Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

6 hours ago, Snowkitten0 said:

Hi there! 

Mind sharing contact for contractors? Am looking for plastering service... 

Please email me at snowkitten0@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Snowkitten,  I've emailed you. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
13 hours ago, BenTan said:

Hi,

may I the contact for your shortlisted contractors and the painter Frank?

Thanks

Hi Ben, I've PM'ed you. Thanks

Hi @steffie, who are your 'door' guys? I'm looking to hack off my main door and redo just the door and gate. Did Ronald coordinate the patching up of the tiles and wall for the door frame? My contractor is reluctant to change all these for me as the reno is ending. Thanks!

Hi steffie,

Love yr doors n reno, could you share with me the below as I'm looking for contractor for my new place soon:

1. Ronald contact

2. Door and metal gate contractors contact

3. Painter contact

4. Estimate of the Ronald reno quotation as I'm looking at doing just kitchen cabinets,  shoe cabinet and wardrobe 

5. Any window grill quotation n contacts?

Thanks.

Raymond 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:32 AM, Raylowwl said:

Hi steffie,

Love yr doors n reno, could you share with me the below as I'm looking for contractor for my new place soon:

1. Ronald contact

2. Door and metal gate contractors contact

3. Painter contact

4. Estimate of the Ronald reno quotation as I'm looking at doing just kitchen cabinets,  shoe cabinet and wardrobe 

5. Any window grill quotation n contacts?

Thanks.

Raymond 

Hi Ray, I've just PM'ed you.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, Catt said:

Hi @steffie, who are your 'door' guys? I'm looking to hack off my main door and redo just the door and gate. Did Ronald coordinate the patching up of the tiles and wall for the door frame? My contractor is reluctant to change all these for me as the reno is ending. Thanks!

Hi Catt,

I've just PM'ed you the door and gate contacts.

My main door is fire rated so I was advised to keep the door frame so I only got it a new quote of paint. I got new door frames for my bedrooms and yes, Ronald changed the tile that was damaged as well as patched up the walls. However, you need to know that should you change the damaged tiles, it will look different from your current ones.

Maybe you can check why your contractor is unwilling to make those changes. Is it because it will impact some other structures or carpentry? I noticed some chip in my old tiles after the floor buffing (before carpentry) and got Ronald to change the tiles. He saw to it immediately. Didn't seem too cumbersome, was done in less than a day.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, tamt said:

can pm me your contacts? thanks!

Also looking forward to your taobao loots!

Hi Tamt,

I've pm'ed you the contacts.

I'll post my Taobao loot soon. There was some delays in the shipment due to typhoon so they only arrived about 2 weeks ago. Just managed to snap photos of it over the weekend. Some misses but mostly good. Will put something together and post it up soon. 

32 minutes ago, steffie said:

Hi Catt,

I've just PM'ed you the door and gate contacts.

My main door is fire rated so I was advised to keep the door frame so I only got it a new quote of paint. I got new door frames for my bedrooms and yes, Ronald changed the tile that was damaged as well as patched up the walls. However, you need to know that should you change the damaged tiles, it will look different from your current ones.

Maybe you can check why your contractor is unwilling to make those changes. Is it because it will impact some other structures or carpentry? I noticed some chip in my old tiles after the floor buffing (before carpentry) and got Ronald to change the tiles. He saw to it immediately. Didn't seem too cumbersome, was done in less than a day.

Thanks Steffie. I was initially advised to keep the main door as it was fire rated and I think the contractor was trying to keep my costs low. It was only later during the painting stage that we noticed the door frame was slanted, causing the door to look slanted and have a gap on top. I think he is reluctant to hack the door frame as the reno is coming to a close and removing the door and frame would mean throwing manpower into this project again (hacking the old frame, making good the walls and floor). I have spare tiles which I'd asked the contractor to leave behind for me in the event I needed to patch any of my flooring over the years, so I'm not worried that the tiles would look different. Anyway thank you for your help and advice, I will probably keep the doors as is for now and work on changing the gate over the next few months.

22 hours ago, Catt said:

Thanks Steffie. I was initially advised to keep the main door as it was fire rated and I think the contractor was trying to keep my costs low. It was only later during the painting stage that we noticed the door frame was slanted, causing the door to look slanted and have a gap on top. I think he is reluctant to hack the door frame as the reno is coming to a close and removing the door and frame would mean throwing manpower into this project again (hacking the old frame, making good the walls and floor). I have spare tiles which I'd asked the contractor to leave behind for me in the event I needed to patch any of my flooring over the years, so I'm not worried that the tiles would look different. Anyway thank you for your help and advice, I will probably keep the doors as is for now and work on changing the gate over the next few months.

I know how it feels needing to live with the imperfection. I guess if it's not too obvious, then just live with it. It can be quite cumbersome to replace door frames. HDB's bolted the door frames so well into the walls and floor, removing it will definitely cause quite a bit of damage. I was rather surprised how much need to be patched up after Ronald replaced the door frames to my bedroom. I learnt later that our HDB door frames are made of iron. I can only imagine how much more work needs to be done if you were to remove the door frame to the main door. Don't worry. You will get used to it after a while.

• Like 1

Hi steffie, could you pm me the contacts of your shorlisted contractors please?

And for the track lighting, do you know if those light and track sold by different taobao sellers are compatible?

Thanks!

Hi Noddy, I've pm'ed you the contacts.

I'm not sure about all the sellers but I think our voltage/wattage and China's are almost the same, if not the same. I got my tracklight from this seller and it's working fine. https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-b.w4011-9052801320.77.vWqQaw&id=42978258671&rn=4d57f69b1541efc86bd0c7b770f55fde&abbucket=17&skuId=3102729147326

7 hours ago, steffie said:

Hi Noddy, I've pm'ed you the contacts.

I'm not sure about all the sellers but I think our voltage/wattage and China's are almost the same, if not the same. I got my tracklight from this seller and it's working fine. https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-b.w4011-9052801320.77.vWqQaw&id=42978258671&rn=4d57f69b1541efc86bd0c7b770f55fde&abbucket=17&skuId=3102729147326

Thanks! Got your pm.

The LED lighting accepts 110 to 230v so will work in sg. Was actually wondering if lights from shop A will work with tracks from shop B. Guess i will just try to buy from the same shop to be safe :)

17 hours ago, noddy said:

Thanks! Got your pm.

The LED lighting accepts 110 to 230v so will work in sg. Was actually wondering if lights from shop A will work with tracks from shop B. Guess i will just try to buy from the same shop to be safe :)

Agree. Better to get from the same shop. The price difference would be marginal. I bought the tracklights from this shop and the track came free. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Hahaha...