Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jos

Our Own Creation (W/out Id)

1 hour ago, rxgn said:

any pictures and url link to share?

Yup. tonight I will try to upload the pic in or URL. some restriction using office pc.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 3/8/2016 at 2:43 PM, Jos said:

Yup. tonight I will try to upload the pic in or URL. some restriction using office pc.

Can't wait for your updates on taobao haul! Happy to see like-minded owners purchase vanity from tb, mostly are suspended smaller sizes vanity, what's the size for yours?

4 hours ago, bipps said:

Can't wait for your updates on taobao haul! Happy to see like-minded owners purchase vanity from tb, mostly are suspended smaller sizes vanity, what's the size for yours?

Hi, delay on my photo update cos no access to my lappy.

ive gotten the suspended vanity too. gonna get my carpenter to do the installation. due to our toilet size I could only get the 68-78cm wide vanity set. but most of the vanity set in tb are together with the mirror and basin. I have requested to the seller for the vanity cabinet and the cabinet top to customize to my round bowl basin. which required 15days. so the vanity set will be in my 2nd phases shipment or else I will source ard Singapore for a cheaper one...i also ordered another mirror which is about 1.3m wide from the same seller.... the rest of my tb item are otw...which should be arriving in mid Apr.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Hi, delay on my photo update cos no access to my lappy.

ive gotten the suspended vanity too. gonna get my carpenter to do the installation. due to our toilet size I could only get the 68-78cm wide vanity set. but most of the vanity set in tb are together with the mirror and basin. I have requested to the seller for the vanity cabinet and the cabinet top to customize to my round bowl basin. which required 15days. so the vanity set will be in my 2nd phases shipment or else I will source ard Singapore for a cheaper one...i also ordered another mirror which is about 1.3m wide from the same seller.... the rest of my tb item are otw...which should be arriving in mid Apr.

Do give us an update once they arrive, I used peeka as they seem to be the only forwarder providing optional insurance, was worried my 4 mirrors will crack or chip during sea freight. I'm thinking of using another forwarder without insurance as Peeka calculation method is just too expensive.

4 hours ago, Del8 said:

Hi Del8, would really like to try these. But I'm not sure if they're compatible with our switches, or if they're 'lasting'. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, owlNbear said:

Hi Del8, would really like to try these. But I'm not sure if they're compatible with our switches, or if they're 'lasting'. Any ideas?

Hi owlNbear,

I had a distant friend on social media using this switch and she said that it is compatible with our switches. She just renovated her flat so maybe I will check with her again on the lasting issue. Just wondering why no one get these switch to go with their theme since the design look way cooler than our standard HDB  "army camp switch".

1 minute ago, Del8 said:

Hi owlNbear,

I had a distant friend on social media using this switch and she said that it is compatible with our switches. She just renovated her flat so maybe I will check with her again on the lasting issue. Just wondering why no one get these switch to go with their theme since the design look way cooler than our standard HDB  "army camp switch".

Just talked to fiance about this, and he said that older resale HDB flats (like ours) come without concealed wiring, so we need the bulky switch boxes to house all the wiring inside. But for the newer BTOs, yeah, should definitely go for those.

13 hours ago, Del8 said:

Hi,

Yes I did thought of changing the switch. I thought of going to the row of hardware shop in Kalantan lane but after seeing ur link I might consider getting from tb instead.

this is the switch I wanted to get but I'm afraid it couldn't last due to touch screen.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.w4004-11274512501.18.5nVWfi&id=521367777485

update on my 1st phase of renovation work:

cement screed by HDB (top up with $850)

lot of problem with HDB contractor ended i pay money so that my own contractor can start hacking wall....

long long story....lazy to type what happen.

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

Hacking of MBR for WIW

3 worker came and hack within 3 hours. after hack, clear the debris and home sweet home....

IMG_4379.jpg

removal of door frame

IMG_4396.jpg

worker to patch up wall, kitchen cabinet and shower kerb.

nice and funny worker. As they know im sub con all my work to individual contractor. they actually advise me what to do and take note of...the main contractor was very nice too. follow up with the work although just a small project and he even advise me what to do next too....sometime he will drop over night time to view my unit on the work progress.

IMG_4408.jpg

seal up of door in bedroom 2

IMG_4412.jpg

feature wall up

IMG_4445.jpg

kitchen cabinet and concrete sink holder up

IMG_4413.jpg

Edited by Jos

was quoted 150 for bomb shelter ventilation cover and 75$ for sealing side cover.

so decided to DIY.....

total damage for DIY... $32 for cover, and remaining compound by my hacking contractor

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

after a long discussion btw stainless steel and granite sink....we opt for this mitra 9 sink from hoe kee.

IMG_4385.jpg

TB2GyXJfVXXXXaxXpXXXXXXXXXX_2273269196.jTB2dXsfiFXXXXb0XXXXXXXXXXXX_2260261658.jTB2eJ05eFXXXXaOXXXXXXXXXXXX_2330035903.j

TB23DfmhXXXXXabXpXXXXXXXXXX_2694521297.j

TB21GZPapXXXXafXXXXXXXXXXXX_723988541.jpTB28rN7eFXXXXXbXpXXXXXXXXXX_2330035903.jT1cfNCXy8hXXXXXXXX_0-item_pic.jpg_600x60TB2kCfegXXXXXaxXXXXXXXXXXXX_92520924.jpgTB2zv84eVXXXXcnXXXXXXXXXXXX_2330035903.jTB2Rd5GcpXXXXXtXXXXXXXXXXXX_1107699688.jTB2yN2wiXXXXXcfXpXXXXXXXXXX_2330035903.jTB2o8iUXpXXXXbpXpXXXXXXXXXX_668733589.jpTB2YI_SbVXXXXauXXXXXXXXXXXX_799364899.jp

ok. that all for my 1st batch of tb spree.....dono got miss out anything....will update if i miss out something....

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, w1nn7e said:

Hi. Will follow your t-blog. Would you mind share contact of your contractor? Thanks in advance. 

PM U