Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
temasekgal

Changing a light bulb in an L box

Hello, newbie here :) I'm thinking of installing an l box in my living room when I renovate my flat but am wondering about maintenance issues, specifically when changing a light bulb. How difficult (or easy) is it to deal with blown light bulbs when you have a false ceiling or an l box? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

With L box or false ceiling, you will need to install down light.

If you choose those down light without cover plate/glass (i.e. you can see the bulb when looking at it), then it is straight forward. Just pull down the old bulb and put in the new. If you opt for those with cover plate/glass (i.e. you cannot see the bulb when looking at it), then you need to remove the glass/cover plate first. A little more hassle but nothing a normal person can't do.

You can also choose LED type. They don't need bulb replacement and will last longer. But when faulty, you need to change the whole assembly. Problem would be to find an replacement that fits the opening.

Edited by w7_lee