Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leafe

Ideas for 1 room Condo (431 sqft)

Hi All, need your expertise/creativity/suggestions as I dont seems to find any suitable ideas for 1-room shoebox unit (resale).

1. Toilet with 2 doors (swing door facing living room and a sliding door inside the bed-room) - I wanted to cover up the "common door" but ID suggested to install a feature wall which costs me >$2k (dont really feel worth it), is there any cheaper way to camouflage the door?

2. I cant find a suitable corner for make up! dont really need a dressing table, but will need to install half or full length mirror somewhere which I am not too sure how and where is it being done

3. Still considering if just need a washer or both washer & dryer as I dont really want to hang the wet clothes all over the living room

4. Due to limited space, one of the ID suggested to convert the household/bomb shelter into a "walk-in wardrobe" with pole systems. Is there anyone done it and what is the feedback? is it humid and warm? My bomb shelter is near the main door, so it is kinda weird also to convert it to wardrobe, but i have no idea where to store all our clothes!

Appreciate you comments in advance! 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Remove HS door so walk in wardrobe will be easily accessible.

combo washer dryer dun work. Stack dryer abv washer in balcony. 

Wall behind bedside table can be full height mirror.  

Mount bedroom tv higher so can put dresser table below. How high? If u lie on bed with knees up.. U shd still be able watch tv.

Balconies and aircon ledge can be very useful if u get creative

Do you have a site floorplan? Easier to help you from there.

But regarding washer/dryer -- suggest you get both because shoebox unit got very little space, you need all the all-in-one you can possibly get

On 8/3/2016 at 3:52 AM, kakipo said:

Do you have a site floorplan? Easier to help you from there.

But regarding washer/dryer -- suggest you get both because shoebox unit got very little space, you need all the all-in-one you can possibly get

it seems like i shouldnt be getting a ID as the space is too small to see a different. mostly carpentry work for built-in cabinets.. 

Untitled.jpg

Put a sunshade screen at balcony. 

Dining table wall to batheoom wall put a sliding glass partition to seal off living. Kitchen fumes wont affect living area.

Living n bedroom wall remove become large studio. 

just wondering if anyone try to hack the half height wall between the balcony and AC ledge? as the wall seems to obstructing the area and making more redundant space