Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaojian

Changing spoilt LED downlight and LED ceiling light

Hi all, 

I am a newbie just gotten my flat. Sorry if my question is not high level.

I am in a dilemma. Isn't change spoilt LED downlight and spoilt LED ceiling light more difficult as compared to changing spoilt light bulb? 

I tried changing downlight, it was very difficult to pull it out as it may spoil your false ceiling.

As for LED ceiling light, if the led (not driver) is spoilt, means you need to change the whole ceiling light right?

Any comments? Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
13 hours ago, xiaojian said:

Hi all, 

I am a newbie just gotten my flat. Sorry if my question is not high level.

I am in a dilemma. Isn't change spoilt LED downlight and spoilt LED ceiling light more difficult as compared to changing spoilt light bulb? 

>> Yes. Changing a screw type or PLC plug in type light bulb is much much simpler. You can buy screw type or PLC type that are either LED or fluorescent if your existing light is screw in type (normally E27)

I tried changing downlight, it was very difficult to pull it out as it may spoil your false ceiling.

>> Depends on the design but generally yes; difficult to take out. It's a pain when it comes to replacement.

As for LED ceiling light, if the led (not driver) is spoilt, means you need to change the whole ceiling light right?

>> Yes, most don't sell the LEDs alone. Buy screw type LED bulb with built in driver is the most convenient.

Any comments? Thank you!

Usually, there are 2 spring at the side of the LED downlight to hold it to the false ceiling. You just need to slowly pull 1 side down and reveal part of the spring, use your finger to push the spring backwards and you can pull the light out. There will be dust drop off from your false ceiling but it should not be spoil that easily unless you use alot of force. It is easy once you do it a few times.

I personally think is easier to change LED downlight than normal light bulb. My previous house downlight is those E27 light bulb, the downlight box is so small that it just fit the light bulb nicely. When I need to change the E27 lightbulb, I need to turn the lightbulb slowly in a small tight box and twist and turn to get the bulb out of the box. Thus, it depends on the light bulb box too.