Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

total 12K++ is it okay to post quote at this forum. I wanna to know whether the quotation is okay or not.

Build 1 Wardrobe is $1400, Kitchen Bottom $2800, and Kitchen Cabinet $1600, remove existing cabinets @ Kitchen and hack existing kitchen basin

and dispose debris and skin bin haulage fees 1 Lump $ 1,200.00, paint 3 rm flat and sand and plastered wall and ceiling for the unit $2400.

I need to do the following

- hacking 1 kitchen tile to built a 2inch length storage at Kitchen

- Build Kitchen Cabinet

- Hacking Concrete Sink

- Build 1 Wardrobe at MBR.

- Repair Kitchen Toilet Ceiling

- Change Kitchen Toilet Door

- Change Dustbin Chute.

I was quoted $15K for above reno work from 1 of Contractor Called Casanova Interior Subsidary of Sheng Tong Sheng Renovation Contractor.

Do you ask contractor do the painting?

Edited by dean

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
DESIGN SERVICE

- Interior Design and Space planning F.O.C

- Consultation and selection of Home furnishing F.O.C

- Perspective Drawing F.O.C

- Job site co-ordination and supervision F.O.C

- Decoration advice F.O.C

- Apply for HDB Renovation Permit F.O.C

DEMOLISHING & CONSTRUCTION WORKS

- To re-move existing cabinets @ Kitchen

- To hack existing kitchen basin

- Labour to dispose debris and skin bin haulage fees 1 Lump $ 1,200.00

- To construct half-ht wall @ kitchen sink (size: 1000Lx1500ht) $ 300.00

PLUMBING WORK

- To supply and install inlet/outlet pipes @Kitchen sink. $ 150.00

- To supply and install inlet/outlet pipes @Washing machine. $ 150.00

- Labour to install :

a Kitchen sink $ 40.00

b Kitchen mixer $ 40.00

PAINTING

- To supply and paint whole house 3-room flat usingNIPPON paint and Sealer $ 1,200.00

- To sand and plastered wall and ceiling for the unit. $ 1,200.00

CARPENTRY (Level 1)

- Living area

a Customised floor T.V console $ 1,000.00

- Kitchen area

a Bottom cabinet finished in designer laminates (size: 4000Lx600D) $ 1,600.00

b To construct sliding storage cabinet @ kitchen $ 1,600.00

- Kitchen Top

a Solid surface top (size: 4000L X 600D ) $ 1,200.00

- Master bedroom

a Full-ht wardrobe c/w drawer & hanging system $ 1,400.00

(size: 1800Lx700D)

OTHERS

- General cleaning for the entire apartment $ 250.00

- Provide protection boards for the floorings $ 300.00

- To supply and install flat rubbish bin @ kitchen $ 300.00

total cost exclude accessories $11500 + 7%GST=$12305

Is it really expensive for painting whole 3-rm flat + plaster $2400, wardrobe is $1400, customised floor tv console really need $1000?

Dismantle kitchen cabinet + hacking concrete sink really need $1200, kitchen cabinet only bottom $2800.

Ard Cracked Kitchen Tile a huge 2inch width Kitchen Cabinet $1200.

Above Quotation okay?

i can't comment on hacking n plastering, cos' mine is a new hdb flat, no hacking needed.

for tv console, u never say how long is your.

to compare, we need to break it down to "$/foot run" basis.

for kitchen cabinet's solid surface top, are you using branded stuff?

if not, then your $100/ft (i.e. $1,200 / 12ft) is way too much, imo.

i've had quotes at about $80-90/ft (not Corian of cos').

all my quotes for solid surface top are separate from the kitchen cabinet cost.

for your kitchen cabinet (bottom only), $1,600/12ft = $133/ft <- looks OK.

BUT

how come got another charge for sliding storage cabinet?

does your sliding storage cabinet actually belong to the bottom kitchen cabinet?

i have no idea how much a "sliding cabinet" costs; this is the first time i'm seeing it.

but according to your quote, it would come to ($1.6k+$1.6k)/12ft = $266/ft for bottom kitchen cabinet only - i think it's way too much.

perhaps you could ask him to explain what exactly is this (e.g. any special thing about this? why so expensive? why is this quoted separately? etc)

Never mind. Sliding cabinet is actually like a storeroom @ kitchen. my flat no storeroom as hack away liao.

