Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pandababy

4room Scandinavian with a splash of pastels

19 minutes ago, jaiyerika said:

Hi pandababy love the master toilet tiles. Maybo ask where did bought and how much?

Hi jaiyerika, the master toilet tiles were from Taugres at Defu lane.  The wall tiles were $2.80, the feature wall and floor tiles were around $3 I think.  It's quite a small shop though, not a lot of selection so unless you really want that particular tile, I would suggest going to some of the larger shops mentioned in the forum.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 12/17/2016 at 0:11 AM, pandababy said:

Hi jaiyerika, the master toilet tiles were from Taugres at Defu lane.  The wall tiles were $2.80, the feature wall and floor tiles were around $3 I think.  It's quite a small shop though, not a lot of selection so unless you really want that particular tile, I would suggest going to some of the larger shops mentioned in the forum.

Thank you pandababy. Will look into more. Happy holidays.

Choosing of Paint Colours

Chose the colour of my walls over the weekend.  As usual, I changed my mind several times before I felt comfortable with my decision. Kudos to my ever patient ID!  :good:

The main colour theme is light grey, white and pastel colours.  However, there were a lot of different shades within those colours, and I spent a couple of hours on the Nippon Paint website + internet looking for recommendations.

1. Living room and dining

Read on more than one blog that Sail White (1199) is a lovely creamy white that's perfect for Scandinavian style, so I chose that for the living and dining area.

IMG_7364.JPG

2. Master Bedroom

ID recommended Enchanted State for the feature wall, and Gray Drops for the other three walls.  The colours are so serene, I feel sleepy looking at them already!  zz

IMG_7363.JPG

3. Common Rooms

Initially the ID recommended Smoky, but I thought the colour looked a bit "cold" and did not feel cosy enough.  Ended up choosing Special Touch after seeing the picture below:

IMG_7370.JPG

It is a very light grey that is bordering on lilac. Looks so soothing right?

4.  Study Room

Since the other rooms are either grey or white already, I gave hubby a choice of blue or green for his study room.  He chose Blue Wish:

IMG_7365.JPG

Renovation is progressing very quickly, with updates from the ID every day.  Hacking has finished, and over the weekend they have started plastering the walls and tiling the kitchen/bathrooms. 

IMG_7360.JPGIMG_7355[1].JPG

As we are working on a tight budget, our ID suggested that we plaster over the existing Kitchen wall tiles instead of replacing them in order to save costs. The wall will then be painted over with Epoxy paint. 

Looking forward to the finished work!

Edited by pandababy

12 minutes ago, pandababy said:

Choosing of Paint Colours

Chose the colour of my walls over the weekend.  As usual, I changed my mind several times before I felt comfortable with my decision. Kudos to my ever patient ID!  :good:

The main colour theme is light grey, white and pastel colours.  However, there were a lot of different shades within those colours, and I spent a couple of hours on the Nippon Paint website + internet looking for recommendations.

1. Living room and dining

Read on more than one blog that Sail White (1199) is a lovely creamy white that's perfect for Scandinavian style, so I chose that for the living and dining area.

IMG_7364.JPG

2. Master Bedroom

ID recommended Enchanted State for the feature wall, and Gray Drops for the other three walls.  The colours are so serene, I feel sleepy looking at them already!  zz

IMG_7363.JPG

3. Common Rooms

Initially the ID recommended Smoky, but I thought the colour looked a bit "cold" and did not feel cosy enough.  Ended up choosing Special Touch after seeing the picture below:

IMG_7370.JPG

It is a very light grey that is bordering on lilac. Looks so soothing right?

4.  Study Room

Since the other rooms are either grey or white already, I gave hubby a choice of blue or green for his study room.  He chose Blue Wish:

IMG_7365.JPG

Renovation is progressing very quickly, with updates from the ID every day.  Hacking has finished, and over the weekend they have started plastering the walls and tiling the kitchen/bathrooms. 

IMG_7360.JPGIMG_7355[1].JPG

As we are working on a tight budget, our ID suggested that we plaster over the existing Kitchen wall tiles instead of replacing them in order to save costs. The wall will then be painted over with Epoxy paint. 

Looking forward to the finished work!

tts what we are going to do too! save quite a bit compared to tiling the whole kitchen. btw, are these colours nippon or ici?

Edited by fifteenmay

2 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

tts what we are going to do too! save quite a bit compared to tiling the whole kitchen. btw, are these colours nippon or ici?

Yeah, I don't understand the need for the kitchen walls to be tiled so this is a good solution.  The existing tiles on the other side will be covered by the new cabinets + backsplash so we save on hacking costs too.  The colours are Nippon!

Edited by pandababy

My contractor also recommended Sail White for the white shade. Will be following yr reno journey closely as mine (due to start in end jan/feb) has a sort of scandi+pastel concept too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d3n said:

how come fujioh hood a pain to clean? tot it is very rave here ...

Hi d3n, I was reading this blog review:  http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.sg/2011/03/review-fujioh-hood-fx-900.html

The blog owner actually gave it a very good review but I surmised that it would be a pain to clean from the description. Aside from once a month cleaning of the filter panel and oil collector, once a quarter it is recommended to take the whole thing apart and clean the inner mechanisms thoroughly. 

No doubt it has superior suction that's suitable for Asian style cooking but for  lazy + light cooker like me, I would prefer a hood that does the job adequately and requires the bare minimum amount of cleaning. :P  I was told by the salesperson at  Hoe Kee that the Tecno hood I bought only requires washing of the filter panel once a month.  The filter panels are easily removable, and comes in three small pieces that can fit in my sink easily.

Edited by pandababy

49 minutes ago, pandababy said:

Hi d3n, I was reading this blog review:  http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.sg/2011/03/review-fujioh-hood-fx-900.html

The blog owner actually gave it a very good review but I surmised that it would be a pain to clean from the description. Aside from once a month cleaning of the filter panel and oil collector, once a quarter it is recommended to take the whole thing apart and clean the inner mechanisms thoroughly. 

No doubt it has superior suction that's suitable for Asian style cooking but for  lazy + light cooker like me, I would prefer a hood that does the job adequately and requires the bare minimum amount of cleaning. :P  I was told by the salesperson at  Hoe Kee that the Tecno hood I bought only requires washing of the filter panel once a month.  The filter panels are easily removable, and comes in three small pieces that can fit in my sink easily.

icic... but some hood need to purchase filter to replace. quite costly in long run and mafan.

7 hours ago, pandababy said:

i had this in my old hse last time.. i never take the whole thing apart and clean before in the 6 years i live there.. lol :D

Tiling and Piping for Bathrooms done!

1. Master bathroom before piping

IMG_7603.JPG

2. Master bathroom with piping

IMG_7612.JPG

3. Common bathroom before piping

IMG_7601.JPG

4. Common bathroom with piping (storage heater will be installed in the Common bathroom)

IMG_7613.JPG

2 minutes ago, pandababy said:

Tiling and Piping for Bathrooms done!

1. Master bathroom before piping

IMG_7603.JPG

2. Master bathroom with piping

IMG_7612.JPG

3. Common bathroom before piping

IMG_7601.JPG

4. Common bathroom with piping (storage heater will be installed in the Common bathroom)

IMG_7613.JPG

the tiles look very luxurious!!! :o

16 minutes ago, smermil said:

the tiles look very luxurious!!! :o

Yeah I know right!  Yet these were under the $3/sqft limit included in our renovation package.