Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello Lazarus,

There are many places where you can get alu profiles, I got it from Prestech at the Frontier building in Ubi as they are more service oriented and able to explain to you what you need and can recommend and prepare full sets of matching gussets, bolts for you base on how you wish to connect it and can help you drill holes and tap the ends.

Hi,

May i know how much does Prestech charge you? How much is the ply? The jurong east shop also selling timber?

thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 31/01/2016 at 11:26 AM, yewtee99 said:

Hi,

May i know how much does Prestech charge you? How much is the ply? The jurong east shop also selling timber?

thanks

Hi Yewtee99, yes the Jurong east shop also selling timber. Ply for single side white laminated, 800mm square thickness 18mm. It is $30something. Sorry can't remember exact price as I bought a lot of other tools. I recently bought timber from Chip Lee in Eunos. Cheaper than the Jurong east hardware shop. For prestech stuff, its difficult to tell you the price as there are many types of profiles and prices are by per feet. See this link.

http://www.prestech.com.sg/Products.aspx?CategoryID=1

I would suggest you contact them directly.

It may look the same for the ones you see in my pic as they are all 40x40mm. but they are actually 3 different types of 40x40 profiles.

The 4 vertical ones i'm using the heavy duty type 4040H, the 4 upper horizontal ones that support the plywood the standard 4040, and the lower horizontal ones is light duty 4040L as its just bracing for rigidity.

Just the profiles alone are cheap, but if cost is a concern, you need to consider the cost of the mating parts. The Gussets and fasteners and feet all amount up to alot of cost. I like the look of clear anodized aluminium, but if its just a stand you want to DIY, I would suggest you make them all out of wood. Its cheaper that way.

An upside down look FYI. If you look at the vertical profiles connecting to the horizontal profiles are made with the triangle pieces; the gussets, Each leg I have 3 pieces, so total 12 pieces. Each gusset requires 2 bolts and 2 Rhombus nuts. So you need 36 pieces of the fasteners just for the plywood side alone. Its probably not necessary but I tend to over-engineer stuff. No warranty if the washer falls off the stand.

I have too much LED strip left so i ran it around the stand. Makes the service yard more cool.

med_gallery_71361_9_117857.jpg

Completed Washer/Dryer Pedastal. I left the front side bottom horizontal profile out as that space is reserved for my laundry basket and need it to be able to slide in/out without obstruction.

med_gallery_71361_9_159566.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed imagelinks

Kitchen Glass backsplash was up...

med_gallery_71361_7_70015.jpg

WAS....Well, not any more...

It has been removed and new pieces had to be cut. There is some misalignment on the bottom piece if you could spot it. The bottom left protrudes from the countertop by a couple millimeters while the top left lines up with the upper piece. It does not run parallel to the wall. You could say I'm anal on lines and apparently my cupboard upper and lower cornices is making it difficult for the glass makers. At least my ID still made them redo it. 8|

The Glass to be cut in 2 pieces for full wall height as cannot go into the lift. The horizontal join line was suggested by the ID as it will be covered by the chimney hood. Its a good idea. Initially without consideration of the hood i wanted the join line to be a vertical line lining up with the left cornice of the upper cabinet.

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Hi Changbp,

I actually like the look of the workstation. Thank you so much for explaining to me in detail.

I just don't understand that part about "36 pieces of the fasteners just for the plywood side alone"? Isn't you need only 24?

Thanks

Hi Changbp,

I actually like the look of the workstation. Thank you so much for explaining to me in detail.

I just don't understand that part about "36 pieces of the fasteners just for the plywood side alone"? Isn't you need only 24?

Thanks

erm, sorry my maths failed again. Yes you are right,

12 Gussets, 24 Rhombus nuts, 24 bolts just for Plywood side.

I am full of lights - 27 light points. Here is a quick light compilation display. (Some items are more than 1 per. Cove T5s and Cornice Led strips are not pictured since they are all hidden thus there are only 11 shown)

A lot of my lights are from Taobao Tmall. All came with bulbs too and no breakage! Only 1 of the spotlight bulb did not work upon arrival. The rest all work great.

