Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nestlee

Clean Scandinavian Design 4-room

Hi Pipsqueak, 

Thanks for sharing the information on the sink! Now I get to know this brand. I will definitely check it out at Bathroom warehouse and Heritage one day! 

The Bosch series of hob, hood and oven is the first set that the sales person introduced to us at Hoe Kee. I thought this series will cost a bomb but surprisingly it is still quite acceptable to us. How's your experience of using the hob and oven?

Fujioh is really famous for its hood and highly recommended by others, especially FX-900 (just that it is really a bit ugly looking). If we are getting a Fujioh, we may consider SLM 600/700/900.

I will considering a mixture of different brands for hob, hood and oven as well. :P

On 4/7/2016 at 9:36 AM, pipsqueak said:

For sinks, you can also consider Carysil brand as it is cheaper compared to Blanco from Hoe Kee, though I don't know about the quality difference. I personally prefer single bowl too but my fiance insisted on a double bowl sink...and he did say he would do the dishes, so i gave in to him haha. :notti: Bathroom warehouse and Heritage both sell carysil sinks, last i checked Bathroom warehouse was slightly cheaper if you wanna check it out.

And I also bought the same hob you are considering! I think we have similar tastes :) Except we are kinda rojak coz we bought a fujioh hood (supposedly easier to clean) and ariston oven ahha.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
8 hours ago, nestlee said:

Hi Pipsqueak, 

Thanks for sharing the information on the sink! Now I get to know this brand. I will definitely check it out at Bathroom warehouse and Heritage one day! 

The Bosch series of hob, hood and oven is the first set that the sales person introduced to us at Hoe Kee. I thought this series will cost a bomb but surprisingly it is still quite acceptable to us. How's your experience of using the hob and oven?

Fujioh is really famous for its hood and highly recommended by others, especially FX-900 (just that it is really a bit ugly looking). If we are getting a Fujioh, we may consider SLM 600/700/900.

I will considering a mixture of different brands for hob, hood and oven as well. :P

Hi!

Just popping in to say that I'm choosing the FS-890 Fujioh hood out of the entire line, mostly because as far as I can tell, that model is still made in Japan (I went to Universal Union and said I wanted the Made In Japan model of Fujioh hood and indeed they pointed me to the FS-890). Not sure about the FX-900 but not sure whether this is something that something you might want to consider. For me, it didn't really matter what the hood looked like, but I did think the FS-890 was not that ugly. Hope this helps!

In the end I got the Fujioh hood (in Rich Silver colour), a Rinnai tempered glass 3-burner hob and a Bosch built-in oven. Universal Union allowed me to combine different brands for a good price. 

I got the SLM-900 but only because it was the cheapest model available for Fujioh quoted by Ban Kim Chuan hahaha.

By the way, if you are looking for appliances, you can also consider Ban Kim Chuan at Bedok heh. My parents bought all their appliances there because their prices are pretty good, and I have checked out courts/lion city before going to BKC and realized theirs are really more competitive. You can ask for Mrs Tan if u r keen!

Also, i have not installed my appliances yet, will let you know when i do!

On 02/03/2016 at 11:43 PM, nestlee said:

SOURCING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES FOR KITCHEN

Hi There,

Can you email me your ID contract & quotation. cost per ft if possible. My email: chw_rt@yahoo.com

Also care to share the link of the blogger who had just completed her renovation under the same contractor .

Thank you.

Best regards

Rita

On 2 March 2016 at 11:44 PM, nestlee said:

SIGNING OF RENOVATION CONTRACT 
We still have not received any notification about the second HLE assessment, not to mention the date for key collection! There are neighbours from other blocks collected the keys and posted pictures of their flat.  The good thing about being the later batch to collect the keys is that we assume that there will be lesser noise and dust when most people completed their renovation?:jammin: haha.  Okay, we shall wait patiently for our turn.

Since we are going for overseas for 2 weeks and no much updates, we arranged a meet up with our contractor to sign the contract. This is the first time we visit his office. The contractor's office is kind of different from our expectations. Out of so many ID/Contractor's office that we have been, the external look of his office is the least impressive (maybe because it is situated at some old industrial building instead of some posh new building). It's okay. We cannot judge the book by its cover. It does not matter to us the look of your office as long as you can deliver good quality of workmanship for the renovation of our house. 

When we arrived at his office, he was so excited showing us around his new office. Although we already signed the contract, he still spent hours talking to us. He is the first person to educate how to differentiate between the basic and more expensive types of Blum. He also showed us the materials for kitchen table top (quartz, granite, Caesarstone), cabinet laminates and vinyl. 

Can I say the contractor is a very down to earth person? How do i put it across? He knew that we are just young couples who are going to to dump majority our hard earn cash for renovation. He did not up-sell anything. In fact, he recommended us not to splurge on unnecessary things on renovation. He also shared with us his experience of taking a renovation loan for his first flat and took years to clear the installments and interest. We also asked him advice on the electrical appliances since he did so many renovation projects. Throughout the 3 hours, we casually talked about everything from renovation, electricity electrical appliances, credit card rebates, travel to setting up business. We really enjoyed it. It's like building up a friendship with this friendly uncle, more than a business deal. We can feel the trust and rapport and hope everything will turn up well! :good:

Hello nestlee!

i really enjoyed reading ur entries:) my BTO is ready Q3 this year and it's the same layout as yours. Initially after studying the floor plan I thought it's pretty odd to have a parallel / gallery layout for kitchen due to the fact that the boob shelter door is inside the kitchen. Hope it wouldn't make the space in the kitchen too small. :) looking forward to see the house when it's ready!! 

Anyway im contemplating a contractor too, if u wouldn't mind could u pm me ur contractor's contact? 

hi nestlee, our ideas are so similar! love the clean and easy to manage scandi design!! can pm your contractor details?