Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm ok to discuss here since you are ok...

A few things I like about her ideas and design sense are:

1. Stucco wall - although I read a lot of t-blogs, I didn't know of such thing until she introduced this to me. Because I told her I don't want wall paper because of maintenance over the years, she suggested using stucco wall. When she showed me some pics of it, I like it but its quite ex...

2. She shared with me the concept of space. I converted 1 room into wardrobe and study. Initially, I wanted to use all the available wall space for carpentry but she explained to me about the room being too cluttered. And when the 3D came out, her point was proven.

3. She's the only ID that suggested to place my study table facing the window (my window is full length). Her idea of how the study table should touch the window, leaving a gap for curtain/blind to drop in and if something (eg a pen) drop in between the table and window, it can still be retrieved... this impressed me as no other IDs suggested this to me. Fyi, I met up with about 16 IDs.

4. TV console in the bedroom - she proposed to do a vertical console at the corner rather than the usual horizontal one so as not to take up walking space.

5. She also proposed some ideas in the yard area like hacking half the toilet wall and connect to the cabinet I plan to build outside the toilet. But in the end, I decide not to do any hacking. Because I'm not using the toilet, I dismantle the toilet bowl and put my washing machine there instead.

Not sure if this is useful. If you have anything particular, let me know. See if we have discuss about it...

Yes the points you raised are very much experienced by us as well. Like how we would mention the new MBR study will have no space for any cabinet or book shelf once the table goes in but she carved something out of nowhere without affecting the overall space itself.

In ID the one thing special at times separating one from another is flair and I guess since you mentioned you met 16 ID before deciding on her makes me feel I've indeed arrived at the right decision :)

She give the opportunity her all I guess that would be something you could agree even when she knows she not confirm on getting the job you can see her playing 100%. Which is a plus to see.

Any 3D designs yet for your work? Our final ones after revisions are not out yet.

Yes, indeed she has the flair. And unlike some IDs, she is open to share her ideas and design even before I sign up with her.

I've 2 rounds of 3D design. But I didn't create a t-blog to document my reno journey. Lazy to start, anyway reno halfway already.

Yes thought long n hard before I started but felt I benefitted a lot from reading other Tblogs so I share mine as well.

Mind sharing some of your 3D? :)

I think we met up the initial and then another to share her concept with us then another 3-4 times to work and iron out the quotation before we signed :).

Well i'll say she cares and tries to fit her ideas into clients budgets and she's even willing to go with ikea hacks suggestions on some ways to beautify the design just to help us save $$ haha

Haha we sorted knew we wanted her to take on our job but the quotation needs a little work before we can say yes.

She duly delivered thankfully for us :).

Sure thing bro this can be a combined Tblog for both of us since we have the same ID keke

I need help... I uploaded into the gallery. After copying the link address, I can't paste the link...

How to paste the link?

Edited by ZzzMonster

I think I got it...

Here's the 3D

Living TV console and shoe cabinet. The laminate we choose is not this but I kind of like this as well. But final laminate is different.

Living

Dining cabinet

Dining

TV room... the final laminate is totally different from this.

1st room

Study and wardrobe room

2nd room

Master bedroom... stucco wall behind the bed head. Final laminate also change

Master room

Nice.. Guessing yours would be a condo layout.

And nice to see you don't have to fight the track lights battle with her haha.

We are trying to minimize the number of track lights from her original lighting intentions as we wanted lights with more brightness throughout and practicality rather than something that is trendy and might fade out over time :)

Yes, mine's a condo.

Haha... We wanted downlights from the start. Overall, we wanted things that is practical and she helped us to plan and propose how to achieve it nicely.