1. Common toilet pendant from taobao

2. Master bathroom vanity from Amazon

3. Passageway spot light from taobao

4. Wardrobe recess spotlight from taobao

5. Phillips 3 color Living Room Downlight from lightings.com

6. Ikea Wall lamp in the hall from erm... ikea.

7. Pineapple Dining lamp from taobao.

8. Fish infinite color adjustment kids room lamp from taobao.

9. Storeroom lamp from taobao

10. Service yard lamp from taobao.

11. Tracklights from Taobao.

med_gallery_71361_8_212054.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Master bedroom have since completed reno. The bed and wall mount TV will come in after CNY and i'm going to custom carpets. These are not in the scope of works of my reno contract. My TV is LG and i paid additional for LG swivel mount. Although the electrician could install it for me foc but I felt its better for the TV guys to install it. Its included in the cost of the TV anyway.

Here is a 360deg tour around the... empty bedroom. :rolleyes:

From passageway enter the WIW.

med_gallery_71361_8_114892.jpg

Turn Left to enter the sleeping area (well... its empty ;) ). Only have space to put a bed and a wall to mount the TV. that's it. Welcome to the smallest bedroom in Dawson. :(

Please ignore the white splotches on the purple wall. the 2nd round painting to entire house has this touched up but i did not take new pictures after.

med_gallery_71361_8_111186.jpg

Ceiling mounting Vento Fino at the corner of the light box with downlights and cove lighting. Curtain Pelmet is also installed but i have not decided on what type of curtains/blinds yet.

med_gallery_71361_8_44528.jpg

Turn 180deg right we can see the aircon ledge window on the left.. I intend to invisible grill all windows except this one since its necessary for aircon servicing. So I had this window fitted with an opening restrictor with a keylock. this shot is taken with Iphone Pano mode so it looks distorted. Front is the rear of the WIW and Right is the Daikin a/c and the exit.

med_gallery_71361_8_15521.jpg

thanks for viewing! :seeya:

Next up will be the kids room and living room.

Edited by Changbp
Fixed imagelinks

Hi changbp,

Thanks for e info, btw where did u get ur track lights? I got mine from ledlightsg...

From Taobao (POK LED).

http://world.tmall.com/item/44238220251.htm?id=44238220251

I have extra that i want to sell, if you interested you can PM me or after CNY i will have a list of items I will put up in my blog that i overbought and selling at cost (so buyers save on shipping)

Edited by Changbp

Hi All, Happy Lunar New Year to all renotalkers. I've replied all PMs.

Due to big hassle trying to put pictures into RT and than link it here, i'm now using Flickr instead. Much more user friendly. And no space limitation so i dont have to keep reducing the size of the images. Hope the pic size don't overwhelm your mobile.

'

Attached pictures of the completed hall.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139714232@N05/albums/72157663825897690

24756371602_79307bed54_b.jpg

24506672499_faa6fdcd52_k.jpg

24247417643_3c5ddb0976_k.jpg

24506706519_56ddd95d7f_k.jpg

24874665065_2bd42ade49_k.jpg

Edited by Changbp

Update on Kitchen (reno completed) Except no furnishing yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139714232@N05/albums/72157664418252375

Long side of the kitchen.

24780947411_a4949652f8_k.jpg

24246189404_95bde89429_k.jpg

Close up on sink cabinet.

24246189914_0d5cbee945_k.jpg

The Gold tap recommended by Bykaranne, matched with Teka Sink and Lian Hin Quartz countertop.

24781255951_0f29cc074d_k.jpg

The short side of the kitchen. Full height glass backsplash with Teka Hob, Teka Hood, Teka Combination oven and a short length of Eubiq Power track.

24506748839_4ee27c235e_k.jpg

Close up shot of the bottom cabinets of the short side of the kitchen.

24506750309_1f39e1991a_k.jpg

The Kitchen is my baby... i spent a long time thinking of what goes where and i'm real happy with how it turns out. Cant wait to get start purchasing pots/pan and all the other accessories to start furnishing it. :sport-smiley-004:

The contracted portion of my reno has since been completed.

I'll also provide a detail review on the ID later(after i move in) since the defect rectification portion is also important. I kept my eagle eye :sport-smiley-003: thru-out the reno so every little thing that i find is a issue I highlighted and had it corrected immediately and not leave it for handover. So I do not think there would be much defects.

The updates next will be furnishing and some DIY though the furnishing would be much slow as I ran out of $$$... need time to replenish my piggy bank and start buying stuff again. :seeya: