Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

No need to convince, just ask him to help to hang the bamboo out everytime, especially when doing bedsheets and curtain. :bleah:

Also ask him who is doing the laundry as well. :notti:

Given the haze seems to be an annual event nowadays, hanging out seems to be collecting more particles too.

Bill is in the $180 range, I dont wash daily, approx. twice a week.

You are acually looking at more gas cost, if you are using gas dryer. Gas is cheaper than electricity.

However if you are using electric dryer, then you may want to reconsider again.

Any electrical appliances use for generating heat or cooling, such as kettle, fridge, aircon, oven generally consume lots of electricity.

Given your space in living, plus oipen kitchen, even a 25K BTU blower will take some time to properly to cool down the space.

I have 2 blowers in my living room, one is a 18K and one 25K, I like it cool, fast & furious.

Kitchen to look huge and spacious, walls has to go, then top cabinets is impossible.

For me, I value storage than overall look. Especially moving from a previous unit to a current one.

Most young couples enjoy the luxuries of just bring their lugguages and move in.

For us, is near impossible. When I pack my kitchen, I almost fainted on the spot.

Rice cooker, blender, steamboat, air fryer, toaster, pancake maker, small oven, coffe maker and all the pots and pans and etc etc. :bangwall:

Then comes all the zap ba lang teapot set, coffee cup set, dinning set, tupperware...... :~

wah! your bill is steep.. is it a norm for your kind of hdb?

you really have alot of kitchen gadgets!! now looking into wet and dry kitchen. see how the ID can come up with the idea.. hehe..

i think they all wanna bang their head :bangwall:haha. feels i am not easy customer..keep changing..( want the ideal one for my house mah.. :) )

u r right about the storage space.. i look at their design.. many overloooked on the storage. honestly the pathetic utility may not be enough to put our things.. i look at my current house n the clutter.. then i look at their design.. i think hard to fit in despite the "bigger" space..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

selecting ID is a headache now..

i read quotation until i wanna faint.. some give one lump sum of $$ , some very detailed.. every single one.. but total up expensive..lol

which one is more accurate?

if one ID able to do the work but not so detailed in the writing.. will u choose?

u r right about the storage space.. i look at their design.. many overloooked on the storage. honestly the pathetic utility may not be enough to put our things.. i look at my current house n the clutter.. then i look at their design.. i think hard to fit in despite the "bigger" space..

There is a saying, the more space you have, the more things you will buy to fill it - which I beg to differ.

I prefer more storage, at least I can sort out the items properly and dont have to climb over mountain over sea just to find that small little item I need.

Appliances is one thing, then comes the item for the oven eg Le Creuset, baking and different size of containers etc.

Seriously, kitchen is actually the place that has the most stuffs compare to the whole house.

So why not maximise the space given and cater for the future foreseeable or unforeseen purchase.

Given nowadays HDB sizes, the kitchen is only so “big” and only so much room for kitchen top and cabinets.

Some want to keep it simple, just go for kitchen top cabinets and no wall hung.

Yes, it look clean and minimalist but I don’t like the idea of item scattering around the kitchen and on the kitchen top.

Some appliances will be on the kitchen top, as if taken PR status, simply because they will be used daily or simply to big/heavy to be store.

Eg Kitchenaid mixer or the rice cooker or some fanciful coffee machine.

I would prefer the storage for all my dry goods, beverages, a tower unit (usually box up the main vertical pipe) to house my mops, brooms and all teeny weeny zhap ba lang things. :sport-smiley-004:

But each to their own. Your home, you call. A place where you are most comfortable in. ;)

Choose the one that you think will give you less headaches and issues when the job is handed over to them. At times hiring an ID may cost more than the others but if they give you a piece of mind then somehow they command their "premiums" too.

They are working for you as well during this reno period when you have engaged them.

Choose the one that you think will give you less headaches and issues when the job is handed over to them. At times hiring an ID may cost more than the others but if they give you a piece of mind then somehow they command their "premiums" too.

They are working for you as well during this reno period when you have engaged them.

totally agree with you bro

A piece of mind..I think still an early stage to see who can give me peace of mind.. I keep changing idea and one is very patient and the quotes are so far the best... Then suddenly another one came in with a design where 80% of my headache was solved the price looks very very attractive! However, during the first meeting,me and hub did not really like one of the managers.. (Find him a bit arrogant) Hehe. Not sure if they can give peace of mind..but They do have on going project and we were invited to see the progress and they keep inviting and claim we r welcome to see how they do the project in a way give assurance. I like the design of this ID...

Tough decision...

A piece of mind..I think still an early stage to see who can give me peace of mind.. I keep changing idea and one is very patient and the quotes are so far the best... Then suddenly another one came in with a design where 80% of my headache was solved the price looks very very attractive! However, during the first meeting,me and hub did not really like one of the managers.. (Find him a bit arrogant) Hehe. Not sure if they can give peace of mind..but They do have on going project and we were invited to see the progress and they keep inviting and claim we r welcome to see how they do the project in a way give assurance. I like the design of this ID...

Tough decision...

Well you know its your project and gut feel is pretty important as if the starting feeling is wrong then for me I won't go ahead with it. Which was why we dropped a couple of choices even if we know they will have really nice designs. :)

But again this is a choice you have to make for yourself. Do what is best for what you need and cheap may not mean good :)! But of course expensive may not also mean good. So a balance is what is required. Cos ID commands a higher premium but if they do the job well then they deserve to earn their keep because you can call them anytime.

Like I keep calling my ID for minor touch up and plumbing issues still occurring and she gets the team down same day if possible. Even I'm quite amaze as the team turn up in 30 mins from when I texted here.

side track abit. just wanted to know after you collect your key for your new house, is there any SOP to follow and when is it the 'right' time to do it?

I heard of things like throwing rice or salt around the house and some even roll pineapple etc... when do we do it? the 1st time we open the door? or we have to pick a date to do it?

care to share?

this week is going to be meeting up with ID and finalizing the layout and quotation hopefully by end of next week can start the ball rolling to apply for permit.. wish me luck! hehe

this week is going to be meeting up with ID and finalizing the layout and quotation hopefully by end of next week can start the ball rolling to apply for permit.. wish me luck! hehe

All the best and best of luck twinklecloud, wish you have a smooth smooth project.

All the best and best of luck twinklecloud, wish you have a smooth smooth project.

thank you nextstep... your house is almost complete! =)

i do hope everything will be smooth smooth too... (my first reno.. still has loads to learn along the way)

The other way is to get a really strong hood (like the Fujiohs) that can help mitigate the amount of oil on the floor after cooking. Personally because I intend to cook a lot next time I will be wanting a non-open kitchen + a strong hood.

I just want to point out that if by "strong", you mean strong suction power, then you need to check carefully the specifications of the Fujioh hood. My experience is that their suction power sucks (not literally but figuratively speaking). However, they use a different design for capturing the fumes. May be suitable for circulation mode, but I do not know.

I had a bad experience: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/44531-fujioh-ariafina-betta-bt-900-cooker-hood/?p=675019

Edited by Ks Toh

I just want to point out that if by "strong", you mean strong suction power, then you need to check carefully the specifications of the Fujioh hood. My experience is that their suction power sucks (not literally but figuratively speaking). However, they use a different design for capturing the fumes. May be suitable for circulation mode, but I do not know.

I had a bad experience: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/44531-fujioh-ariafina-betta-bt-900-cooker-hood/?p=675019

thanks!! will read up more and give review soon

anyone can share your experience with track lights and downlight?

thinking of saving some cost on false ceiling and do downlight but heard that it's not really very good in the long run..

can anyone share?