Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Hahaha! Not wrong. I think we've all been there.

I slightly regret not going to Kraus road and ended up with a Monic sink instead.

Your home is gonna be epic!!

Bykaraanne, the monic sink doesn't comes cheap as well because I remember seeing the 600mm top mount 1.2mm sink and they quoted me $560.. i was like wow bian.. and then now I end up with the Kraus..lagi wow bian.. I console myself that it is bigger and used for 10 years is $70 a year.. haha

Edited by Luxexplorer

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

what a good location you have! its near everywhere!

I love the vibes of chinatown and not to mention the yummy 日日红 麻辣香锅! :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

cant wait to see how you transform the place!

Edited by xhomesweethomex

The 2nd item I bought for the new flat is.... the digital door lock! As I don't intend to have a metal gate ( even the ID and contractor are surprise by this decision) I decided early on to have this digital lock for added security.

The initial plan was to purchase Yale since I grew up with this brand and always felt it is very reliable. While shopping online (which is very addictive since my 1st purchase from Amazon) I came across this and because I love the colour I decided to buy it from Qoo10 and it ships from Korea.
It comes with emergency keys, 2 tag keys and I ordered 1 extra tag key

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/TODAY-ONLY-1DAY-BIG-SALE-SAMSUNG/413847706?selectedOptions=;;

2014 Samsung EZON SHS P910 Fingerprint Digital Door Lock Push Pull Door Lock

• Easy way to open the door with Push-Pull type
  • Fire and emergency door opening function such as a panic bar. Enter with emergency key
  • Welcome feature for users and locking notification feature
  • Manner mode for a quiet night outings & outsider alarm notification of residence
  • Securing door management with robust dual structure
  • Option for push- pull OR pull-push

Pros ;

Colour nicer because the export models only comes in silver. The local market comes in champagne cold

Price is cheaper. $700++ versus $395 (including extra tag keys)

Con
Everything In Korean (although the seller send me the english manual via email the moment I placed order online) but reckon once figure out how to use should be quite standard. Maybe can deter break ins too.. haha

Fingers crossed that it is not faulty as with all online purchase

Edited by Luxexplorer

Bykaraanne, the monic sink doesn't comes cheap as well because I remember seeing the 600mm top mount 1.2mm sink and they quoted me $560.. i was like wow bian.. and then now I end up with the Kraus..lagi wow bian.. I console myself that it is bigger and used for 10 years is $70 a year.. haha

I got my 680mm under mount Monic at a good price la. Around $300 only. Compared to a Kraus still big diff hehe

The Kraus I wanted was $600+ usd with shipping I think? Haha! I didn't know Monic was an expensive-ish brand

Edited by bykaraanne

Hi, I also bought this digital lock but with the biometric. Please remember to test after installing with ppl both inside and outside because my set was faulty and I got locked out for over 3 hours.

The 2nd item I bought for the new flat is.... the digital door lock! As I don't intend to have a metal gate ( even the ID and contractor are surprise by this decision) I decided early on to have this digital lock for added security.

The initial plan was to purchase Yale since I grew up with this brand and always felt it is very reliable. While shopping online (which is very addictive since my 1st purchase from Amazon) I came across this and because I love the colour I decided to buy it from Qoo10 and it ships from Korea.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/TODAY-ONLY-1DAY-BIG-SALE-SAMSUNG/413847706?selectedOptions=;;

• Fire and emergency door opening function such as a panic bar. Enter with emergency key
  • Manner mode for a quiet night outings & outsider alarm notification of residence

Pros ;

Colour nicer because the export models only comes in silver. The local market comes in champagne cold

Con
Everything In Korean (although the seller send me the english manual via email the moment I placed order online) but reckon once figure out how to use should be quite standard. Maybe can deter break ins too.. haha

Pros ;

Con

Nice buy, I am looking at this model as well,

It is rare to find someone decided not having the gate, initially I have the same thought as well, but in the end my family and friend really talk me out of it.

I am sure it will be super nice, a door just with the digital lock. Really great choice.

Edited by nextstep

Hi, I also bought this digital lock but with the biometric. Please remember to test after installing with ppl both inside and outside because my set was faulty and I got locked out for over 3 hours.

Septh! Thats one of the worse fear for online shopping :( May I asked how you rectify it in the end? Sorry to hear about the 3 hours wait and really good advice from you

Edited by Luxexplorer

Nice buy, I am looking at this model as well,

It is rare to find someone decided not having the gate, initially I have the same thought as well, but in the end my family and friend really talk me out of it.

I am sure it will be super nice a door with just the digital lock. Really great choice.

Nextstep: My friends and family are give me the same "huh are you sure" look.

Conversation with mum went like this

Mum: Later someone break in and steal all your watches.

Me: Aiyah, I will have safety box.

Mum: Later they take the safety box also

Me: Will install camera as well la

Mum: later then you know!!!! :argue:

Me; ok la, let me think about it....!

