Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Noodler

Bedroom Doors, Top And Bottom Not Laminated

Renovations were completed about 4 months back. Was doing some housechores and had to climb a ladder when I saw the following on my bedroom door:

hABLevq.jpg

And this is the same for all 3 doors in the house. According to the vendor where we purchased the doors from, the top and bottom are not laminated. :angry2:

Is this an industry norm? I do not recall this being the norm... there are 2 slits where the top and bottom are exposed, wouldn't that be an invitation for insects? :jawdrop:

Can anyone advise what can be done?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's normal.

I worked in a wooden door manufacturing company almost 20 years back and it's always been this way.

It is an industrial practice in Singapore & Malaysia. Other countries I don't know.

It's normal.

I worked in a wooden door manufacturing company almost 20 years back and it's always been this way.

It is an industrial practice in Singapore & Malaysia. Other countries I don't know.

Wow, thanks for your input. Didn't know this is actually the norm.

How can we cover up the raw finishing and seal up the slits? Silicon?

It serve no purpose to cover it up, you can't see it unless you happen to be on a ladder.

The bottom is impossible to know unless you happen to slide a mirror between the floor & door.

If you want, you can use the wood party to seal the gaps, sand it down and apply varnish. That's the top.

The bottom, you are going to have to remove the door from the hinge to do it.

Even if you check on your main wooden door (which is fire rated - BCA standard requirement), the top & bottom are also un-varnish.

If you feel with your fingers, they are probably raw wood too. Maybe if you are lucky, there is a light varnish.