Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, I was surprise when I saw them...

Congrats doubleEM bro on your start of reno! Just before 7th month...

Thank god else I cannot afford any delays at all with my tight timeline.

Kitchen - nothing to be done hereimage.jpg3_2.jpg

Yard area - getting rid of the toilet bowl in the toilet, then shift washing machine inside the toilet. A cabinet will be built at the washing machine area for more storageimage.jpg4_2.jpg

Master bedroomimage.jpg6.jpgimage.jpg7.jpg

The other 2 rooms too small to take pic...

Hi zzzmonster, can you show me how your telescopic hood is installed? I have conflicting accounts with some salesman telling me must not cover the hole above the hood while others say its ok to house the hood in a boxed up as long as there is a small gap at the side.

Many thanks for your time and if possible, can show me a pic of how this is installed inside the top hung cabinet? If there is a vent, where does it lead to?

Hi zzzmonster, can you show me how your telescopic hood is installed? I have conflicting accounts with some salesman telling me must not cover the hole above the hood while others say its ok to house the hood in a boxed up as long as there is a small gap at the side.

Many thanks for your time and if possible, can show me a pic of how this is installed inside the top hung cabinet? If there is a vent, where does it lead to?

I'll take some pics to show you the next time I go there... It is installed by the developer so I don't have any idea or bother about the details...

In one of my earlier post, I shared about lights.... in particularly down lights.

The down lights that I planned to get is one whereby the housing need not be removed from the false ceiling when there's a need to change the bulb or driver. And the driver has the safety mark.

Here's the pic of the down light. In my research, there are 2 types in the market. One of them is shown the in pic below. The other has aluminum heat sink, which I personally prefer. Anyway, the housing of both of them need not be removed from the false ceiling.

image.jpg2_6.jpg

A close up view of the driver shows the safety mark

image.jpg1_10.jpg

This pic will show how the bulb and driver can be taken out with the need for housing to be removed from false ceiling

image.jpg3_2.jpg

But after my ID brought me to the lighting shop she usually brings her clients, I changed my decision on the down lights.

Why? Because this light is easier to change if there's a need to.

The bulb of this downlight is different, it is like a traditional bulb, just that it is LED. So to change bulb, just need to unscrew it.

Here's the pic...

image.jpg10.jpg

From the inside, it looks like this

image.jpg7.jpg

image.jpg9.jpg

So this is much easier to change. The things I buy for the house must be easy to clean, electrical items like this must be easy to change.

BUT, the cost of this light is double the one I initially wanted to buy. I finally got this for the convenience. Furthermore, this light has 5 years warranty compared the other one which has 1 year warranty.

Other lights I bought from this shop are GU10 lights, for mood purposes. And also a double GU10 to light up my wardrobe.

image.jpg5_1.jpg

image.jpg4_1.jpg

image.jpg11.jpg

image.jpg12.jpg

I like these GU10 lights.... It's very different from what I found as compared to the rest of the shops.

Edited by ZzzMonster

In my earlier post, I bought some hanging lights from Hong Kong... But the color of the wire and cage don't match my theme. This shop has agreed to help me change the red wire to black.. And to spray paint the cage to black and grey....

Just to recap, here's the pic of the light before the change....

image.jpg1_7.jpg

Here's after

image.jpg2_3.jpg

I bought 3 of these hanging lights. They were connected individually to the ceiling...

image.jpg2_4.jpg

The shop helped me to connect 3 of these to a plate to form my dining pendant lights and also change the wire to black color

image.jpg1_6.jpg

I like the looks of this transformed lights 😎

Edited by ZzzMonster

Hi Khng, here's some pics. Hope it helps.

image.jpg3_6.jpg

image.jpg1_21.jpg

When the hood is being pulled out

image.jpg2_15.jpg

From the cabinet above the hood

image.jpg1_22.jpg

The top of this pic seems to be the vent for the hood if I'm not wrong

image.jpg2_16.jpg

When today to take a look at the carpentry. Some stuff are done.

Some of the things IMO not done well, I immediately made known to ID. To her credit, she said that she will get it fixed. Will update on it when it's fixed.

Entrance shoe cabinet, 1/3 done

image.jpg2_17.jpg

Dining area cabinet, 1/2 done

image.jpg1_23.jpg

Vanity cabinet at both bathrooms mounted up so that measurements can be taken for Quartz top

image.jpg2_18.jpg

image.jpg1_24.jpg

Master bedroom bed head and queen size storage bed frame. I was happy initially when I saw this, but upon closer look, I noticed that the storage height is too low. How to put things? So I immediately text ID and complain. After checking and discussion with her, she will redo it. I'm happy that ID is willing to take the responsibility and change it.

Apart from the storage height, I like the feel of it.

image.jpg4_5.jpg

image.jpg2_19.jpg

This pic will show that the height of the storage is too low

image.jpg1_25.jpg

Yard cabinet 1/2 done

image.jpg1_26.jpg

But upon closer look, the tap has not been taken out yet. And the carpenters simply cut a hole in the cabinet to fit it in.... I text ID on this also, and she said will get it fixed.

image.jpg2_20.jpg

Anyway, issues like this is expected in a renovation. Most importantly, it boils down to the willingness of the ID to rectify it. Till date, I'm happy that my ID agrees to fix these issues. Will update when it has been fixed.