Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vicki Goh

Better To Use Storage Heater Or Instant Heater?

Guest Vicki Goh

Just need some advice..

As i know 1 storage heater can support 2 bathroom however instant heater need to buy 2 sets.

So if storage heater how much litter to buy if for 5 people staying?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

30L to 50L, noting that higher the litre also means longer it takes for water to heat up. Preferably, the two bathrooms are side by side, else you may end up getting 2 storage sets as one of the toilet may not be able to get enough water pressure. If there's bathtub installed, it will be 50L and above.

May also want to consider gas heater. Higher initial cost, but long term savings. Would be a good tie up with the dryer if already considering to buy one in the first place.

Guest Vicki Goh

Ya i will getting city gas heater instead as just need to get my ID to do supply and extend the water piping for my new house only.

And heard it will save PUB bills too...is it really true?? As i will have like 5 people staying together.

I am not sure to get dryer or not..if can hang clothes outside might need a dryer??

The only real downside of gas heater is it takes longer time to produce consistent supply of heated water. Then again, the downside of a storage heater is wastage of energy as entire tank is heated initially unless you can be sure to always use up the entire tank of heated water. Unlikely. Gas consumption is definitely cheaper compared to storage heater.

Gas dryer.....If you have the space and cash to spare, don't hesitate and just get it. Saves your time and energy in hanging/keeping clothes, making space to hang clothes (esp for family of 5pax), watching for change in weather which can be stupendously fickle in the tropics and clothes taking longer to dry during wetter months. If you use the dryer 3-4 times weekly on normal drying mode, your monthly gas bill for the dryer is probably about $5-10. Of course, the dryer also requires capital but it will easily last min 5 years. Add the capital ($800+ but cheaper if bought together with heater) and operating cost ($10 monthly) for 5yrs, you will see that the cash outlay is well worth the time and energy saved :)

Why don install multipoint instant water heater?

Saw ppl install it at common toilet n able to supply hot water to both toilets.

I may consider to install it for my coming bto

I have lived in Hong Kong for few years. The gas heater is a standard pre-installattion by the developer. These days most people are saying gas is more expensive than electricity and now a migration to electric heaters.

During the most humid months after CNY to September, many homes rely on air conditioners and dehumidifier.

A dehumidifier can help in drying up the clothes as well though it is not created for this purpose.

Any heating systems are time and space consuming, and will cause damage to fabrics such as socks and elastic part of any garments.

Edited by PrettyUgly