Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Things are getting completed... ID told me that the carpenters will finish up everything on Mon, including the minor touch up. Electrician will come back when my wall lights (which initially supposed to be hanging lights in the master bedroom) are ready, then fix up remaining lights and fan.

Yesterday when I went to the house, I saw this...

image.jpg1_47.jpg

This was suppose to be a tap and shower. But plumber remove it and use the water outlet for washing machine. I immediately told ID this is not what I want. What I wanted was to use the water outlet for the toilet bowl, since it has been removed. She said she'll ask the plumber to put back and change accordingly.

Today, the plumber came back and changed it back and do up the drainage for the washing machine

image.jpg1_48.jpg

Drainage done up, plumber cut a hole in the floor trap for the drainage pipe

image.jpg3_13.jpg

image.jpg2_33.jpg

Updates on the carpentry

Dining area cabinet... Some doors are fixed. Carpenters said some doors dimension are wrong, so need to send back and re-work, Mon can install. The lights for the altar and glass display is done up. But can't switch on the dining pendant lights as it is turn off at the electrical box.

image.jpg4_9.jpg

TV area all done up

image.jpg8.jpg

image.jpg7_1.jpg

TV room about 99% done up, left some minor touches

image.jpg9.jpg

Study and wardrobe room also close to done up

image.jpg11.jpg

Master bedroom bed frame about 80% done. In my earlier post, the bed frame was done too low, thus resulting in the storage height too low. After telling ID the last time, she immediately discussed with the carpenter boss and then re-fabricate another one. This is one of the things that I'm happy about, no need to "fight" with ID. I read from other post and my previous reno experience, there always be a need to negotiate or "fight" when things go wrong even though it is the fault of the ID.

image.jpg12.jpg

image.jpg13.jpg

Some other carpentry updates...

Bathroom cabinet is done.

image.jpg16.jpg

But there isn't a shelf in between because in the initial discussion, ID is afraid that can't put a shelf in between because of the sink drainage pipe. So now that the drainage pipe is done, I see that there is space to put a shelf in between. I asked the carpenter to put a shelf for me for both bathroom. This is the pic of the space inside the cabinet

image.jpg2_28.jpg

Yard area cabinet 90% done. Doors are up, but the hole that was open up inside not patched up yet, it'll be done on Mon

image.jpg15.jpg

Bro, did your electrical quotes come with the colored switches or you have to pay extra for them?

My quotes come with the switches. It will be cheaper if you get the switches yourself but electrician said he will provide warranty for the switches as well if get from him. He did tell me that if get from him will cost about 100% more but for convenience I get from him. Then I no need to worry how many pieces of how many gang switches to buy etc. especially if there's a change of mind of lighting plan or adding more lights to be and more gang of switches needed.

Went over to the house today, but I think no work is done today because the carpenters finish what's suppose to be done yesterday. The rest of the stuff needs to be re-work and then installed on Mon, including the finishing touches. So I spend some time taking some pics which I could not take yesterday as I would be getting in the way of the carpenters.

The black tinted mirror has been stick onto the entrance cabinet door. The door laminate was white color, but it is not in line with the theme, and we are afraid it'll get dirty easily.

image.jpg5_2.jpg

Edited by ZzzMonster

Wardrobe is done up. This is the pic of where the L shape is...

image.jpg2_35.jpg

I like how ID did the door of this area. I had a L shape wardrobe before marriage and it's difficult to reach the clothes that is put into the corner. This door will ensure that such issue will not arise

image.jpg5_3.jpg

Hi may I know how my,he perr foot run do your I'd charge do it including the inner colour thank.

Hi tarzanboy,

I didn't ask my ID how much is per foot for the carpentry. She just quote me the price of individual cabinet.