Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
serangoony

Group A&a, Rebuilding, Buying Of Materials (May The Force Be With Us!)

Hello

I've just signed my designer for my home and will be looking for a builder soon. I would like to start a small group of owners who are doing similar things. I believe there would be some savings eg. If we have 8 houses, we'll spend about $400-500k on air conditioners. Surely this is stronger buying power than me spending $50k.

Things I am doing in the months to follow are

- spend 500-700k in house building and related expenses

- confirm an engineer and architect for the submission of the drawings

- confirm a builder for the A&A project: doing the structure extension, flooring, plumbing and electrical

- buying air conditioner for 3 floors of my house

- organising a trip to Guangzhou (3:50hr flight time) to buy marble, tile & outdoor furniture (my designer recommended wooden flooring buy from SG)

- attending the furniture fair in Jakarta (45mins flight time) to buy wooden furniture, beds and outdoor furniture

So if you are like minded, feel free to PM me and we can start our adventure together.

--Serangoony

Edited by serangoony

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi Serangoony,

can you include me in your group. We have also just signed up with our builder/designer/architect.

very excited to start our adventure!

--YUKI

Bro. I think you had all things a bit mix up. When doing A/A for my house, the actual process is to engage an architect first, not ID. My consultant design for our house then engage ID to do space planning and interior design. Upon construction begins, have them group up to coordinate your construction and renovation process so that you no need to spend extra money paying for VOs.My builder and ID works well as they are under same company. Getting an inexperience ID will cost you spending $ as some are inexperience in building regulations.My builder , Willy and ID Mr. Chua is the cheapest during the tendering and their service is prompt and good. If You are interested, you may drop me your email and I can recommend him to you. Going to China, especially Guangzhou, to buy your stuff will be a good idea as things over there are super cheap. We bought our lights, curtains and some tap wares and import for our house and really save a lot. You will save at least $20-30k.

hi,

i am about to start my a&a for my semi as well. just confirmed my archi, PE and contractor. now looking for carpenter.

for my a&a, my total budget is $490K including all archi, PE, changing our all 7 toilets, fixtures and lighting (excluding electrical equipment). i am extending my attic to full attic (metal roof), reconfiguration of rooms, extension on the ground floor and building a mezzanine.

if you keen, i can provide the quotation list and contact.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Hi,

I am also looking for a builder to start a A&A for a pre-war residential Shophouse. 

Just received PP from URA, hope to commence foundation and structure work from June 16.

Please share your contacts. Cheers mate!

atm.lindan@gmail.com

On 29 April 2016 at 10:11 AM, atm said:
Hi,

I am also looking for a builder to start a A&A for a pre-war residential Shophouse. 

Just received PP from URA, hope to commence foundation and structure work from June 16.

Please share your contacts. Cheers mate!

atm.lindan@gmail.com

After PP, u need WP, then BP. 

Unlikely can start by jun, as contractor need time to study n quote. 

U shd consider a design n build arrangement if u want to speed things up

Looking to do A&A, anyone that has built their own dream house recently and willing to share the experiences.

Totally new to this, appreciate help :

1. What is the rough est range of A &A 3 storey inter Terrance ?

2. Estimate duration for completion

3. critical areas that I should look up for and manage ..

thankyou 

On 5 May 2016 at 1:30 PM, Clem999 said:

Looking to do A&A, anyone that has built their own dream house recently and willing to share the experiences.

Totally new to this, appreciate help :

1. What is the rough est range of A &A 3 storey inter Terrance ?

2. Estimate duration for completion

3. critical areas that I should look up for and manage ..

thankyou 

Estimated cost is rather meaningless. Can be from 500k to 1mil, based on differiing requirements. 

Duration fastest is 1yr, longest i know of..3yrs. 

These type of project.. Focus on single decision making, believe that time is money, and everyone has a budget. 

Get an architect to conceptualise your deam home on paper first. Focus on "maximum envelope".

Thanks for the information.

Btw, where to look for good architect ?

Sorry, what is "maximum envelope" ? : ) 

I have 2 contractors from the housing agent, working with them to have some quotations, one of contractor is asking for floor plan for quotation, but the existing owner lost the floor plan, agent mentioned that can buy from URA but need to know which drawings to buy, because there are many of them and easily cost up to $1K ? anyone can advise what are the essential drawing should I buy to work with the contractor for quotation.

Thankyou

Plans are from bca n not ura. But owner usually do not buy them. The engineer will buy them. How to choose contractor n architect.. Drive ard sg.. See the project boards.. Photograph the board of projects u feel are to yr liking. 

there is a big difference between renovation contractors n general builders. Which to use depends... on your scope of works and your budget.

But owner has to know what they want before any meaningful discussion can start. The most basic start point.. Property boundary.. 7.5m infront, 2m behind u cant touch. Those u can touch.. Start planning yr layout. Drive ard sg.. Snap photos of similar houses u like. Dont try to reinvent the wheel. 

Ura website got guidelines abt what can or cannot do. Its called development control. Interesting to read.