Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mika Rora

Is it the right time to get an ID

I just got to hear that my EC that is being built is almost completed and being handed over to security soon. What does that means. How long to TOP? Is it the right time to get an ID?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Some framework:

U must know when is TOP. Get key. Then comes defect checking/rectification. Submission to rectification at least take 2 wks, subjective. Don't do reno if defect is serious. 

Good ID will take actual measurements, not only floor plan - after u get key.

No harm to discuss the theme/design/material with ID about WHAT u want and what they can provide. Will take longer if more IDs involve...

Avoid pre-CNY reno. U should know why by now.

Create a chart with activities vs date/wk.......plan and discuss with IDs...CAPEX/OPEX, shopping, supervision, mover, house warming...home sweet home.

Typical:

- 2months b4 get key - got yr IDs ready. Tell them yr $ and theme/design.

- 1months b4 get key, should have decided the ID, $ matter.

- Get key, defect clearing

- Reno duration estimation

- moving in....  

Ya, to source for ID, usually u need about 1 month to do so. So during this time, good to look around for some IDs,get comfortable with one. Because some IDs usually take long time to design (and you will need to get back to them also). 

If you want, u can PM me. I got a reliable ID company that I've previously engaged... quite reputable and dont advertise a lot because they are based a lot on word of mouth alone. Might be helpful for you

On 10/5/2016 at 9:33 AM, kakipo said:

Ya, to source for ID, usually u need about 1 month to do so. So during this time, good to look around for some IDs,get comfortable with one. Because some IDs usually take long time to design (and you will need to get back to them also). 

If you want, u can PM me. I got a reliable ID company that I've previously engaged... quite reputable and dont advertise a lot because they are based a lot on word of mouth alone. Might be helpful for you

can pm too? thank you