Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Additional Purchase

Area in Focus: Home Office

Today's shopping was very focused as I spend a lot of my time working from home and my home office hence have decided to ensure I find myself a good desk and chair to work on over long hours. So did a lot of looking and decision making and finally settled for this beauty today.

The Table

gallery_69102_815_1429.jpg

Back View

gallery_69102_815_44386.jpg

Front View

This is also the desk & chair combination I've settled for although I would love the chair to be in white grey combination but the non sale price versus the SG50 sale price for white red just cannot justify :( so settled for 2nd choice.

The Chair

gallery_69102_815_3741.jpg

White Grey

gallery_69102_815_48130.jpg

Red White which was on promotional price

Well overall happy with my purchases for today and I must say I've very impress by the comfort of the desk and chair when I sat and tried them today which contributed to my guilt laden purchase decision but a happy broke man today.

Now for more decisions to come on items left on our list...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A Bedroom Fix

Our MBR is kept very simple with nothing fixed for this area but we do need to shop for a new bed frame as the one in our current place is built in and we do not want another build in this time around.

So we have been looking around and realize that shopping for a good nice bed frame is actually one of the hardest thing to be identifying when shopping. A lot of bedframes are similar perhaps just spotting a difference in materials used and brands the frames are attached too but there are also some that truly stand out in their design but unfortunately so would the price tags that come along with them.

So opting for a balance this time around with it being our 2nd home and trying to managed the budget a little on what's important to have versus what's truly just a luxury we have narrowed down to the few selections below.

Bed Frame Decisions

gallery_69102_815_468629.png

Cayson from Castlery

The queen size frames will only arrive in October so we have time to hunt around for any others we prefer before placing this order for this. The wood color for this frame makes it loveable and different for this frame.

gallery_69102_815_17999.jpg

Treku from Grafunkt

We love the sharpness of this design but definately not the price tag that comes along with it especially the leather backing since fabric backing is not ideal for us who like easy maintenance. You just can clean fabric and with the price tag you can't change this frame once every couple of years too. So for this to happen we perhaps need a Grafunkt warehouse sale to make it happen :)

gallery_69102_815_40120.jpg

Fanttique Moff Bed

A slight variation to the Treku but maintaining the nice sharp finish look to the frame with a much friendlier price tag of course. So another one of our narrowed down choices.

Have seen a couple more but totally ruled them out due to their price range, so let's see if we chance upon more?

The White/Grey combination is REALLY NICE but the price tag not being on sale is NOT NICE!!!:~

So for the sake of pockets no choice lah but the comfort of the chair is really great thats for sure.

How much is the white grey one? And where to get it?

It's the SAYL chair by Herman Miller and retail at $1080 at XTRA park mall bro.

There was also only a last piece left before having to indent and wait for their next order shipment.

Good luck :)

love the grey one as well. But with that price tag :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

btw Bro you always have expensive taste :P

I spend a lot of time in my home office and I use to expense off the office chairs I got from neighborhood shops for $180 ever year and half or 2.

So this time I've decided to get a better one for myself. Well it comes with a 12 year warranty on the chair :)

So technically if I do make this one last then it isn't that costly anymore in a way.

Well but still I can't bear to part with that kind of $$$ hence went for the white/red combo that is going for $750 instead.

Now have to save on other parts of the furnitures for sure. :(

Edited by doubleEM

Thanks bro. Now I understand what u mean by the "price tag". This chair is out of my reach 😅

Well if it helps the chair comes with a 12 years warranty :)

So in a way you might be able to justify it as $100 per year keke

Edited by doubleEM

I spend a lot of time in my home office and I use to expense off the office chairs I got from neighborhood shops for $180 ever year and half or 2.

So this time I've decided to get a better one for myself. Well it comes with a 12 year warranty on the chair :)

So technically if I do make this one last then it isn't that costly anymore in a way.

Well but still I can't bear to part with that kind of $$$ hence went for the white/red combo that is going for $750 instead.

Now have to save on other parts of the furnitures for sure. :(

have to agree with you, better pay for the quality.

Singapore furniture price is sooooo expensive. Wonder how long of roti I have to eat after move in to my new house.

Decided to use the 4 years old washing machine and dryer to cut some cost.

Well indeed but check the US prices for these items and with the sale price they are similar to US pricing hence I took the pain.

But otherwise yes it's costly here.

We are moving all our current electronics over so there will be some savings for us there in washing machine, dryer, fridge & tv's. So electronics wise we are mostly settled so more furnishing.

Shopping Day

It's SG50 today and a PH meaning we are out combing any shops we have left unturned so far for the quest for that bed frame we are still seeking and going after.

Our day started off with the XZQT sale and we visited their Pandan Crescent outlet but didn't managed to identify anything we do need and also realized that despite their sale most of their pieces are still $4000 and upwards for dining sets and bed frames so I still think we are definately priced out here. So after a quick hop and about we are our and back onto the roads.

Next stop! Crate & Barrel in town. The all famous crate and barrel had to be visited but upon reaching there realize that alot of items though nice does not fit the price tags they came along with so again in and out session at this shop. Simply exorbitant in pricing unless there is a massive sale going on.

CB2 is next and here we are now talking. The pieces here are nice and very different and price points are much more acceptable with study desk starting from $400 and bed frames between $1500-$3000 ranges. But didn't find anything we like except for ironically a concrete block.

http://www.cb2.com/cement-grey-side-table/s606581

Wanted it for a display piece at our new place and thought this stand was simple and elegant in its own way but shocking as we are told there would be a 14 weeks back log :bow::bow::bow: There goes any intention to buy it right out of the window despite their 1 day special 15% off for SG50!

Sighz gone we went and back to the next hunt. Fanttique at Link@AMK. It's a new industrial building and most shops were still setting up their spaces here and so is Fanttique. But we managed to take a peak at the bed frame we identified earlier and are happy with the actual look and quality of the wood the bed is made from. They are also having a 15% off sale until next weekend. However, they only accept cash/net which is a bummer in a way :(

gallery_69102_815_40120.jpg

But well if we can't find anything nicer then we may just settle for this piece since we are happy with it anyway for its clean sharp look. Well that sums up our shopping for the day.

Perhaps more tomorrow but no more furnitures for now but perhaps a trip down to the bathroom warehouse Changi store to see if there are any goodies at their advertised sale going on.

Happy SG50 Everyone...