Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I love my Fanco fans as well! My mother-in-law also has Fanco fan and it has been working well for her place for many years. We got those without light-kits though so not sure whether your mileage would be the same.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
22 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

I love my Fanco fans :) 

my landlord used in my rental last time, used alre v good

so my house I also use... electrician say now no big diff alre haha! Dk how true. Fanco Aroma looks normal but windy and cheap :)

11 minutes ago, ricepapergirl said:

I love my Fanco fans as well! My mother-in-law also has Fanco fan and it has been working well for her place for many years. We got those without light-kits though so not sure whether your mileage would be the same.

Thanks for your vote of confidence ladies! I will be going for FANCO :sport-smiley-018:

sigh.. slightly upset with my seller.

she is trying to sell me her ceilings fans, curtains etc built in stuff. 

is this normal or am i just unlucky :~ i assumed that sellers usually left such fixtures in..

1 hour ago, rae said:

is this normal or am i just unlucky :~ i assumed that sellers usually left such fixtures in..

What do you mean? 

10 hours ago, rae said:

yes actually anything attached to the ceilings and walls should come with the house. do you have an agent? tell your agent to tell her agent. 

for my place, we assumed that the seller wanted our ceiling fans (sob) but they told us they were doing a 100% reno and that we could take everything so that's what i will be doing *muahaha*

but i'm not sure if the fixtures to be left behind should have been written down on the OTP or ?

Edited by gumbokins

The Option to Purchase would normally say the sale includes fixtures and fittings as per the Inventory List. But if there is no list, or where there is no agreement on the items included, then things that are fixed to the structure (e.g. lights, aircon, built-in cabinets, plumbing, curtain rails) goes with the sale. This would include the fans. Things that are removable (e.g. curtains) would not be included and can be taken away by the seller.

Maybe you ask seller whether she also removing the taps and WC?

On 10/1/2016 at 10:11 PM, bykaraanne said:

What do you mean? 

hmm, the seller texted the hubs a list of things she was looking to sell. It included appliances (which i think is ok), right down to the fittings on the house like the ceiling/wall mounted fans and curtains.. :dunno:

On 10/2/2016 at 7:11 AM, gumbokins said:

yes actually anything attached to the ceilings and walls should come with the house. do you have an agent? tell your agent to tell her agent. 

for my place, we assumed that the seller wanted our ceiling fans (sob) but they told us they were doing a 100% reno and that we could take everything so that's what i will be doing *muahaha*

but i'm not sure if the fixtures to be left behind should have been written down on the OTP or ?

i will double check with my agent on this and browse through my otp later :good:

1 hour ago, kstoh said:

The Option to Purchase would normally say the sale includes fixtures and fittings as per the Inventory List. But if there is no list, or where there is no agreement on the items included, then things that are fixed to the structure (e.g. lights, aircon, built-in cabinets, plumbing, curtain rails) goes with the sale. This would include the fans. Things that are removable (e.g. curtains) would not be included and can be taken away by the seller.

Maybe you ask seller whether she also removing the taps and WC?

thanks for the detailed explanation! I will look through thru the OTP when I get home later.

there is a chance she might remove WC cos she was saying it is almost brand new :unsure:

32 minutes ago, rae said:

hmm, the seller texted the hubs a list of things she was looking to sell. It included appliances (which i think is ok), right down to the fittings on the house like the ceiling/wall mounted fans and curtains.. :dunno:

i will double check with my agent on this and browse through my otp later :good:

thanks for the detailed explanation! I will look through thru the OTP when I get home later.

there is a chance she might remove WC cos she was saying it is almost brand new :unsure:

Sorry, I was surprised because... for most people the "labour cost" to remove, move and re-install these things would already be a bit boh hua.

feels a bit like she's trying to smoke you. But am glad the other peeps here could give you better advice.

2 hours ago, rae said:

you are not doing full reno isit? were u planning to keep all these in the first place?

2 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Sorry, I was surprised because... for most people the "labour cost" to remove, move and re-install these things would already be a bit boh hua.

feels a bit like she's trying to smoke you. But am glad the other peeps here could give you better advice.

i felt the same way, thats why i asked here xD Im just worried that the uninstallation would damage the walls, or the floor if the workers arent careful. the broken marble is one of the reasons i chose this place!

1 hour ago, gumbokins said:

you are not doing full reno isit? were u planning to keep all these in the first place?

i plan to overhaul kitchen, service balcony and 2 toilets only. The rest will be minor touch up like plaster + paint and repolishing marble floor and replacing doors!

initially planned to keep the 2 ceiling fans in the living area but i would rather buy brand new than to pay for the seller for the existing fans. just doesnt feel right!  :dunno:

First time see seller want to dismantle ceiling fans and maybe even WC one.. So troublesome! Totally understand your concern that the dismantling will damage the existing stuff.. Do let us know about the outcome! I kaypo a bit haha!

Btw, love the Blum kitchen idea! But not within my budget.... Sigh..

Looking forward to see your Star Wars themed home!! 

1 hour ago, rae said:

i felt the same way, thats why i asked here xD Im just worried that the uninstallation would damage the walls, or the floor if the workers arent careful. the broken marble is one of the reasons i chose this place!

i plan to overhaul kitchen, service balcony and 2 toilets only. The rest will be minor touch up like plaster + paint and repolishing marble floor and replacing doors!

initially planned to keep the 2 ceiling fans in the living area but i would rather buy brand new than to pay for the seller for the existing fans. just doesnt feel right!  :dunno:

your sale completed already or still waiting the second appointment? think she's trying to ketok you..i know my agent told me that anything affixed to the walls or ceilings must be left to the buyer. best to go through your agents, after all they earn commission from you leh..

18 hours ago, slashmylove said:

First time see seller want to dismantle ceiling fans and maybe even WC one.. So troublesome! Totally understand your concern that the dismantling will damage the existing stuff.. Do let us know about the outcome! I kaypo a bit haha!

Btw, love the Blum kitchen idea! But not within my budget.... Sigh..

Looking forward to see your Star Wars themed home!! 

cons of resale flat i guess >.<

i can afford the blum kitchen because i am only doing bottom cabinets! I do have the brochure with prices for blum if you want :)

17 hours ago, gumbokins said:

your sale completed already or still waiting the second appointment? think she's trying to ketok you..i know my agent told me that anything affixed to the walls or ceilings must be left to the buyer. best to go through your agents, after all they earn commission from you leh..

waiting second appointment. spoke to my agent and she said that ceiling fans are not included, but have to be discussed before signing otp. if seller is giving u the fans, need to list down in inventory list. fixtures only include stuff like kitchen cabinets etc

hope my oversight helps future resale owners!

15 hours ago, rae said:

cons of resale flat i guess >.<

i can afford the blum kitchen because i am only doing bottom cabinets! I do have the brochure with prices for blum if you want :)

Haha thanks for the offer, I no need the brochures cos my ID is gonna fabricate my carpentry this week and I'm quite ok with the current design. :D

8 hours ago, slashmylove said:

Haha thanks for the offer, I no need the brochures cos my ID is gonna fabricate my carpentry this week and I'm quite ok with the current design. :D

yay cant wait to see it! :D