Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whoelse

Bedbug, How To Kill Them?

Just wanted to share my experience with these pests.

The whole episode started after a holiday in Hong Kong. Initially, I only discovered their presence a few months later when I noticed the stains in the seams on the mattress. It took me time to realized it as I don't really react to the bites but my girlfriend would be kept awake by them if she stayed over.

I have read that these creatures are immune to insecticide so I didn't try using them. What we did were to comb the room, and especially the mattress, for them and literally caught them. The problem obviously returned after a few weeks and I even resorted to steaming the seams of my mattress and the bed. Also, applied the bed bug spray (from NTUC if I remember correctly) but that did not work.

As a final resort, my dad got someone to bring in freshly plucked soursop tree leaves from Thailand and I spread them between the bed and the mattress. According to his colleague, this is a common remedy that the Thais use. Coupled that together with regular combing in the middle of the night and I finally managed to eradicate the problem.

They are something which I really wish would be extinct from the face of the earth.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just wanted to share my experience with these pests.

The whole episode started after a holiday in Hong Kong. Initially, I only discovered their presence a few months later when I noticed the stains in the seams on the mattress. It took me time to realized it as I don't really react to the bites but my girlfriend would be kept awake by them if she stayed over.

I have read that these creatures are immune to insecticide so I didn't try using them. What we did were to comb the room, and especially the mattress, for them and literally caught them. The problem obviously returned after a few weeks and I even resorted to steaming the seams of my mattress and the bed. Also, applied the bed bug spray (from NTUC if I remember correctly) but that did not work.

As a final resort, my dad got someone to bring in freshly plucked soursop tree leaves from Thailand and I spread them between the bed and the mattress. According to his colleague, this is a common remedy that the Thais use. Coupled that together with regular combing in the middle of the night and I finally managed to eradicate the problem.

They are something which I really wish would be extinct from the face of the earth.

You can pluck those lagi fresh soursop leaves at LCK, need car only, no aeroplane.

Edited by bepgof

Bedbugs are nasty creatures creeping along the beds and sucking our blood at night.It is good if we getrid of them as soon as possible.I called upon www.deadbedbugs.com and saw very good results in my house.

Do they legel transport to Singapore

Bedbugs are nasty creatures creeping along the beds and sucking our blood at night.It is good if we getrid of them as soon as possible.I called upon www.deadbedbugs.com and saw very good results in my house.

Do they legel transport to Singapore ?

where can i get bedbugs powder or insecticide to kill the eggs and bedbug itself in singapore? Most of the insecticide i seen does not kill the eggs. or anyone know if i get any from the web which legally transport to Singapore?

( I am afraid that it cannot pass through Singapore's custom)

My mom uses "tou you" but it didn't work well. She also used the bedsheet and pillow cover with hot water every once per 2-3 weeks but the bedbugs just keep coming back.

My house was to small to call for speclist as you know, they will have you remove all the furniture but they can do their job. Our mattress was new, just brought this year and also not money to but new furniture(so forget requesting me to buy new ones.)

NEED HELP!!!

Hi there.... I still have this problem of bedbug still... I did try to use professional help like the pest buster called Origin.. It didnt work at all.. After second treatment, i assume that i am not able to find it anymore.. It proof me wrong.. Just rite after second day, the BB came along again.. So pissed man... Paid 430 dolars to no good use... I did try to use soursop leaves.. It do works.. But it came after a few weeks after the leaves are withered... Where to find this leaves? Lim chu kang.. Which part? Which pestbuster is really worth and works? Any recommendation... Gonna try the vsafe if they still sell in ntuc or diy shop.. Probably go invest on steam cleaner...

Hi there.... I still have this problem of bedbug still... I did try to use professional help like the pest buster called Origin.. It didnt work at all.. After second treatment, i assume that i am not able to find it anymore.. It proof me wrong.. Just rite after second day, the BB came along again.. So pissed man... Paid 430 dolars to no good use... I did try to use soursop leaves.. It do works.. But it came after a few weeks after the leaves are withered... Where to find this leaves? Lim chu kang.. Which part? Which pestbuster is really worth and works? Any recommendation... Gonna try the vsafe if they still sell in ntuc or diy shop.. Probably go invest on steam cleaner...

U might as well change ur affected furniture, tink it is more worth it.Plus, chances that the BB will not come.

Hi hi.. ..

new to this forum and would like to seek your experience, if you have any, on getting rid of bedbugs.

I recently have a case of bed bugs infestation after we brought them back from a chalet we had over CNY. While we are fortunate that we detected it early, the bites (must have been more than 20 of them on me!) are so itchy and intolerable.

We had the pest control people to come in for three times already but I still get ocassional bites as we continue to clean the house and bed area diligently. We sprayed baygon around the edges of the room and air freshener on our bed (yes, it was recommended by the pest control folks that air freshener has some chemical components that will scare them off).

Whilst we are glad that the bed bugs did not attack my boy's room, we are still working on it to make sure it does not come back. It has been more than a month and we are still battling with the situation, hoping to get rid of it for good soon.

So if you have any experience of this irritating bed bugs, please share with us how you manage to get rid of it.

