Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
looprevil

Homecoming

After 12 years staying in my current place.It's time to move on with two kids in tow. this time round,it shall have more needed rooms and fixtures with easier functionality and maintenance.

Having pen this purchased in June and with all Reno selection and purchase settle in August. I'm waiting for the Reno to start on the 9 December and hopefully I can complete in 5 weeks.

This the floor plan and I will discuss the ID Contractors selection and purchased part later.

A8194B43-87F6-4A78-8479-1779FB5465DC.jpg

Edited by looprevil

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Contractors this time round as I have my own design and just need someone to execute. Let's start with the living, TV console with a more classic look. Hopefully I can pull this off.

F2C71ACB-5781-40DF-8AC4-05E4822162F2.jpg

Edited by looprevil

While the current granite seems ok.i shall be doing the flooring laid in Herf from living to kitchen to have the seamless looks. Balcony will be conveyed to a bedroom or study. Store room will be relocate to the kitchen to have a bigger room. White classic bedroom doors will be install with copper gold Yale door handles. Kitchen will be in white Matt laminate with marble looking soild surface & subway glass tiles as back splash.

DFB0AE9E-1C4B-44E5-BACB-2E9092343BDD.jpg

Edited by looprevil

ID selection. Let's just nickname them.

J&E: Spoken on them on the phone. And was promised to call back to confirm on appointment date. Never came back and hard to contact .J seems interested only in new Bto and not resale. A contractor that is so hard to contact is a no no for me.

Company A: sister of a friend and a nice spoken lady. Came down to take measurements with constructive ideas. Received quotation In a week. The quotation price is too high. Sorry.

Company T: Another Reno company active on This forum. Fast response with wonderiful done up home projects. Ask for a quotation and received in a weeks time. Pricing is fine with me but he could not promise the completion within 5 weeks.

S & J: After reading her blog and viewing pictures posted from the start to finish of her home. I started to Pm her and Got the contact of her contractor. she also Commented that the price is reasonable and Mr J is a nice guy to work with. Met up with S to discuss as J is currently on another project. Quotation came in a week. S promised completion more or less within 5 weeks.

After carefully going through the above mention. My gutsy feeling went with S&J. So finger cross and hope for a smooth Reno.

Edited by looprevil

Glass subway tiles! Hve been looking for them since forever... did you get yours in

sg?

Kitchen will be in white Matt laminate with marble looking soild surface & subway glass tiles as back splash.

Hi lazyfatcat. i like it as much as you..I believe no suppliers locally brought it in. I got the contact of the seller from a good friend locally. placed an order with him and got the item in 2 weeks delivered to my place. Although the tiles are not cheap. I must say the quality and the looks of it is worth paying the price.

Edited by looprevil

While the current granite seems ok.i shall be doing the flooring laid in Herf from living to kitchen to have the seamless looks. Balcony will be conveyed to a bedroom or study. Store room will be relocate to the kitchen to have a bigger room. White classic bedroom doors will be install with copper gold Yale door handles. Kitchen will be in white Matt laminate with marble looking soild surface & subway glass tiles as back splash.

Have not seen this done much so I am looking forward to your experience! The IDs I spoke to are split, some say possible, some say not recommended.

There is more work involve during tiling. If you are going stagger tiling, your Id will have to bring it to a glass maker to have it cut out to fit. Don't think they have the tools to do so in your house. I think the main reason is lesser profit and more labour for them to avoid.

Edited by looprevil

Looking forward to see your reno progress! :)

Thank you. I'm also looking forward to your final phrase of Reno. Btw, did you Change out your WC? Any recommendation?

Thank you. I'm also looking forward to your final phrase of Reno. Btw, did you Change out your WC? Any recommendation?

No oh i didn't change out the WC as ours looked pretty fine. Didn't do a butt test though... hahaha...

Maybe you can check out HoeKee at Tanjong Katong Complex (walking distant from Paya Lebar MRT) or Heritage Bath which is also around the same area.

No oh i didn't change out the WC as ours looked pretty fine. Didn't do a butt test though... hahaha...

Maybe you can check out HoeKee at Tanjong Katong Complex (walking distant from Paya Lebar MRT) or Heritage Bath which is also around the same area.

Ok. will check out heritage over the weekend. Thanks

Kitchen update

After a visit to the kitchen top showroom. Manage to get some sample back to visualize how it will turn out with the backsplash. I must admit, both are great looking piece. I have decided to go with the grey granite lookalike To give the contrast against the white cabinets.

172361A7-1E5E-4C4D-8A60-E97C17EE9B98.jpg