Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Khng, you are the same one on that crazy 88 over pages blog by Kim76? I think I remember seeing you posting a photo of your sink as well and in all honety, this sink just look so sexy. Never thought I will feel that about a SINK!! :help:

Thanks for the advice but I have a habit to clean out out sink each time I finished washing dishes so thats a plus to not having this problem. Did you try without the grid because i fnd it a little troublesome or possibly it is just a matter of habit and getting use to it.

I read her blog but not all the 88 pages.

I am using the grid and I do find it troublesome initially. But got used to it now. It actually give peace of mind that you can just dump all the pots and plates or whatever into the sink without worrying about scratches.

And since you clean the sink each time after use, it is not too much trouble to just remove the grid before doing so.

In summary, I think you have got no worry there.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear xhomesweethomex, thanks for dropping by ! Where is this 日日红 麻辣香锅, Making me salivate already

Have you tried this kaya & Butter toast TONG AH EATING HOUSE which has ben around way before Toastbox came into the picture.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/tong-ah-eating-house-no-more-iconic-but-kopi-and-toast-still-shiok/

It's located within people's park hawker center! One of the best I had! Hehehe.

And nope I have not tried the kopi & toast yet but I will drop by sometime! Staying in Punggol makes me lazy to travel thaaaaaat far.

Thats right and it is a very solid looking piece and I like it lots! I think very singaporean woman thingy because I saw it is Samsung which is very popular now and the colour is cool so I bought it. (as long as practical and looks nice) If you keep the purchase below S$400 you will not pay GST so i added only 1 extra tag key to keep it below.

I am sure can easily find someone to install the lock since Samsung also being sold here so i am not too worried. My newly appointed contractor said they can fixed it for me so thats a bonus :)

U bot the shs 910 model right? Do they charge gst when ship over ?

Also i think the installation is not easy leh. Not sure if any lock smith can do it. If u got a contact for locksmith who can install let me know
The thing about buying online is no installation provided and the tools to install this kinda digital may not be available easily or at least this wat i read online.

I am interested but if reasonable price with installation will be preferred

Update: manage to get this contact from user on qoo10 82976087, anybody try him for installation before?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Really a big thank you to Contractor Des' patience as we shuffled between Lian Seng Hin, Hafary and Soon Bee Huat. A total of 5.5 hours and I was exhausted and the tiles are starting to look alike..haha. After contractor Des left, I decided to pop into Hafary to have another look at the tile I have shortlisted and suddenly something caught my eye!
"How come I didn't see it the first time when I walked pass it huh?" - standing there was a mock up wall @ Hup Kiong facing the streets which made me turned my head and have a 2nd look.

For the service of Hup Kiong @ Balestier, i was served by a beautifully dressed up Malay lady who really don't give a ****. When I asked where the tiles are from she tells me very expensive from italy. When I say it is very nice, she told me some people cannot accept the randomness and have sent back for replacement and " ok la if you can accept it. all these while she sitting behind the counter & packing her bags to go home. I left feeling piffed and walk to Hafary. hmmmpppfff,, you think I cant afford a $6/psf?

Undeterred when I finished the rounds in Hafary, I walked back and luckily Ms beauty Queen no longer there and i was served by Ah Hoon who is the sweetest lady ever. Even she was hunchback , she always insist to bring the tiles down for my viewing. Definitely going with her instead

Because i am using only 1 tile for the entire house except the yard , open WC and Shower I am very cautious of the effect - BF said distress wood style might be boring after few years. And yet this one has more character than the other dark wood. HELP!

From conversations with various sales, china woodlike tiles although random has repeats at every 5 or 6 piece whereas italian tiles can be all random in the entire box.

Let the photos tell their story

Option 1: Distress wood like tiles - For my entire living hall, kitchen, bedroom 2 (converted to hall and WIW) and bedroom 1

From Italy ($6/psf)

xndesp.jpg

Close up:

sxhh80.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Now that we have decided on the distressed floor tiles throughout the entire house, the question is which colour ..because I found out that they have a darker colour besides option 1 (above) Nobody likes the dark and even darker colour for flooring it seems as almost everyone told me " too dark makes the place looks smaller" but then I really like it because I feel that the colour is much warmer.

Have a look at the bottom 2 colours. (Brown with the orange sticker is what I initially fell in love with but next to it is Grey which is simply sexy isnt it??)
Thee are the "Dolphin range from ABK Italy - http://architizer.com/products/auto-leveling-by-abk-group/

Porcelain stoneware wall/floor tiles with wood effect
"The DOLPHIN collection by ABK continues the companys research into wood-effect products inspired by timeworn, visually-striking materials with unusual origins. In this case the source of inspiration is the famous Venetian briccole, the mooring posts or so-called dolphins used in the lagoon, which need to be replaced periodically once the submerged portions have been damaged through exposure to salt water."

vd0cjp.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Looking at your moodboard, darker tiles will suits your theme better and yes, darker tiles will make your place looks smaller than it is.

ultimately choose the one which you would love to wake up to every day! :notti:

I think I have to agree with you, I really like the one on the left, the darker wood really make it so nice.

If you are looking at this kind of tiles maybe you can visit GF+A, I find of the tile wood like tiles (hand cut and cross cut) are so beautiful.

