Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

RENOVATION IS COMING #gameofhomes

6 hours ago, sapphire89 said:

Oh that's so depressing. I hope you can get it fixed! The colours on it are so pretty and vibrant!

our ID is overseas atm so i told his second IC to not touch the wall till he returns. deep in my heart i want to believe... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
6 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Mid October.. Sounds like a fair bit of time but in reality it's real soon! Wise choice to split up the moving into two batches- which also reminds me that our targeted completion date is nearer than we think it is. :unsure: gah, the stress

IKRRRR

i was also thinking that..then I realised that October is urm 2 days away??

T-9 days

Painting done in the bedrooms

dark green feature wall with rose white in the MBR

9fnmh1.jpg

kids got to choose their own colour

242e89l.jpg

291ibuf.jpg

Toilet windows put in today

(i love wire glass i don't know why)

900srd.jpg

master toilet top hung with the exhaust fan. lovely view of the sewage pipes just outside.

iqluo0.jpg

we opted not to cover up the hole where the window AC unit was, and instead put in a glass panel instead. perhaps not the wisest decision but figured can let in more light and maybe see some birds fly into it (because last weekend I learnt birds can't see glass lol) ok jk animal lovers don't flame me

al4041.jpg

toilet fittings are also here....felt like we bought a lot but doesn't look like a lot?

nr14ww.jpg

Edited by gumbokins

Hello gumbokins! greetings from EDMW reno thread :yeah:

Btw have you installed your rainshower yet? i've did a search on the model... It seems to be a really tall rainshower of 1.5m, just wondering whether it can fit in your bathroom?

Looking forward to more updates!

9 hours ago, georgieporgie said:

Hello gumbokins! greetings from EDMW reno thread :yeah:

Btw have you installed your rainshower yet? i've did a search on the model... It seems to be a really tall rainshower of 1.5m, just wondering whether it can fit in your bathroom?

Looking forward to more updates!

hoorrrrr 

plumbing is next Tuesday, iirc. Don't think there would be an issue with the rainshower height, ceiling is about 2.6m but guess will find out next week ho ho

T-8 days

yesterday was painting and the tilers are back at work to finish up the tiling since the windows are installed

master toilet door - bifold with wire glass. mmm. i think wire glass reminds me of chickens and i like chickens.

2r2vx4n.jpg

they were painting the downstairs, and somehow we inadvertently ended up looking a kindergarten. green, blue, yellow and orange. I don't know what's going on. :jawdrop::dunno::blink: hopefully when the furniture comes in things will look a bit better lol

Reached my unit today to find it in a real frenzy!

My electrician was installing downlights

The tilers were finishing up the kitchen and toilets

There were like 5-6 people doing the carpentry

We also decided to postpone the move-in date to give everyone more time to get their things done...

GPGT-

came out of the lift to see this! MY BLUM SPACE TOWERRR (upside down)

2v9b2hv.jpg

either part of my bookcase or window storage bench

rjqqme.jpg

study area

r078tx.jpg

feature bookcase

x3k06.jpg

kitchen cabinets and bar counter 

302qq0n.jpg

akacex.jpg

To anyone reading:

The thing about L-shaped cabinets is that you always end up with that unusable corner. initially we talked about putting the corner doors like this: 

2mr6xkw.jpg

but that didn't happen

What are the potential problems with this layout? Anything I should look out for?

17 hours ago, gumbokins said:

Reached my unit today to find it in a real frenzy!

My electrician was installing downlights

The tilers were finishing up the kitchen and toilets

There were like 5-6 people doing the carpentry

We also decided to postpone the move-in date to give everyone more time to get their things done...

GPGT-

came out of the lift to see this! MY BLUM SPACE TOWERRR (upside down)

2v9b2hv.jpg

either part of my bookcase or window storage bench

rjqqme.jpg

study area

r078tx.jpg

feature bookcase

x3k06.jpg

kitchen cabinets and bar counter 

302qq0n.jpg

akacex.jpg

To anyone reading:

The thing about L-shaped cabinets is that you always end up with that unusable corner. initially we talked about putting the corner doors like this: 

2mr6xkw.jpg

but that didn't happen

What are the potential problems with this layout? Anything I should look out for?

That amazing blue navy colour kitchen cabinets!!! DROOL! Carpentry by Andrew?

On 10/1/2016 at 8:43 AM, gumbokins said:

T-8 days

yesterday was painting and the tilers are back at work to finish up the tiling since the windows are installed

master toilet door - bifold with wire glass. mmm. i think wire glass reminds me of chickens and i like chickens.

2r2vx4n.jpg

they were painting the downstairs, and somehow we inadvertently ended up looking a kindergarten. green, blue, yellow and orange. I don't know what's going on. :jawdrop::dunno::blink: hopefully when the furniture comes in things will look a bit better lol

wow! these doors are so much nicer than the standard bifold doors :wub:

im gonna copy .. i mean reference your doors :P 

6 hours ago, ricepapergirl said:

That amazing blue navy colour kitchen cabinets!!! DROOL! Carpentry by Andrew?

I am beside myself over the kitchen cabinets LOL

yes he did the carpentry (by he did, i mean we got him to do the carpentry), he insisted to add the black trim and I'd have to say, they do lend quite a nice touch

2 hours ago, rae said:

wow! these doors are so much nicer than the standard bifold doors :wub:

im gonna copy .. i mean reference your doors :P 

we took FOREVER to decide on toilet doors. everything he showed me i said was ugly, we almost gave up!

common toilet has standard bi-fold though. 

caveat about this door...maybe it's because of where the light is (right now it's hanging off the pipe on the right side) but urm, can actually see the person inside ah. here you can see my tiler inside, he's wearing yellow and red. But our toilet is along the walkway to the MBR so in a way, no 'free show' for people :D

Dust has settled a bit..electricians putting up lights, carpenters still working on the kitchen

2ym697n.jpg

I actually chose a lovely green laminate as a backing for the bookshelf but we made a rather unfortunate mistake of painting the walls a similar green :( 

the silvery parts will be covered with glass because it's a whiteboard (for very tall people, hmm). inside is the shoerack and DB board and SMARTBOX thingy. the carpenter made a makeshift doorstop on the door to prevent the doorknob from hitting the cabinet door.

We are contemplating having the main door open on the other side so that it won't bang on the cabinet. does anyone know if we have to change the door frame if we want to do this?

34oy0zp.jpg

yesss counter space. i was wondering where to put a dishrack, was thinking of doing a wall mount. but now got that little sliver of place next to the sink...

sg4vav.jpg

the study and our window storage bench. we don't have a sofa outside (it's in the TV room, our lovely IKEA leather sofa) so may be a little limited in terms of seating. My cousin made one at her house and I thought it was the nicest thing ever. will be getting a cushion to put on top.

there will be two eubiq strips hiding underneath, one corner will be dedicated to charging our devices. 

Edited by gumbokins