Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

One day I was discussing with a colleague on reno because she just got a new place. She complained that it is difficult for she and her husband to agree on stuff.... She asked me whether I faced the same issue?

My reply to her was very rare because my wife took a back seat, I will show her a few options of what I like for her to approve. So, she's approving what I liked, it doesn't matter which one she choose

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Furniture purchases:

The first furniture we bought is dining table and chairs. Because the place is small, I want to get a smaller width table. Again, I combed through lots of furniture shops, most of the table out in the market are at least 90cm. I wanted 80cm. Some people told me, what is 10cm, no difference. But I believe in a tight area, it makes a difference.

I managed to find this shop who had a booth at one of the furniture fairs at the Singapore Expo. This shop allows me to customize the size of the table, so I ordered a 160cm x 80cm one. This is the look of the table, we chose something like dark grey oak, it's close to black

image.jpg5.jpg

The chairs that will go along with the table. They have many different chairs, we chose this because it's comfortable and got arm rest

image.jpg6.jpg

Next up is the sofa. We want to get recliner sofa, after reading reviews, we decided to get from Univonna. This sofa should be good, but my experience with the sales person is unpleasant. In case you want to know, his name is Walter. I recommend that if you buy from Univonna, buy from someone else.

My sofa looks something like this, color will be light grey. I also bought a single seater one for the TV room

image.jpg1_3.jpg

Another item for the TV room is a rocking chair, we like this chair immediately when we saw it. Wifey says that it's her dream to have a rocking chair...

image.jpg1_8.jpg

Edited by ZzzMonster

After all my defects are rectified, my reno started early July. First thing on site is meeting with electrician to discuss location of lights, switches, sockets, etc. I have a lot of changes to my switches and sockets, and also pull wire all over. I also changed the switches and sockets to dark silver color.

The outcome of the discussion - such drawings are in every room

image.jpg1_5.jpg

My dark silver switches

image.jpg2_5.jpg

Edited by ZzzMonster

A few days later, the wiring are completed

image.jpg2_4.jpg

Next step will be false ceiling...

Another round of drawings on the wall

image.jpg2_5.jpg

In about 2 days time, it is done

image.jpg2_3.jpg

image.jpg1_3.jpg

BUT... The false ceiling guys didn't leave space for curtain pelmet... So they came back another day to do it. Now there's place to put curtain...

image.jpg1_2.jpg

Edited by ZzzMonster

In between, the tiler also did some work...

All the materials for the tiling work...

image.jpg2_7.jpg

image.jpg1_8.jpg

Toilet bowl is removed from the toilet, and a base is built for washing machine

image.jpg1_9.jpg

image.jpg1_7.jpg

Other purchases:

Mirror - realize that there isn't any mirror in the house. So got this mirror. But the color is off theme. So I got a small can of walnut color stain. ID will help to get it stained...

image.jpg2.jpg

Wifey is looking for place to hang her handbag, so we decided to get this hat stand... Again, color will be stained to walnut. And the base will be painted black.

image.jpg1_1.jpg

This is the walnut stain color

image.jpg1_9.jpg

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see the whole journey.

Thanks for dropping by my thread... My thread very quiet 😂

Edited by ZzzMonster

We have been looking around for a clock and can't find something we like until we chance upon this...

image.jpg1.jpg

Wifey said she's been longing for a cuckoo clock. Well, here it is....

As we took a look at the house after painting, we were wondering what to do with the white doors of the electrical cabinet at the entrance. It looks quite out of place. We asked ID is it possible to paint the door to the same color as the wall. She said yes, but because the cabinet door is laminated, once scratch, the paint will come off. So we asked her what options do we have. She suggested to put black tinted mirror, and we agreed. In a couple of days later when I went up to the house, the doors have been removed. That was fast...

This is how the white laminated doors look like. Quite out of place, because our theme will not have any white color.

image.jpg1.jpg

The doors taken out after agreeing to fix black tinted mirror.

image.jpg2.jpg

Now anticipating to see how the door with black tinted mirror will look.

Edited by ZzzMonster