Many TIA!

# Bed Bugs- A bedbug is usually a brownish colored, wingless insect between 1 / 4 plus a half-inch long. They look a lot like ticks - please understand the bed bug pictures below. Bed bugs can survive for a year without feeding over a blood source, so determining how you can kill bed bugs is a real challenge. These parasites have the ability to hide in small cracks and crevices, take time and effort to discover, and in many cases harder to eradicate. Females can lay up to 300 eggs, which hatch within 10 days, thus creating an ever-growing population.

# Bed Bug Bites- Often, bed bug bites include the simplest way to share with you might have bedbugs. A bed bug's main way to obtain nutrition is blood, and so they bite making use of their beaklike mouths, piercing the skin. Different people reply to bed bug bites in different ways. Some may can't predict to remain bitten, although some can experience severe inflammation and possible infection as a few of their bed bug symptoms. Most of the bites are so small that they can can't be felt. However, a normal manifestation of a bedbug bite is often a small, swollen, white welt that forms with the bite location. Lots of people who have been bitten by bed bugs experience pronounced itching inside bite area. Take note: although most bedbug bites are merely annoying, many people experience asthma, hives, and even dangerous, life-threatening allergies.

# Finding Bed Bugs-Bed bugs are great at hiding. In reality, you undoubtedly ought to search and understand what you are searching for before you might discover a bedbug. In many instances, proof a bedbug is discovered as opposed to the actual bug itself. Rusty spots on sheets and mattresses the effect of a crushed bug or possibly a bug's fecal matter (which appears to be tiny black specks or really small dots of blood) would be the first indication a bed bug infestation has occurred, along with eggshells and shed skin. Most bed bugs are available in the crevices and cracks of mattresses, chairs, and sofas. They are usually found between the headboard and also a wall at the same time. Because bed bugs prefer wood and fabric over plastic and metal, bed bugs mostly dwell in the more lived-in aspects of a house or building, for instance a bedroom or college dorm. In case you aren't sure whether you might have bed bugs, many bed bug exterminators can provide your property an experienced inspection. Although some bug elimination companies will perform this for free, other exterminators replenish to $200. You can even find specialized bed bug exterminator companies designed to use trained dogs to sniff out bed bugs - however, a reverse phone lookup is significantly more expensive when compared to a standard inspection. Still, dogs may help you check if you have a bedbug infestation.

This will be a long battle. These blood suckers not easy to eradicate. I would use a pro pest firm. Usually they do 2 treatments. I remember we used Aardwolf and withing the guarantee period I made them come back every week to check and spray whether there were BB or not.

This is stage 1. Stage 2 is to use steam - this works.. Stage 3 is to use whatever off the shelf product designed specifically against bb and continue treating on your own for at least 3 months. These vermins can life up to 7-8 months w/o food.

Good luck.

Thanks.

Yeah, I did the same, requesting the pest control people to come back within the warranty period to spray again but these creatures are resilient! And I got bitten the next day after the spray. Since the last spray, we have caught 6-7 of them. Thank goodness that I have a helper who cleans and comb the room to eliminate them daily.

Just to share what I managed to find out on the web recently and am trying out right now.

http://gem-touch.weebly.com/

Since I have the same Delphin Vacuum cleaner, I requested that they sell me their solution instead. After one cleaning yesterday (following their instructions and advice), we have managed to "force" the BBs to come out and caught them. As instructed, one cleaning is sufficient to clean out the BBs but due to my experience, I am skeptical so am monitoring and will apply the same cleaning process again if needed.

I hope this is leading to BB-free day soon!

Thanks.

Yeah, I did the same, requesting the pest control people to come back within the warranty period to spray again but these creatures are resilient! And I got bitten the next day after the spray. Since the last spray, we have caught 6-7 of them. Thank goodness that I have a helper who cleans and comb the room to eliminate them daily.

Just to share what I managed to find out on the web recently and am trying out right now.

http://gem-touch.weebly.com/

Since I have the same Delphin Vacuum cleaner, I requested that they sell me their solution instead. After one cleaning yesterday (following their instructions and advice), we have managed to "force" the BBs to come out and caught them. As instructed, one cleaning is sufficient to clean out the BBs but due to my experience, I am skeptical so am monitoring and will apply the same cleaning process again if needed.

I hope this is leading to BB-free day soon!

i didn't see air freshener with some chemical components. I want to buy Delphin Vacuum cleaner but price is too steep, $3000 right.

how much u engaged gem-touch cleaning process?

i didn't see air freshener with some chemical components. I want to buy Delphin Vacuum cleaner but price is too steep, $3000 right.

how much u engaged gem-touch cleaning process?

Yeah, the Delphin vacuum cleaner is about $3000+. I think there is a cheaper version of it if you opt for one without controlling the suction power, meaning, just on and off. The more expensive version allows you to control the suction power, to a lower one, especially if you have little kids at home who may be scared with an immediate loud suction noise.

I didn't engage Gem Touch to clean. I just buy their solution and use it with my Delphin cleaner. The solution is $30 for a very small bottle.

Their pricing for cleaning mattressses is indicated on their website.