Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EADWELLER

Need Advice On Bifold Balcony Doors. Pls Help

Hi all. Need some advice on the above-mentioned.

I am planning to put a bifold glass panel door between the living room and balcony. My contractor suggested 8panels instead of 6 which I wanted. He said the weight distribution for the 6panel bifold door (glass panel) is not as good and in time, the door might sink due to its weight. Pls advise if this is true? I personally think that the 6 panel door is aesthetically better looking. But am torn because I don't want to put up something which will sink in time - due to its weight.

The proposed size of each panel is 500mm. The size of the opening where the bifold door will be is +- 4350mm.

Your input and opinion is appreciated ! Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I personally did not have an experience with them, but saw the splendid work done at my neighbor's house. According to their good reviews <Link removed> seems to be good.You can have a word with them for more ideas. Installing impact resistant doors and windows can help more for the home safety. There are many sources from where we can adapt what is good for our home and will protect it more.