Edited by Luxexplorer

Nextstep: My friends and family are give me the same "huh are you sure" look.

Conversation with mum went like this

Mum: Later someone break in and steal all your watches.

Me: Aiyah, I will have safety box.

Mum: Later they take the safety box also

Me: Will install camera as well la

Mum: later then you know!!!! :argue:

Me; ok la, let me think about it....!

I feel you, almost the same kind of conversation.

My ID also :dunno::dunno::dunno:

UPDATE : Contractor D from In Star Design Pte Ltd

After meeting with him last evening and a few hours of discussion, I have made the decision based on a few reasons :

• Feels he is very honest and calm though a bit quiet and little shy to contradict my ideas. But better than those who everything can can can but turned out all cannot!
  • Pricing competitive by few thousands
  • As I will be travelling a lot in the month of November through to December, lots of supervision of project will be done personally by him and I prefer to work with a contractor who has his own electrician and carpentry work etc where he can have direct chain of command.
  • Referral by family member which is probably the best since I have also seen the workmanship
  • Also can chop chop submit for hacking approval while the current owner still staying there.

After discussion, the decision

1. Hack bedroom 2 - 30% allocated to a WIW 70% to be the living room where the TV area is. The existing living area will be the dining area to accommodate my 2m teak dining table bought from Origin Asia ( 372 River Valley Rd, 248280) which I love very much even after few years
  2. We will also hack off the kitchen walls to make an open loft concept.
  3. Hack the WC toilet and become an open concept WC.., hahahah but don't worry as the yard window is not facing anyone's home we can "do our business" in peace without offending anyone. Will add door between yard and kitchen to prevent merging of smells..LOL
  4. Hack the wall dividing the WC and shower and convert to glass panels and door
  5. Hack all the existing floor and wall tiles and level the kitchen floor with living room

Today will meet up for tiles selection at Soon Bee Huat, Hafary and GF+A.

Usually I am not a indecisive person but when it comes to floor tiles, I just cant seem to make a decision. I wanted wood like tiles and thought that would be simple enough but when I was there last month to have a look-see, I was overwhelmed!

Flat wood grains, distressed wood, texture, long plank/ short plank, colours... oh man.. colours from the lightest of white to the darkest of brown, red tone, grey tone, green tone and 100 others in between. On top of that still trying to budget the tiles at $3.50 which nothing I like and those that caught my eyes are like $7, 8, 9 and even $15. I have to mentally stop myself as I know it is easy to say " just a little more $$"

I left with a million visualisation in my head. :jawdrop:

foiyon.jpg

*Evorich Vinyl - we were very impressed by their fire test and their brass ball drop but I just don't believe that no water will seep through those tiniest gap between the click ons. I have DOGSSS and foster strays as well so the tiles needs to be foolproof.

Edited by Luxexplorer

I know this is so wrong ... but shopping has started as well even before I have collect keys and select the ID/contractor :) I chanced upon one topic here which was discussing about sinks and honestly I fell in love with the photos of all the bloggers who bought them : single bowl, double bowls, farmhouse style etc. I opted for the single bowl as I had the double in previous flat and this time I want everything else to be different. Tired of looking at the same thing after 7 years.

Besides the good reviews online and those horrid ones of their sinks from TB with rust and drainage problems, I have decided to spend some good $$ on the undermount sink. I just don't want to have to destroy my solid top / others to remove a faulty sink or to live with it just like 1 blogger who have to regularly pump the TB sink as drainage too small.

The pain could be worse than my pocket pain now. Being a sales person myself, I am very realistic that we get what we pay for..hehe

This sink also marked the start of my online purchases!!!! :notti:

The famous Kraus KHU100-30 30 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KHU100-30-Undermount-Stainless-Kitchen/dp/B0032BYM4Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1446777745&sr=1-1&keywords=kraus+sink+30"

Also online at qoo10 (Only found it after I have purchased) @ $485. It is much cheaper and presumably seller has very good shipping rates.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/KRAUS-KHU100-30-30-INCH-UNDERMOUNT/431851863

• Premium T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Sound Insulated with Thick Rubber Dampening Pads & Stone Guard Undercoating
  • Channel Grooves Engineered for Optimal Drainage
  • 16-Gauge Steel for Added Durability
  • Handcrafted by Skilled Artisans
Also bought the Kraus Stainless Steel Colander

http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-CS-2-Stainless-Steel-Colander/dp/B0042D576I/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1446777916&sr=1-2&keywords=kraus+colander

You want the strong, silent type, which is characteristiccounterintuitivelyof the lowest and thus best gauges. No need to lose sleep over 16- versus 18-gauge, but when you get up to 22-gauge the metal is more prone to denting and vibrating, and less able to handle a garbage disposer. High-gauge drop-ins can be especially thin around the edges, making them ill equipped to support the heavier weight of a quality faucet. - for those who want to know about the 16 guage which is equivalent to 1.651mm.

