Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Hello Scarlett! Happy to have you drop by to my resale flat blog.

Following your "A Hodgepodge Of Ideas" and I like the toilet tiles already:)

hi! just dropped by your blog to take a look. the tiles look really nice!!! looking forward to seeing the rest of the house :)

Edited by Luxexplorer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

TAOBAO SHOPPING (booboo)

So the first time, I decided to tonbang with someone to try out a pair of dining hanging lights.

1) First boo boo - buy the wrong size... way too big. But managed to convice myself can do la rather than waste it.

2) now realise that something is missing when we tried to fix the light, the white part holder for the bulb is not in there. I wonder if any piece from hardware shop will suffice.

1zqqbet.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Nice reading your blog. Indeed, you are very meticulous and that's a mark to a beautiful home. Congrats that the walls hack has also been approved. Re-defining your area will only make each designated areas bigger and spacious.

Looking forward to see your beautiful home here.

Hello Reiki! Thanks for encouraging words! I want to thank you for your very thorough write up on the management of wires. I studied it in detail even before i started my reno as it is much more difficult to manage that for the very old resale flats.

It took me a while to realise those new BTO have the wires build in like a condominium so it looks much better

Plus my old flat has lots of columns all over. ..

Edited by Luxexplorer

The shopping list :

1) Fujioh slim900 Hood and TekaHob - Done.

The Teka hob was love at first sight when i saw nextstep posted it on his blog and he kindly shared the information. After some research between 2 different models of 3 burners , I ended up with this because of the ceramic glass instead of tempered glass. If you take a good look, you will realise the glass is also thinner

2) The hood was chosen just becauase it is slim and no need for too much maintanence.. Alss my parents place using Fujioh for long time and have no problem.

I was deciding to take the smaller one at 600mm since my cooking hob is small but the sales person keep insisting that it will be easier for the contractor to design the kitchen cabinets as the 2 doors size will be 450mm each.

1qkevn.jpg2zgf2pe.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

The shopping list :

1) Fujioh slim900 Hood and TekaHob - Done.

The Teka hob was love at first sight when i saw nextstep posted it on his blog and he kindly shared the information. After some research between 2 different models of 3 burners , I ended up with this because of the ceramic glass instead of tempered glass. If you take a good look, you will realise the glass is also thinner

2) The hood was chosen just becauase it is slim and no need for too much maintanence.. Alss my parents place using Fujioh for long time and have no problem.

I was deciding to take the smaller one at 600mm since my cooking hob is small but the sales person keep insisting that it will be easier for the contractor to design the kitchen cabinets as the 2 doors size will be 450mm each.

1qkevn.jpg2zgf2pe.jpg

The slim design is really nice.We share the same taste in the hood selection. But I got the Rinnia burners for the inner flame.

Fujioh hood - got vote of confidence from Lux. Looprevil: my fujioh hob has inner flame too. Why didn't you consider that?

Really. Did not do too much research on other but rather went with the brand that serve me well over the years.

Luxe that hob is really nice, the main reason I got it is because of the ceramic glass as well.

I am glad that you like it as well.

So when you going to start your furniture shopping?

Hello,

Very nice place and inspiration. I got an old 3rm along River Valley, and hope to finish my reno before CNY. Can I ask how does one request for free shipping from Amazon, esp when it comes to purchase of sinks? I tried chatting with the online help, who told me that it's not possible if it's more than 9kg (which I assume the sink will be of that weight).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Berried! I just added all my items and them contact customer service but I make sure that it is quite a bit of shopping of at least USD125 and more. I understand that it is not always approved so whenever I buy from amazon I will mentally prepare myself that in case I don't get the request then this will be my cost. However when I do it is always a bonus and it makes me happy.

I have been lucky to get in 1 shipment which have a few things on it. If you want to have assurance then I suggest you purchase through the qoo10 seller which is at $485. Yea she makes a profit but it is also a sure thing for you versus $800+ including shipping should it not be allowed .

I love my kraus sink very much ;)

Edited by Luxexplorer

Thanks for the advice~ I shall keep my fingers crossed again. I bought an Instant Pot recently during Black Friday Sale at Amazon and had to pay USD70 shipping. But i figured that since the markdown during the sale was so attractive, I didn't mind paying that much for the shipping

I am tempted to start a T-blog, but right now, only hacking and tiling is done. Not much to show for. Do share more updates when you have them!

Just start the blog and you can start sharing your thoughts for design phase, shopping list etc. I have found it very therapeutic to share with our fellow bloggers especially when I am unsure about some items .. I have also gain from their experiences and their shopping .. we are looking forward to see your layout etc

Edited by Luxexplorer

Lazyfatcat, i understand the Fujioh has 1 inner flame and 2 regular burner is that right? If that is the case it will be best of both worlds. I saw many people buying Rinnai for the inner flame and i was thinking to go with everyone else too But then again, I dont feel there is a need to cook food faster since i am quite happy with the speed of regular cooking.. hahah so in the end , looks prevails. So terrible right.. buying important stuff based on style just like a woman buying stilettos

Fujioh hood - got vote of confidence from Lux. Looprevil: my fujioh hob has inner flame too. Why didn't you consider that?

Edited by Luxexplorer