Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
investor688

City Gas pipe repair / installation of new cooker hob

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If I recall correctly, inside the house your contractor can fix it, then get PUB to come test before it goes 'live'.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2016 at 3:22 PM, Loy Loongtak said:

hi investor, u go try to contact city gas? they able to repair? cos this is so called government property, better to let them do better. Safe

Hi Loy, thanks for the suggestion, Call City Gas already, they don't do any repair / installation work, instead they ask me to check with EMA web site to engage a list of licensed gas contractor to do the job. BTW you got any good recommendation? Appreciated :) 

On 6/11/2016 at 2:56 PM, w7_lee said:

If I recall correctly, inside the house your contractor can fix it, then get PUB to come test before it goes 'live'.

Hi w7_lee, thanks for the info.  Will the contractor fixing the gas-pipe / install the cooker hob will inform City-Gas to perform the testing B4 go "live" or I hv to do it myself? Any good installer recommendation? Appreciated. :)  

I had to do it myself when I was renovating my home. My reno contractor did the pipe work for me. Once the renovation was complete, hob was installed but gas line was not connected. Then I call CG to request for turn on gas line. They send their guy over (who looks like a sub-con too). When he was happy with the pressure test, he connect the line to my hob, switch on the incoming gas, check the last connection has no leak (soap water test) and turn on the stove.

Ask your hacking contractor to make good the damage or use one of those listed on EMA website.