Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

It's just a random day in the office and I'm wondering! How do you guys manage to stay calm while waiting for the reno to start progressing??

TRYING to be calm... and i realized t-blogging does helps! HAHAHA. I think women tends to think more into the details/process and suddenly many "???" pops out of no where? lol. My husband cool like a cucumber leh. hahaha.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ahyong81 you house super nice la! Your glass panels no frame right? I wanted a little framing so I asked them to include... so that we don't accidentally walk into the glass.. :S

We're also not getting a loan so I've got a spreadsheet to plan in advance what month I can buy what so that our cashflow won't have problems... My spreadsheet now spans to June next year to take into account the wedding expenses as well... Haha...

It's off-peak work season now so even work also cannot occupy my whole day! I wish the reno would start alr!

So good, got off-peak work season one... Haha! Mine's peak all year round. :bleah: But cannot complain, got business is good thing.

But I keep getting distracted by renovations. Especially since my renos are at a standstill now that I have to wait for my carpentry (totally our own fault).

I just picked up a biz class and started getting my planner ready for the last quarter of the year and 2016. Haha! Planning for next year's business plans + vacations means less thinking about the house and more thinking about the future. :sport-smiley-003:

My hubby also quite chillax one... Only the women so anxious to see the "end result". Haha!

Haha... At least you got things to keep you busy!! I wish I had the renos to keep me busy but we're starting slowly.. also can only blame us cause we don't need to move in too quickly. But can't help but be so excited cause this is our first home!

The fiance also not much outward excitement but he does say inside he's doing his happy dance la... I think he just wants to have his own space, the rest I can deal with~ :D

Ha! Finally found your blog. Had a hard time visualising what you mean on Yakult's t-blog.

Your wardrobe is 2 sided? Cool.

I think i will have mine in an L-Shaped against the wall instead (but i have a problem cos one side of the wall there is a single window, which in my opinion is a lousy design cos it is not an aircon ledge or anything. For me to escape??).. so maybe i will follow someone's else idea to cut a hole inside the cupboard at the window there.. so i will have a Narnia Wardrobe.except if you step out, you gg fall off as I am on high level)

Alternatively, if there is enough width space, i might go with wardrobe in the wall in front of the bed.

Hello! I'm not calm either. Keep thinking about the reno at the house during work. :( Also cannot concentrate on any other things except thinking about the house all the time!! Anyway, have you started work? I'm into end of Week 2...

Hi Sunnydays! I realised I missed out on your post previously!

I totally cannot wait for the work on my house to start... My ID confirmed that they've placed an order to reserve the tiles HDB used on my house so that my extension kitchen area can have the same tiles as the rest of the kitchen...

I'm so envious of you that you've started work alr... can't wait to be posting everyday! I've got a slight inspiration while researching yesterday to blog so I might do a short post later or tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

Ha! Finally found your blog. Had a hard time visualising what you mean on Yakult's t-blog.

Your wardrobe is 2 sided? Cool.

I think i will have mine in an L-Shaped against the wall instead (but i have a problem cos one side of the wall there is a single window, which in my opinion is a lousy design cos it is not an aircon ledge or anything. For me to escape??).. so maybe i will follow someone's else idea to cut a hole inside the cupboard at the window there.. so i will have a Narnia Wardrobe.except if you step out, you gg fall off as I am on high level)

Alternatively, if there is enough width space, i might go with wardrobe in the wall in front of the bed.

Hi djnt! Yep! It's essentially 2 wardrobes back to back against each other. My ID said the mechanisms in the wardrobe got certain dimensions one so if I want 2 sided have to build 2 and back against each other. Then they measured the space and confirm I got enough for queen bed and 2 side tables some more.. Phew!

I'm not sure it's actually a good idea to cut the hole actually cause if you have internal colour laminates for your wardrobe the light might fade your laminates in time? I think you're clothes might as well... If you don't need to access a ledge from that window I would think you should just seal it off. At least that is what I would do. Hahah!

I was against the L-shaped idea cause there is that corner in the L which seems too deep to get the clothes in/out easily. But I think there's a like "lazy susan" type mechanism that I've seen people fit in.

Edited by sapphire89

Hello, no worries about missing my post! Glad that you have made progress with your ID's reserving the tiles. Yeah looking forward to reading updates from you! :)

Look forward to seeing yours too! I'm going for a ceiling fan but I've got no ceiling works so I guess I only need to worry about the shadow issue!

Okies so I've figured out that using Photobucket is my best bet at getting more photos on here.

I was on a writer's block for a couple of weeks but now I've figured out what to write about!! This is probably going to be something I'll look forward to when we are close to moving in and that's adding the finishing touches to our apartment!

Yes you've got it! It's decorating with knick knacks and art.

First! I've recently got into watching Mr. Kate on youtube and I have to say I love how it seems like ang mohs can just decorate without being like us build-in everything! They just have carpentry for essentially the kitchen. The rest they buy... Super cool!

So it got me thinking about the art work that I wanna feature in the various rooms.

Bedroom - I'm going for tranquil but I'm liking also strong accents of teal/aquamarine like the photos below.

mrkate_mister_sister_bedroom-27_AFTER_zp

Love the above Mr. Kate makeover!! The room looks so much like a hotel!

Wall%20art%20bedroom_zpsux1udmtn.jpg

Only problem is that if I put art work above the bedhead, where do I put our wedding potrait?? Does anyone have any clue??

Typography Art - some for the entry way probably on a console near the door...

Being the lazy woman I am...

lets%20stay%20at%20home_zpst3jp9lqv.jpg

its%20good%20to%20be%20home_zpslobdyxsk.

home%20is%20wherever%20im%20with%20you_z

Office Prints - I'm so in loveeee with this one! Fiance gets the S*** done!

office%20prints_zpsiugfsuxg.jpg

office%20prints%202_zpsxc2njfhl.jpg

I'm probably going to try DIY with canvas and acrylic paint and I've googled for somewhere other than Art Friend to get my supplies! Anyone's tried Overjoyed before?

Anyway here are some colour scheme that the abstracts/backgrounds will follow...

Colours_zpsebmy8vww.jpg

Colours%203_zpsavgu5gqp.jpg

And they hopefully will turn out to look like that!

Colours%202_zps5y5thsvp.jpg

Will be back when I gather enough knick-knack ideas! Ta!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Thank you!! It's been a very long time but I would like to get my arty fingers back! I'm sure I can manage something like this??

*Fingers crossed*

6cf059e21810d8120c55c6d1ec6748c8_zpsjzaj

Nice colours! Love the idea of DIY but I don't have arty fingers...

So I've finally received the 2nd drafts including the master bathroom carpentry's first draft. I think they've more or less captured what I want for the rest of the pictures but something's just not right about the bathroom carpentry. Somehow, it just doesn't look like it fits in with the scandi theme? I think it's probably a little orbiang (old fashioned)? Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks it needs work??

20151018173258_zpsxgqwvsik.jpg

The other photos for your viewing pleasure!

unnamed%202_zpsyltyykfr.jpg

Think the drafter's forgot we wanted the full length one instead... but this looks pretty too~ Decisions decisions...

unnamed%204_zpsxwrt1ufm.jpg

unnamed%201_zpsrfzbvukm.jpg

unnamed_zpspfx9qwap.jpg

Seeing the IKEA PS 2014 ladder shelf I bought to store my vanity stuff makes me think my decision to go with it was the right one!!

XOXO,

Sapphira