Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I had met the painter, Frank to run through the colours for the walls. Another contact that I got from Renotalk as well, recommended by Joemit. I must agree that Frank is a really nice guy, and very experienced too. He offered very useful advice into the type of colours that will match. He also patiently explained what needs to be done, especially for my new wall and door frames.

He must be really popular as he mentioned that he had to stop taking in new jobs as his schedule for July was already full. Thankfully, I was KS and had booked his time early.

He also mentioned that the plastering done by Ronald was very good, especially around the new door frames. :rolleyes: 

large.585736a295ee3_Day19-21.gif.6ddd6de

Edited by steffie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How time flies. It's already been a month.

I am so glad I learnt of floor buffing after reading all the posts on Renotalk. Such an economical alternative to hacking my floors and getting it re-done. Saved me thousands! Admittedly the floor is not good as new as how I had it when I first moved it, however, for the amount of money I had saved, I can most certainly overlook the imperfections.

I contacted a few floor polishing guys and decided on Jin Brothers. Not only were they the cheapest, they were also the only one that called me back to ask me more details. Therefore, I felt very reassured.

As I had gotten new vinyl tiles for the bedroom and the bathroom was an overhaul, only the living/dining room homogenous tiles and kitchen ceramic tiles need to be buffed.

And I was glad I had not misplaced my trust. Their follow up was very good. They were very accommodating to my renovation schedule and changes, texted me 3 days before to confirm the job and also called me the day before. They arrived on time at 9am, did a check of the area, immediately reported tiles that were broken and after the job is done, sent me photos of what they could and could not remove. Very honest people.

large.585736c29e619_Day32FloorBuffing.gi

Edited by steffie

17 hours ago, gonzalez30 said:

Can email me all the shortlisted contractors to nas1788@hotmail.com? Thanks!!!

Hi there, I've emailed you.

Watching the carpentry come up was so exciting!

I was very excited and full of anticipation. And thanks to Ronald, the cabinets were a perfect match for my door. I absolutely loved how it turned out.

I couldn't take a lot of photos as the electricians were there installing the lights and I didn't want to be in their way. Here's a preview.

large.585736e478501_Day33to42.gif.ac6f2b

I am so happy that Ronald was able to achieve what I had wanted. They were exactly as I had imagined and seen from his drawings.

large.58573816af05d_ShoeCabinet.GIF.a21d

large_BR3.GIF.63933cef1543c88617303632c8

large_BR2.GIF.5cffee4403377636d5677bbe6d

large_MBR.GIF.1f00637f4005edb24579ea7744

Edited by steffie

I had waited patiently for 3 hours for the guys from **** to finish installing the 3 bedroom doors and main door so that I can install the electronic door viewer cum door bell> Such a steal, only S$50 from Taobao. And it took me just 5 mins to get it done. Not nailing required at all! 

large.5857383beda17_ElectronicDoorViewer

Edited by steffie

The electrical works are up! I can finally see in the night. Hahaha....

I think the wonderful thing is that all the lights I got from Taobao worked!

Got a small KDK ceiling fan from Qoo10 to cool the living area.

large.5857365a173ab_Day43.gif.c8ba1763bc

Edited by steffie

Just a slight problem though. The tracklights were meant to illuminate the wardrobe area. However, the electrician fixed the tracklights so close to the wardrobe that I am not able to swivel the tracklights to point at the wardrobe. Small problem. Ronald will need to get the guys to come fix it. 

large.TrackLights.GIF.60c0c945e1c6a506c9

Edited by steffie

44 minutes ago, xhomesweethomex said:

Looking really good! it is nice to have a 2nd renovation after 10 over years of staying there if budget allows. :lol:

camping for more updates!

Thanks xhomesweethomex. 

Yes. After 13 years, my house started looking tired and things kept falling apart. And also probably because I have too many things from IKEA. hahaha ....

Do stay posted. I'm holding my breath for my next big shipment from Taobao. Over 100 items.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:25 AM, steffie said:

Spoke too soon..... "Murphy" decided to visit on Day 13!

Went shopping in Ikea and decided to drop off the items at the house since the contractor would need to install it later. It wasn't a planned visit since I was there just the evening before. I noticed that more work was done to the bathroom floor as the cement was a darker colour from yesterday. And horrors of horror, I noticed that the drainage in the common bathroom was created at the wrong location. I immediately texted the contractor to have him locate it back to where it was intended to be at.

He told me honestly that I can insist on locating it back but it would mean delays as they would need to hack and re-waterproof the floors again. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded the delay but I figured had I insisted on it, it would mean inconvenience as well as cost incurred for the contractor. He offered to rectify the problem by contacting the aircon guys to return to re-do the piping as well as build a kerb around the water pipes to ensure water will not collect around the water pipes as they flow towards the drainage.

I must admit that I was disappointed since it was one of my must-have items. But I guess I can learn to live with it, plus I do really appreciate the contractor's effort trying to rectify the issue immediately.

Let's hope the outcome of the kerb will be a good one. Fingers crossed!

large.585735bf2ce8d_Day13.gif.61c77aa7c9  

The kerb for the relocated aircon pipes has been completed. I think they did a good job with it. It looks nice. Doesn't look like an afterthought at all.

large.5857353ad28cd_AirconPipe.GIF.328e7

Edited by steffie

My butterfly cave is starting to take shape with my first butterfly themed item - the MBR bathroom bifold door from Ministry of Doors. I had selected the Bifold One series, which was very affordable.

You can choose between top hung or top and bottom track. I had originally wanted the top hung version but decided against it after advice from Rachel and reading many reviews on top hung bifold doors.

The door is very stable and the track is smooth. There were also many designs to choose from.

large.585735582b896_BathroomDoors.GIF.60

Edited by steffie