Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dinoxp

Bad experience with this reno contractor

Reno my dream home should be a exciting and looking forward but it become a problematic nightmare with this contractor.

from the start of the reno, issues arise one after another and this contractor has misuse my trust.

Asked for drawings after our discussion, kept delaying and gave a lot execuses. He kept saying that he will build according to our agreed plan and then act blur until the 1st set of furnture is installed . Then I found out so many issues with it. Then finally gave me a out-dated drawing when I butter him, and kept giving excuses that he thought the drawing has passed it to me. 

I have told him that my objective for customise furnture is to have extra storages. When the 1st set of furnture installed, I were shocked that there was a big gap between the wall and the cupboard. And he just kept giving a lot of excuses that there was existing furnture and unable to get the correct measurement which all these were estimated.IMG-20160518-WA0010.jpeg

Plumber was engaged by him that gave me another issue. pipelines are not completed install on fri and will have to wait until Monday to be completed. But the plumber neither secure properly Nor cover up è wrong drilled hole at the end of the day and just left it. The worst nightmare was when I turned on the main water source, the whole pipe hang loosely and broke that resulted my toilet flooded.IMG-20160608-WA0022.jpg flood with water.IMG-20160608-WA0023.jpgIMG-20160608-WA0021.jpg

Everyone is looking forward for their reno to be done beautifully. but this contractor gave me issues one after another and it became a nightmares to me and my family. All I wished that the Reno will end asap as I already wear out ironed out these issues with the contractor.

Even wall tile also became problematic, hollow sound can be heard when I did my check. Kept asking him to recify, and he kept giving justified that it wont fall. until i have to force him to recifty it before I took legal action against him. When the worker rectifying è tiles, it seem that the tiles can be easily take down by just a few knocks.20160608_120741.jpg

Edited by Dinoxp
Updated

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
12 hours ago, d3n said:

expose the company name. shame this company.

you are right

I dont mind sharing if anyone want to know more about the issues that i have encountered.

my sliding window measurement also wrong with a big gap from the wall.IMG-20160608-WA0031.jpg

Edited by Dinoxp
update details

important items of the reno:

1) electrical

2) Tile work

3) Plumbing

he cant even meet the require standard.

1) electrical- he just arranged for electrical guys onsite but never give instruction how, where to lay the outlet and became my job to coodinate. worst, gave me wrong infor and resulted power outlet in my build in wardrobe have to shift.

20160526_062421.jpg

2) Tile Work-before reno start he said that he will ensure workmanship up to standard. but still have so many hollow tiles and have to chase after him to recfty it. even his sub contractor also surprise that the tiles are easily removed.20160608_120741.jpg

3) Plumbing from the 1st post pic already spell out the standard.

hiaz.

8 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Is he HDB registered? If yes, have you filed an official complaint? 

Sorry you had to go through this.

We find out that he is not a HDB registered after so many issues happen in the 1st phase of the reno  :(

We trusted the work and experience that he has shared with us and also our first time to have the reno for our house.

It is a very painful experience learn that we should not trust him and should do a diligence homework. Now my family have to under go these mental torture while staying there. :~

2 hours ago, SonOfTPY said:

can understand your frustration ... can share the contractor name ? 

I have pm you the contractor.

4 hours ago, jia_lim said:

wow.. thats pretty bad...  care to share the contractor's name?

I have pm you the contractor.

Hey bro Dinoxp, dun PM la.... This kinda fella just expose him officially here.  So fellow renovators can shame him...

2 hours ago, bB2121 said:

Hey bro Dinoxp, dun PM la.... This kinda fella just expose him officially here.  So fellow renovators can shame him...

to shame a company is easy and the person can just change è name.

maybe im unlucky to engage him at this period. i dont mind sharing my experience so no one will repeat the same mistake. if you want to know more i dont mind pm. as my objective here is not to shame a company.

what is done is done.