Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Farrhan Nyong

Renovation + Appliances Installment Plan

Guest Farrhan Nyong

hi all.

firstly, thank you in advance for your replies.

i am looking for a renovation company which does installments on a monthly basis. it is better if the company is able to source for home appliances and include it into their quotation. a company that fits my description would be Courts that has tied up with Ciseern ID.

some bg information on myself. may or may not be relevant so ill try to keep it short.

1. 25yo eldest son working FT.

2. dad went in prison = 0 contribution.

3. parents divorced.

4. family unable to service current flat monthly loan. hdb force us to sell and downgrade.

5. proceed of sales 50/50. virtually no cash profit. dad cpf returned to OA and used for new resale flat with me as owner. dad co-owner. mom cannot stay with us legally and not much cpf because previously not working but still got a bto. she staying separately.

6. mom now working to support herself = 0 contribution as well. and i rather it remain that way now until i can support her too.

7. i am servicing the hdb loan. key figures: loan at 3.38% for 25 years. $899 a mth. $250 cash a mth after OA deduction. can calculate my salary from there.

what i need is nothing fancy. i just need to survive and a bit more. any seniors with advice for me? is this smart or is there a better way to do this?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest Farrhan Nyong

I am engaging external IDs now based on Renotalk's service. So far 7 ID companies have contacted me.

Starry Homestead

Apex Design

Brick & Mortar Interiors

DeFong Interior Design

My Design Interiors

Urban Design House

9 Creation

I am going to fund this renovation through a loan and hopefully keep it down to 10k. 20k max including appliances. I see that it has been done before and hope to achieve the same.

edited: (***) was censored. Is there a rule stating company names are not allowed?

Edited by Farrhan Nyong

Guest Farrhan Nyong

would it be better to go for a full renovation including bedroom carpentry with my ID or buy loose pieces of furniture?

i am cash strapped now. either i get a bigger loan and pay off the ID or buy loose pieces and run the risk of not being able to afford them in future.

my bedrooms are bare of any carpentry work ie. no built in.

Guest Farrhan Nyong

i was comparing quotations between 2 companies for painting of the house.

Matex $1350

Vinilex 5000 $1300

something tells me the company using Matex is out to cheat me. a 20l Matex costs the same as a 5l Vinilex. what gives!

On 03/09/2017 at 1:42 PM, Suguna Bagavathi said:

Hi all im looking renovator who gives installment plan to pay. Getting new hm by nov.

I have engaged Mr Ong for my renovation works . Flexible in house installments plan.

i did my renovation works for whole house at about 28k, all I need to up front is 8k ,the rest is 2 years installments .

you can check the link below .

https://www.gumtree.sg/a-bathroom-fixtures-supplies/pasir-ris-tampines/house-renovation-+-in-house-installment-plan-available/1002058339270910831756409

On 13/10/2015 at 4:47 PM, Guest Farrhan Nyong said:

i was comparing quotations between 2 companies for painting of the house.

Matex $1350

Vinilex 5000 $1300

something tells me the company using Matex is out to cheat me. a 20l Matex costs the same as a 5l Vinilex. what gives!

Matex is also Nippon brand , if you are looking for a contractor to use matex to paint a 4 room , it costs about 900 -1k .this is my understanding .

On 18/10/2017 at 12:10 PM, Keith91 said:

I have engaged Mr Ong for my renovation works . Flexible in house installments plan.

i did my renovation works for whole house at about 28k, all I need to up front is 8k ,the rest is 2 years installments .

https://www.gumtree.sg/a-bathroom-fixtures-supplies/pasir-ris-tampines/house-renovation-+-in-house-installment-plan-available/1002058339270910831756409

Can I know more about the Contractor you hired ? 

On 10/18/2017 at 12:10 PM, Keith91 said:

Hi Keith91, is Mr Ong reliable? I try to reach him at 96551451 but not responding. 

If you don't, could share with me the reno he did for your home please?

Please please please avoid this contractor!! He’s a SCAM! Left few homeowners stranded with unfinished job n MIA including my house. He operates using several companies name and it seems he keeps changing his companies name. So BEWARE! I have lodged a police report as his sub-contractor came to my house claiming we owe them money. It seems he lied to them saying they are doing his house.