Items received and they feel super solid and heavy. First thing I did was knocked on the sink to hear that solid sound that the group in reno blog has been raving about

I got the same Kraus sink as well and have been using it for a few months now. My experience is that you have to be diligent in cleaning up the sink each night after use. If you leave food crumps,overnight, there will be rust spots. Though relatively easy to remove, it's a bummer to see those spots on an otherwise shiny solid looking sink. (I managed to get free shipping so cost less than $400 & no GST in the end)

The colander - get the size 1 or 2. Any bigger and it will not fit in the sink.

Edited by Khng

U bot the shs 910 model right?

Do they charge gst when ship over ?

Also i think the installation is not easy leh. Not sure if any lock smith can do it. If u got a contact for locksmith who can install let me know

The thing about buying online is no installation provided and the tools to install this kinda digital may not be available easily or at least this wat i read online.

I am interested but if reasonable price with installation will be preferred

Update: manage to get this contact from user on qoo10 82976087, anybody try him for installation before?

Pros ;

Con

Edited by Relacker

Dear xhomesweethomex, thanks for dropping by ! Where is this 日日红 麻辣香锅, Making me salivate already

Have you tried this kaya & Butter toast TONG AH EATING HOUSE which has ben around way before Toastbox came into the picture.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/tong-ah-eating-house-no-more-iconic-but-kopi-and-toast-still-shiok/

what a good location you have! its near everywhere!

I love the vibes of chinatown and not to mention the yummy 日日红 麻辣香锅! :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

cant wait to see how you transform the place!

Edited by Luxexplorer

Khng, you are the same one on that crazy 88 over pages blog by Kim76? I think I remember seeing you posting a photo of your sink as well and in all honety, this sink just look so sexy. Never thought I will feel that about a SINK!! :help:
Thanks for the advice but I have a habit to clean out out sink each time I finished washing dishes so thats a plus to not having this problem. Did you try without the grid because i fnd it a little troublesome or possibly it is just a matter of habit and getting use to it.

I got the same Kraus sink as well and have been using it for a few months now. My experience is that you have to be diligent in cleaning up the sink each night after use. If you leave food crumps,overnight, there will be rust spots. Though relatively easy to remove, it's a bummer to see those spots on an otherwise shiny solid looking sink. (I managed to get free shipping so cost less than $400 & no GST in the end)

The colander - get the size 1 or 2. Any bigger and it will not fit in the sink.

So what floor tiles did you get? My cat vomits furballs pretty and working long hours means I'll only see the hardened residue... anyway cross my fingers n getting Inovar vinyls...

UPDATE : Contractor D from In Star Design Pte Ltd

After meeting with him last evening and a few hours of discussion, I have made the decision based on a few reasons :

• Feels he is very honest and calm though a bit quiet and little shy to contradict my ideas. But better than those who everything can can can but turned out all cannot!
  • Pricing competitive by few thousands
  • As I will be travelling a lot in the month of November through to December, lots of supervision of project will be done personally by him and I prefer to work with a contractor who has his own electrician and carpentry work etc where he can have direct chain of command.
  • Referral by family member which is probably the best since I have also seen the workmanship
  • Also can chop chop submit for hacking approval while the current owner still staying there.

After discussion, the decision

• Hack bedroom 2 - 30% allocated to a WIW 70% to be the living room where the TV area is. The existing living area will be the dining area to accommodate my 2m teak dining table bought from Origin Asia ( 372 River Valley Rd, 248280) which I love very much even after few years
  • We will also hack off the kitchen walls to make an open loft concept.
  • Hack the WC toilet and become an open concept WC.., hahahah but don't worry as the yard window is not facing anyone's home we can "do our business" in peace without offending anyone. Will add door between yard and kitchen to prevent merging of smells..LOL
  • Hack the wall dividing the WC and shower and convert to glass panels and door
  • Hack all the existing floor and wall tiles and level the kitchen floor with living room
Today will meet up for tiles selection at Soon Bee Huat, Hafary and GF+A.

Usually I am not a indecisive person but when it comes to floor tiles, I just cant seem to make a decision. I wanted wood like tiles and thought that would be simple enough but when I was there last month to have a look-see, I was overwhelmed!

Flat wood grains, distressed wood, texture, long plank/ short plank, colours... oh man.. colours from the lightest of white to the darkest of brown, red tone, grey tone, green tone and 100 others in between. On top of that still trying to budget the tiles at $3.50 which nothing I like and those that caught my eyes are like $7, 8, 9 and even $15. I have to mentally stop myself as I know it is easy to say " just a little more $$"

I left with a million visualisation in my head. :jawdrop:

*Evorich Vinyl - we were very impressed by their fire test and their brass ball drop but I just don't believe that no water will seep through those tiniest gap between the click ons. I have DOGSSS and foster strays as well so the tiles needs to be foolproof.