Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Didi6911

Have anyone dismantle kitchen cabinet by yourself?

Hi,

I'm very new here. Seeking advice from experienced people here whether are we able to dismantle our existing cabinets our self in order to save cost? Or anyone ever dismantle theirs before by themselves maybe you could share with me some tips. TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i dont have first hand experience for this, but a friend of mine tried to dismantle mirror cabinet from condo toilet, and very unluckily damaged a concealed water pipe. fortunately the toilet mains could be switched off but had to spend 850 to weld the pipe back. 

during my renovation i was present during the hacking. even though the kitchen was quite old (20 yrs) there seemed to be alot of 'hidden dangers', there are gas ,water and electrical connections so it doesnt look as easy as it sounds. furthermore most contractors charge hacking kitchen cabinets and kitchen tiles together so i think its worth it just to let them do it. seems too many potential pitfalls to avoid.

I had recently done it by myself and with my  2 workers. Is actually quite simple if you have the right tools. In fact, the kitchen cabinet that i had removed belong to my mother in law. i did it in less than an hour.