paying right now.

So I guess it's a balance. Trial and error!

Bah. I get what you're saying but I'm not into the raw look. Lol! That's why my theme slowly floated into modern classic I guess.

But you're right... A lot of it are because the character is not there due to the age of the items. Something to ponder. :P

Asking my contractor to construct one though, IMO, is an even greater risk since he doesn't really want this challenge (lol), and it's gonna cost me at least 50% more or even double the cost of what I'm paying right now.

So I guess it's a balance. Trial and error!

OK wise decision given the circumstances. All the best in your adventure. Creating something different is always challenging but in the end, you stand before your apartment, and the smile is the best pay off.

OK wise decision given the circumstances. All the best in your adventure. Creating something different is always challenging but in the end, you stand before your apartment, and the smile is the best pay off.

Haha thanks! Hopefully it'll turn out well. Took the chance to go back to the drawing board and found two similar styles and sizes with relatively new fireplaces.

2u7sq38.jpg

2dgjh1w.jpg

Just for sharing, most people from the west, they placed their tv above the fireplace because most of the time, they will be entertaining their guest (standing up) and they are not like us asian in which we really like watching drama and tv.

At that height, it will be uncomfortable if you sitting at the sofa watching tv for a long time :)

Just for sharing, most people from the west, they placed their tv above the fireplace because most of the time, they will be entertaining their guest (standing up) and they are not like us asian in which we really like watching drama and tv.

At that height, it will be uncomfortable if you sitting at the sofa watching tv for a long time :)

This I really considered. Lol.

My fireplace is 80cm tall instead of a full fireplace, which is the same height as the console table I wanted to buy as a tv console.

Hubby and I don't like low tv consoles. So still not that bad for this.

80cm is ok then haha. Thought from the first pic the fireplace at least 1.2m haha

Haha yep agree theirs very tall dk how they watch sitting down.

Night shift ah? Haha! Go home sleep loh.

They nornally stand up de. Westerner dont really siao tv de..they put tv for nice only.. only we asian siao tv and movie. Thats why their box office only asian better results lol

They nornally stand up de. Westerner dont really siao tv de..they put tv for nice only.. only we asian siao tv and movie. Thats why their box office only asian better results lol

Haha no leh my American clients also very Netflix and Hulu siao one. :P

Maybe not so much for Europeans.

Ey babe I was just chatting with a girlfriend today, and she showed me her SOB kitchen which she plans to hack

2f18a0a9-1797-4ed7-aee2-b687d33784f31.jp

Do the lower cabinets look like what you want?

Edited by Peachydurians

Haha no leh my American clients also very Netflix and Hulu siao one. :P

Maybe not so much for Europeans.

The newer generation yes, i refering to my age group and above ang mo :)

Ey babe I was just chatting with a girlfriend today, and she showed me her SOB kitchen which she plans to hack

2f18a0a9-1797-4ed7-aee2-b687d33784f31.jp

Do the lower cabinets look like what you want?

She want nicer de haha, gold handle (if she got the money, she sure use pure gold handle) :P

Hi Bykaraanne,

May I have the link for the philips LED strips and driver/converter that you bought?

Thank you!

TAOBAO SHOPPING (MORE!):

Ceiling Medallion

I finally caved and got a ceiling medallion! Asked my contractor and he said he would be able to install it for me. So I'm a happy girl! This cost like $20+ so no big loss even if it doesn't turn out that nice. Just more accents for my living room!

TB2.PSXapXXXXXWXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!644197658.

Philips LED Light Strip

Edmund encouraged me to have countertop lighting, so I ordered 5m of Philips lights from TB! More than half off Singapore, as per my dad's "research" when he went to Mustafa. So I reckon I got a good deal!

TB28xk1XVXXXXbPXXXXXXXXXXXX-748390603.jp

Digital Peephole Viewer

For safety purposes. All-in-one CCTV / Doorbell / Peephole solution. Though we will buy another doorbell for the one that's connected outside, because I don't think anyone would think to press the doorbell through the gate.

TB2quNGdVXXXXbiXXXXXXXXXXXX-799565881.jp

Also got some HEPA Filters for my Panasonic air purifier, since it's light and I can ship it together, and some bicycle digit locks for my dad (they were on SUPER sale). A last shipment of decorative elements and carpets for the entire home to come later since my renovation is delayed, so I will order that later in October.