Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sapphire89

Nordic Crush

Hihi!

Finally after 2 weeks, we've got the first draft of our 3D illustrations on Saturday when the J&J came down to help us check our new house. I'm so digging how the kitchen's going to look like!!

I've requested for a number of amendments and shall wait for the amended pictures to be sent to me. This is such an exciting point of our lives!

I've got 2 options for my glass partitions to the kitchen as seen below! One is the cleaner full length frame while the others got squares that I requested originally. To keep the original airy feel of the apartment going, we're thinking we should go with the full length one??

gallery_68382_875_31780.jpg

gallery_68382_875_16325.jpg

Anyway, these need some amendments as well. Mainly the floor tile in the kitchen is a greyish colour and also, I want the picture pulled back more so that I can see the impact of the glass panels on the room. So something like looking at the kitchen area from the living/dining area. I've also requested for one close up of the kitchen carpentry without the glass panels in the way. I want an uninterrupted view of the carpentry but from what I can see wood trimmings with white laminates are so awesome! Love love love the look of the Admira Cerarl backsplash! I'm probably going with a more Scandi pendant lamp above the island and also I think the island needs to be more centralised.

Next we have the master bedroom. Again, I've asked them to amend the floor to match my white floor tiles from HDB. They'll need to take the fan out as we're not planning to install one in the bedroom. I love that white wood laminate we chose for the master wardrobe!! I've also asked them to include the design I've showed you guys previously in my moodboard. The one with the wood look handles half way up the wardrobe. Otherwise this will look quite plain!

gallery_68382_875_13585.jpg

My side of the wardrobe!

gallery_68382_875_4326.jpg

Ooo I love it! It's like my small corner in the house. This is exactly like I've envisioned it. I've ask them to replace the pouf with the PS 2014 ladder storage rack I bought.

I'm missing a 3D of the master bathroom vanity/sink carpentry which they'll include next as well.

Meanwhile, I was shopping at IKEA the other day and I'm really seriously considering the BRIMNES bedframe and headboard piece. Saves me space in our room! The only issue I have (actually it's the future hubby) with these is the handles of the under bed storage which juts out. He says we'll kick it and hurt outselves but I didn't think so until I went to look again over the weekend. I figured we probably won't kick it from the front but when I tried backing in towards the bed, I realised we will eventually let down out guard and let the bed take a piece out of our legs! :(

gallery_68382_875_4741.jpg

Google to the rescue!!

So I set out to find a way to replace the handles that IKEA gave as a standard on the BRIMNES, but I couldn't find anything! All the hacks I could find included laminating the entire piece with wood laminates. Has no one noticed the lethal-ness of those handles?!?

Until.. cue the drumrolls! I found Superfront and that they deliver handles and legs built for customising IKEA furniture! They actually sell more than that but they only deliver the handles and legs internationally. Good for me my little sister is currently on exchange in Stockholm and I'll get her to bring some back for me when she comes home!! Hehe.. :notti:

I'll need to first get measurements for the distance between the screws for the handles though.

gallery_68382_875_117608.png

If the trunk handle cannot fit, I'll just get the loop handles! Love these leather look handles! The others are just as lovely. I might buy a few more (like the copper ball handles) in case I get that HEMNES daybed for the guestroom.

BUT FIRST! MEASUREMENTS!!! Anyone has the bed and can help me measure the distance between the handle screws?

Thank you! Arigatooo!

XOXO,

Sapphira

Edited by sapphire89

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm using the Brimnes bed and we don't usually hurt our legs on it... Unless your space is very very limited. If the walking space around it is somewhat ample, won't have this problem.

I've had it for a year and so far we've hurt ourselves with it less than 5 times... Haha!

But yes they should rethink the design!!

OMG babe! That's good to hear! Are you planning to bring it to your new place then or buy new one?

I'm using the Brimnes bed and we don't usually hurt our legs on it... Unless your space is very very limited. If the walking space around it is somewhat ample, won't have this problem.

I've had it for a year and so far we've hurt ourselves with it less than 5 times... Haha!

But yes they should rethink the design!!

OMG babe! That's good to hear! Are you planning to bring it to your new place then or buy new one?

No, I'm leaving it for my current landlord as they've been very nice to us. :)

The bed is very very useful, but I've gotten a new one for my theme that has hydraulic storage beneath...

It is quite useful and pretty. And I like the height of it! :)

Oh cool! Would you happen to be able to get the dimension between the 2 screws that hold the handle? I totally forgot to measure when I was at IKEA last weekend! :)

No, I'm leaving it for my current landlord as they've been very nice to us. :)

The bed is very very useful, but I've gotten a new one for my theme that has hydraulic storage beneath...

It is quite useful and pretty. And I like the height of it! :)

Oh cool! Would you happen to be able to get the dimension between the 2 screws that hold the handle? I totally forgot to measure when I was at IKEA last weekend! :)

from outsides of screw 17cm

from insides of screws ~15.3cm?

Whoa! So fast!! Thanks babe!!

Oh man! It doesn't fit the trunk handle description from Superfront! :(

from outsides of screw 17cm

from insides of screws ~15.3cm?

Edited by sapphire89

Full Length Glass for your kitchen looks great! :D

i support full length glass for your kitchen too!

btw, your wardrobe space looks similar to mine :D and your 2-sided door idea is great!!

Full Length Glass for your kitchen looks great! :D

Yea that was exactly what I thought. I think cause HDB ceilings are much lower than the mood board photos so they don't look as good.

i support full length glass for your kitchen too!

btw, your wardrobe space looks similar to mine :D and your 2-sided door idea is great!!

I have looked at the 2 pics for about 4 days now and me and the fiance agree that the full length is much better!

I think a lot of ppl go with the wardrobe like that these days though one downside is you probably make your room smaller than it already is. The 2 sided wardrobe though I think it's like a dream come true!

Hi sapphire89, would you mind sharing with me your id contact too? Thanks! :)

Hi Pristan! PM-ed you :)

It's just a random day in the office and I'm wondering! How do you guys manage to stay calm while waiting for the reno to start progressing??

Busy myself with work and earning money :rofl:

After all, the more work done the more money needs to go out.

Since we're paying everything by cash and no loan, it's good to take a bit of time and stagger the payments.

But on the other hand also anxious to see results. So only can throw myself into work. :disturb:

Ahyong81 you house super nice la! Your glass panels no frame right? I wanted a little framing so I asked them to include... so that we don't accidentally walk into the glass.. :S

Busy myself with work and earning money :rofl:

After all, the more work done the more money needs to go out.

Since we're paying everything by cash and no loan, it's good to take a bit of time and stagger the payments.

But on the other hand also anxious to see results. So only can throw myself into work. :disturb:

We're also not getting a loan so I've got a spreadsheet to plan in advance what month I can buy what so that our cashflow won't have problems... My spreadsheet now spans to June next year to take into account the wedding expenses as well... Haha...

It's off-peak work season now so even work also cannot occupy my whole day! I wish the reno would start alr!