Manage to find it at their website, but the photo is way too small

http://www.gfaglobal.com/catalog/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=184

Edited by nextstep

nextstep, actually I did go to GF+A one day after my outing with Contractor Des. I feel little stress when contractor is with me since I like to take my time to see the colours and texture of a tile and I don't want him to waste time waiting with me :)
GF+A has really good quality italian tiles and I did see something I like over there but the colour was out of stock so "Lodge" is one of the tile sample I have brought home (yep, you got it about the feel I am looking for) but at about $9 psf really need to think if I should up the budget again. The colour palette is the same as Dolphin with Birch, Maple, Oak and Grey. Anyways, the lighter colours for dolphin ( the top 2- white and maple) have all been reserved so I can see the popularity of lighter tones. But for me, dark colours just bring out more of the grains in it.

My bf cant understand why I am harping so much on the flooring but it is the biggest item in the entire house and all other furnishing and colours will revolve around it.. how can it not be important le.. But I find that others seems to be able to decide very quickly and I feeling like a old auntie dilly dally

Concerns:

Brown - Turned out looking like a farmhouse
Grey - Turned out too dark ( but sexy can already right?) Haha

34o4vif.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Lazyfatcat007, furballs sounds nasty as I have never seen them before..haha. But should be ok, I am just being Kaisu as dog's pee sitting on the floor for whole day till I get home is a no-no. The sales told me that vinyl are plastic but then again i just imagine the pee being collected below it.. so silly right.

So what floor tiles did you get? My cat vomits furballs pretty and working long hours means I'll only see the hardened residue... anyway cross my fingers n getting Inovar vinyls...

Edited by Luxexplorer

Lazyfatcat007, furballs sounds nasty as I have never seen them before..haha. But should be ok, I am just being Kaisu as dog's pee sitting on the floor for whole day till I get home is a no-no. The sales told me that vinyl are plastic but then again i just imagine the pee being collected below it.. so silly right.

Same as me! My buns pee outside sometimes when they're miffed at me, that's why I ended up with tiles too.

• Like 1

nextstep, actually I did go to GF+A one day after my outing with Contractor Des. I do feel a little stress when contractor is with me since I like to take my time to see the colours and texture of a tile and I don't want him to waste time waiting with me :)

GF+A has really good quality italian tiles and I did see something I like over there but the colour was out of stock so "Lodge" is one of the tile sample I have brought home (yep, you got it about the feel I am looking for) but at about $9 psf really need to think if I should up the budget again. The colour palette is the same as Dolphin with Birch, Maple, Oak and Grey. Anyways, the lighter colours for dolphin ( the top 2- white and maple) have all been reserved so I can see the popularity of lighter tones. But for me, dark colours just bring out more of the grains in it.

My bf cant understand why I am harping so much on the flooring but it is the biggest item in the entire house and all other furnishing and colours will revolve around it.. how can it not be important le.. But I find that others seems to be able to decide very quickly and I feeling like a old auntie dilly dally

Concerns:

Brown - Turned out looking like a farmhouse

Grey - Turned out too dark ( but sexy can already right?) Haha

34o4vif.jpg

yep I have to agree GF+A really have very good quality tiles, the price is also at the high side. But maybe because I don't use lots of tiles at my place so I go for it.

I use the ink black hand finish "Lodge" for my kitchen floor, but I did pay less then $9 psf for that tiles.

If you really like it maybe you can see can you nego the price down a bit.

Sometime we man have this idea, can you than ok liao mentality. But since only 1 tiles going to be almost all of your floor across your house I think you really have to take extra time to think which colour and direction you want to go for. (Yes, Sexy Can liao)

For me If you floor turn out dark just to make sure the lighting at home are bright enough I think can overcome the issue. Maybe can tell your bf this :P

My house flooring are kinda dark also.

Ya lor.. Ah Hoon from Hup kiong also said dark colour very nice, whether "dare or not" LOL

So, too lazy to head out for shopping so sit in front of the laptop instead. End up buying the 3rd item for new new flat... tada.. Chose white as later want to DIY it a colorful animal

r9j47k.jpg

Just one more thing to add!

My tiling uncle said, dark matte tiles are almost fool proof

They withstand stains, scratches and everything in between and still looks new even after years and years of use. :)

Ya lor.. Ah Hoon from Hup kiong also said dark colour very nice, whether "dare or not" LOL

So, too lazy to head out for shopping so sit in front of the laptop instead. End up buying the 3rd item for new new flat... tada.. Chose white as later want to DIY it a colorful animal

r9j47k.jpg

So fast fast convince your bf and go for the colour you like, reno sometime really need to follow heart one.

very nice, which website you got this item?

I plan to get one colourful elephant statue from Takashimaya, don't know why I have a thing to elephant.

They withstand stains, scratches and everything in between and still looks new even after years and years of use. :)

with your input I am now so glad that I go for the super dark grey tiles for my kitchen wall.

I had a matt black kitchen flooring before paired with glossy black cabinets ... clean like crazy especially when I have dogs at home and Cook a lot. No denying dark floors are contemporary and very in now and I love them. Always drawn to the darker colours when looking for tiles. Now that you confirm it from professional , it's a win ;)

Edited by Luxexplorer