Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Brainstorm

Instant Heater Recommendation

My personnal opinion of water heater..

REDRING brand the best, current house using daily since 1990.

VIVA brand also known to be very lasting.

Lasting heater are generally very simple in design with good material inside.

>standard 2x heating element

>full copper

>non circuit board for control, led light only is ok

Most of those modern heater are circuit board control and mostly not full copper, that's why not so lasting i think..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone using panasonic heater and feels the water is not hot enough? I bought 2 Panasonic DH3BB2S, I feel that the water is not hot even when I on it to the hottest. I ask the plumber, he said coz my water pressure is strong, the water did not get heated enough when it flow out. He ask me not to turn the tap to full, and it does feel slightly hotter, but I don't think instant heater should behave this way right?

Anyone using panasonic heater and feels the water is not hot enough? I bought 2 Panasonic DH3BB2S, I feel that the water is not hot even when I on it to the hottest. I ask the plumber, he said coz my water pressure is strong, the water did not get heated enough when it flow out. He ask me not to turn the tap to full, and it does feel slightly hotter, but I don't think instant heater should behave this way right?

Instant heater has small storage for water. How fast is the heating element? If the heating element is slow and the water flow is fast, naturally, the water will not get heated up fast enough.

If you want really really hot, suggest to get storage heater. They come in a few capacities (e.g. 10L, 15L and bigger).

Edited by pixel

gas heater, storage heater and instant heater which is the best? city gas give free heater , should i keep?

I think if you need really hot water, gas or storage is good. Heard that gas can save a little more, not sure on this. I have been using electric storage heater, so far so good.

If give free, take lor! But free installation or not? Make sure the installation is good! We are dealing with gas here.

So far the water heater I use always initially when on become super hot than later than will change to correct temperature. If forgot and stand under the shower and turn on directly, will sure get scale by the hot water. I was flipping through the newspaper and saw some that says come with anti-scaling constant temperature feature. Wonder if this means what happen to all my water heater will not happen on this type of water heater. Anyone has used such heater before? Need to get 2 heater soon for my new place.

Hi,

Genova is selling one Champs model (cannot remember the model) at $99 but without vertical stick.

Poh Joo at Jalan Besar is selling Champs civic at $99 stick included

Aerogaz has one model which also sells at $99 stick included.

Any suggestion, which of the 3 should i choose? These are below average prices, bec i know most models and brands are selling at around $150. So was wondering if it can at least last for 5 years, and is it worth to save that $50. Genova's closely associated plumber is charging $40 installation. If it spoils and i need to replace, i got to spend another $40 on top of the purchase price.

Also will they give water pressure problem? I don't need very hot water, but i need strong pressure, bec in the morning when i rushing to get to work, if the water pressure is low, i feel very irritated. The previous owner's heater is still functioning, but i decided to replace it bec i can't stand the low water pressure. Someone here was complaining about water pressure being reduced bec of champs being installed. Will heater affect the water pressure, or is it bad plumbing job?

AMASCO instant water heater is good. spray is good too.

have been using for very long.

their webbie @ http://www.amasco.com.sg/amasco/

Just bought my Amasco water heater for both common and master toilet. Installing this Thursday but will not be taking a shower with it till I move in, hopefully in 2-3weeks time.

Just bought my Amasco water heater for both common and master toilet. Installing this Thursday but will not be taking a shower with it till I move in, hopefully in 2-3weeks time.

How much u both the water heater? I was looking at 707 compact which quite reliable.

How much u both the water heater? I was looking at 707 compact which quite reliable.

Got 2 model, one is smaller intend to put in common and the other looks more pro :good: so put it in the master. $165 and $185. Installation if you have heater point (switch) is $35 each. The more expensive one he say is just came in one. Both got digital number to indicate the temperature. Very simple temperature control w/ on/off knob only. Heating element is from UK. Got 8 years warranty.

Actually went there to buy ceiling fan and lights coz my friend say have been getting from them for years liao than saw the heater. Didn't want to drag on the search so just decided on the spot since the salesperson seen quite nice.

Currently also sourcing. One uncle at jalan besar recommend Viva - claim the material used inside is better using copper. Also thinking of getting 707 instead as all heater look the same to me. Need some expert advice also :dancingqueen:

I just bought a Viva heater yesterday. Not sure whether is it good or not. Anyway, where is the manufacturer located? Got one shop says its from Japan, another says its from Singapore. So which is which? Thanks.

i think mistral is a good brand,..... just seems like its less talked abt these days..

anyone use gainsborough?? my house using... many many years liao.. still good....

so where is a good place to buy water heater if i dun need them to install.... my contractor installing for me FOC, i just need to know where is a good place to get best price..

any one tried Mustafa centre??

Bought mine from Poh Joo.

Less than 3 months, no heat!!!!!!

Now, need to call and might charge me transportation fees!

Crap, I will never buy stuff from Poh Joo!