It hard to select which one. Linewerkz or Summit Design or Other COntractor

Edited by dean

We tried Linewerkz last year for our house reno and have regretted it ever since, because their workmanship is so poor that we have so many corrective actions to do (marble top in bathroom turning yellow/black within six months, wardrobes having wood insects, etc).

We tried Linewerkz last year for our house reno and have regretted it ever since, because their workmanship is so poor that we have so many corrective actions to do (marble top in bathroom turning yellow/black within six months, wardrobes having wood insects, etc).

Hi Wonderz003,

i done my reno with Linewerkz this year January. the designer is very spontaneous and their workmanship is good. price is also very reasonable accordingly to the materials that my husband requires. hmmm...

how come your wardrobe has wood insects??? is strange when i see you posted this, because our house handed over clean and shine. and the designer even bought AIR freshener to each room. i can say i totally satisfy with their effort.

he treated our house with so much effort. :good:

you can approach andy, senior designer. he's quite responsive, but definitely not the cheapest. not the most expensive either

you can approach andy, senior designer. he's quite responsive, but definitely not the cheapest. not the most expensive either

you know Andy too? my house was completed by him. that is what we like about his work. thou we very demanding in carpentry works, he still able to provide good finishing.

i not sure you believe or not, me and my husband caught him cleaning my house the day before handing over!! it was like 1am in the midnight. haha.. lolz.... wearing shorts and t-shirt...

to be frank, linewerkz is not cheapest in the market compare to other contractor or ID, but they provide us with good service and daily routine on supervising the site throughout the project.

overall i can say, i never find a designer who do such a extreme job. if i not wrong, he is a senior right? :jawdrop:

Me too, meet up Andy Tan before. I believed he very sincerely. It is hard to reject him as reno. His price is not cheaper than SDS. He not like other reno company that give cheapo quality and material to close deal.

If I rejected Andy than I really feel sorry. If I rejected SDS, I also feel sorry. I stuck to use linewerkz or SDS.

u can see 2 quote from 1

anyone using Linewerkz, can you post picture for us to see.

Edited by dean

Andy Tan, Senior Designer, quite sincerely guy who can work up to your budget. His quote so far not expensive not cheap type. He dislike using cheapo quality unlike other reno company.

Dear all,

I will be getting the keys to my 4-Room Flat @ Sembawang. This firm Linewerkz Pte Ltd is introduced by my friend. I was wondering whether anyone had engaged their services before.

For your help please!

Thank you.

Hi Melvin,

you can look for the senior designer there called Andy, my house is done by him and he can quote items for you. they carry out work very fast and craftwork also not bad. i not sure about other designer inside cause i only seen Andy. responsive and creative design. btw, he don't recommend cheap materials like other firm just try to close deal, but he explain the pro and con of all range for you to choose. previously i visited few ID, they quoted alot hidden cost which piss my husband. so, you can give a try with linewerkz. if you need his number, let me know. ;)

Hi Melvin,

you can look for the senior designer there called Andy, my house is done by him and he can quote items for you. they carry out work very fast and craftwork also not bad. i not sure about other designer inside cause i only seen Andy. responsive and creative design. btw, he don't recommend cheap materials like other firm just try to close deal, but he explain the pro and con of all range for you to choose. previously i visited few ID, they quoted alot hidden cost which piss my husband. so, you can give a try with linewerkz. if you need his number, let me know. ;)

Hi babycha818,

Sounds like Andy is pretty designer. But does that mean his quotes may be a bit on the high side? I'm working on limited budget for my resale flat, thus not sure if his quotation may be sky high for me. ;)

Look forward to your advice.

J

Hi babycha818,

Sounds like Andy is pretty designer. But does that mean his quotes may be a bit on the high side? I'm working on limited budget for my resale flat, thus not sure if his quotation may be sky high for me. ;)

Look forward to your advice.

J

Hi,

Sorry late reply... Was on business trip.. His price is reasonable depend which quality you looking at. He always advise accordingly. He always chit chat and concern on our budget that time.

Hi babycha818,

Thank you for your reply. So I guess you're very happy with Andy's work?

Is it possible to share any pics of your pretty place? :D